GSP is not GOAT pick for mma fans out of North America

I’ve only been watching regularly for 15. Unlike the rest of you , I didn’t have season tickets to Pankration.

No idea what you say with this, after saying that Silva losing fights already in his 40s after 20 years of pro career have much weight on this discussion - I think you need to put your shit toguether

I won't be the one to make a thesis about why beating somebody withouth any judge having anything to say about it makes for a dramatic difference
Then you have guys who had their asses absolutely handed to them for 23 minutes of a 25 minute fight then land a miracle sub. Another guy wins every round on the way to a 50-45. Is that finish still worth more?

Only from @TheSpider so now you are on her level now. Oh and from conor fans. You have reached their levels of low.

Nah, don't be ridiculous.
Again, Im no hater of GSP. I like him, and say in the OP he is a lock in top5 best ever discussions.
GSP is rarely in pros picks for #1, are they haters too?

Last edited:
I won't be the one to make a thesis about why beating somebody withouth any judge having anything to say about it makes for a dramatic difference
"Drama" seems to be a very big difference when people are comparing GOATs, as if excitation means a fighter is inherently good. Mathematically speaking, if a guy knocks out everyone he faces with the same punch, and another guy has 10 different non-finishing skills, the second guy is more skilled. If we were to compare Wilder to Fury before their sequel, your logic would lean everyone towards thinking Wilder is the better boxer, even though he's got some of the lowest technical skill in the division.

Then you have guys who had their asses absolutely handed to them for 23 minutes of a 25 minute fight then land a miracle sub. Another guy wins every round on the way to a 50-45. Is that finish still worth more?

Of course! More so when he gave that guy his rematch; and finished him again inside two rounds.

No idea what you say with this, after saying that Silva losing fights already in his 40s after 20 years of pro career have much weight on this discussion - I think you need to put your shit toguether
Pretty simple reply to the “20 years” comment. I’m sure there’s plenty of guys who’ve watched for 20 plus years who can’t even hold a job at a gas station due to incompetence.

"Drama" seems to be a very big difference when people are comparing GOATs, as if excitation means a fighter is inherently good. Mathematically speaking, if a guy knocks out everyone he faces with the same punch, and another guy has 10 different non-finishing skills, the second guy is more skilled. If we were to compare Wilder to Fury before their sequel, your logic would lean everyone towards thinking Wilder is the better boxer, even though he's got some of the lowest technical skill in the division.

You think it's a matter of "excitation"
wow you are way off mate
It doesnt matter that much if it's a flying knee or a methodical arm-triangle choke; put your opponent aways is the ultimate goal of fighting, period

Of course! More so when he gave that guy his rematch; and finished him again inside two rounds.
And gets his ass handed to him again in that first round. Getting outlanded something like 78-0. Then wins on the other fighters poor fight IQ rather than dominating in any way himself.

The greatest thing about GOAT opinions is no ones right and no ones wrong but everyone thinks everyone else is wrong and they are right.

It is comforting to see that the world gives no credence to the GSP GOAT claim.

And gets his ass handed to him again in that first round. Getting outlanded something like 78-0. Then wins on the other fighters poor fight IQ rather than dominating in any way himself.

haha
Ok boy

A lot has happened since 2016. Andy popped again and started collecting losses like a hoarder collects Beanie Babies. Jones started failing PED tests like a blind guy taking eye exams, along with a string of questionable victories. And GSP won a world title in a second weight class after stepping out of retirement after 4 years.

The GOAT ranks have not changed much at all since 2016.

Anderson losing at 40+ years old doesn't affect his all time status. He was World Champ for like 6 years and had a record # of title defenses. Nothing can change that. It doesn't matter what happened after that. Legends fade out and decline in every sport. Not everybody retires at 32 like GSP. Some guys are warriors and will never stop trying, even if they are 40 and know they are past their primes.

GSP beating Bisping is a nice win (esp for a former WW after 4 year layoff) but certainly nothing to change GOAT ranks. His legacy was already secured by 2012. Bisping is one more win but let's not act like it was a real "World Title win" or put him in the same boat as the real Champ Champ Champs (guys like Fedor, Hendo, Nog, BJ Penn, DC, Cejudo) I love Bisping but he was not the world champ when be was refusing to fight guys like Romero, Jacare, Mousasi, Whittaker. The 1st Whittaker/Romero fight was the real MW title and all true fans know that

He’s not my pick but I wouldn’t argue with anyone who says him (or Fedor, JJ or Anderson)

No hater at all, actually I like him.
Are all these guys haters too?:

full
They didn't make a thread about it for no reason

Cause fans are dumb. It takes a better more complete martial artist to be dominant for five rounds fight after fight than to score a quick finish showing only a small skill set.

They didn't make a thread about it for no reason

They weren't in quarantine or just didn't want to spend his time on these boards like me and you who keep getting in this thread I mean what a shitty reply

Cause fans are dumb. It takes a better more complete martial artist to be dominant for five rounds fight after fight than to score a quick finish showing only a small skill set.

Here are not fans but pros:

full

The GOAT ranks have not changed much at all since 2016.

Anderson losing at 40+ years old doesn't affect his all time status. He was World Champ for like 6 years and had a record # of title defenses. Nothing can change that. It doesn't matter what happened after that. Legends fade out and decline in every sport. Not everybody retires at 32 like GSP. Some guys are warriors and will never stop trying, even if they are 40 and know they are past their primes.

GSP beating Bisping is a nice win (esp for a former WW after 4 year layoff) but certainly nothing to change GOAT ranks. His legacy was already secured by 2012. Bisping is one more win but let's not act like it was a real "World Title win" or put him in the same boat as the real Champ Champ Champs (guys like Fedor, Hendo, Nog, BJ Penn, DC, Cejudo) I love Bisping but he was not the world champ when be was refusing to fight guys like Romero, Jacare, Mousasi, Whittaker. The 1st Whittaker/Romero fight was the real MW title and all true fans know that
I can respect your opinion. Valid perspectives. But the GOAT case is so subjective. And Rockhold was viewed as a real force at mw when Bisping took him out. The lineal belt will always be worth more than the interim in my eyes. Either way it was pretty good accomplishment by GSP after that long of a layoff.

Back