GRUDGE REMATCH: Gordan Ryan vs Jordan Tabor 2!

I'm armed in both places.

Legged too.

This thread is getting kind of cuckoo. I'm waiting for a group of posters to start spamming it with "Black Belts Matter!" or something, simply for the sake of absurdity...

No disrespect intended,but aren't you like a featherweight Purple or something? You were going to beat a welterweight Blackbelt competitor's ass then decided at the last minute, you didn't feel like it? You should have left that part out man.

Doesn't Kenny train at 50/50? If so he would be taught by Ryan Hall how to escape basic heel hooks attempts and proceed to destroy Jordan Tabor.

And frankly, we could never be friends even if I got this mess resolved. It's not who I am. You all seem like bullies, thugs and elitists. I'd rather fight you than befriend you. This shit should've stopped at Cassio Werneck, but you cowards stood by. It should've stopped at Hillary Williams, but you cowards stood by. Should've stopped at Sam Osman, but you cowards stood by. This is the last IBJJF rank drama. It ends here.

I'm not sure what you think anyone should do. The IBJJF is a private business, it's not a national federation that you can bring political pressure against. I also don't know that anyone has a problem with you not competing in IBJJF competitions, but the corruption of the IBJJF doesn't really change the fact that they control the generally recognized world title and as such their big tournaments are the toughest in the world and the winners of those tournaments are rightly viewed as the best in the world, and your NAGA victories really don't compare, any more than my Fight To Win victories on the Mountain West regional scene compare. And frankly your personal vendetta is not really a good reason for anyone else to boycott the IBJJF. Your story, at least as you told it on Bullshido (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124183&page=7) is pretty sketchy and very CT. It really looks like Vinny tried to shake you down for association fees which sucks but isn't really the fault of the IBJJF. For someone who seems so interested in reviewing evidence, it's odd that you ignore all the evidence that you're a good but not elite black belt who would (like almost all of us on here, for what it's worth) get tooled by IBJJF Mundials winners.

You can sign up for free to be part of the BJJ Globetrotters and use them to sign up for free for IBJJF events.

I'm not sure what you think anyone should do. The IBJJF is a private business, it's not a national federation that you can bring political pressure against. I also don't know that anyone has a problem with you not competing in IBJJF competitions, but the corruption of the IBJJF doesn't really change the fact that they control the generally recognized world title and as such their big tournaments are the toughest in the world and the winners of those tournaments are rightly viewed as the best in the world, and your NAGA victories really don't compare, any more than my Fight To Win victories on the Mountain West regional scene compare. And frankly your personal vendetta is not really a good reason for anyone else to boycott the IBJJF. Your story, at least as you told it on Bullshido (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124183&page=7) is pretty sketchy and very CT. It really looks like Vinny tried to shake you down for association fees which sucks but isn't really the fault of the IBJJF. For someone who seems so interested in reviewing evidence, it's odd that you ignore all the evidence that you're a good but not elite black belt who would (like almost all of us on here, for what it's worth) get tooled by IBJJF Mundials winners.

I'll take "good, but not elite", then put time and effort into becoming elite. If you think that not even time and effort cant defeat the IBJJF, many of whom are simply grapplers I came up with, then I'm not the delusional one.

don't you get sick of discussing this same topic on sherdog, reddit, and wherever else you spend all your time? you must get off on the attention.

to be fair, everyone baits you into these ridiculous arguments that go around in circles with everyone saying the same things over and over.

everyone should move on and let this guy do his thing, whether you agree with it or not.

Last edited:
I'll take "good, but not elite", then put time and effort into becoming elite. If you think that not even time and effort cant defeat the IBJJF, many of whom are simply grapplers I came up with, then I'm not the delusional one.

How old are you and who do you train with? Are you under the age of 25, are you going to drop everything and go do nothing but train at a really high level gym? Because that would be the only way, and even a fair number of people who do that never make much of a splash at BB. Jordan Schultz is a good example.

Here's the real question. Who wants to kick my ass? I need an opponent for the Harvard Superfight. It's one of the first BJJ locations in the country, with Maeda having taught there, AND it's fucking Harvard, so don't tell me you motherfuckers are too prestigious to be featured at Harvard. Any weight class, any skill level. What's up?

From what ive seen this Gordon Ryan kid is a fucken beast, So is Garry Tonon, no shame in losing to either of them.
Yes the comments he made about Kit were pretty fucken douchey but give the guy a break, the whole forum is lighting him up

Here's the real question. Who wants to kick my ass? I need an opponent for the Harvard Superfight. It's one of the first BJJ locations in the country, with Maeda having taught there, AND it's fucking Harvard, so don't tell me you motherfuckers are too prestigious to be featured at Harvard. Any weight class, any skill level. What's up?

Why do you think people in here think are better than you? Im a purple, so im a long way from you, most people including UCHI are not questioning your skills, but your claims to be able to be a world chamnp in 2 years using naga as a messure bar, that is ridiculous, and the people you "grew up" grappling are not IBJJF world champs, unless you grew up in brazil, because besides lovato, since bj penn theres been exactly zero americans or rised americans world champs...

You asking a bunch of colored belts who wants to take on you is very macho man, dude get your ass to the ADCC quilifier, you keep bringing IBJJF, well cut the shit out, you aint going to be competing there, we get that, why no ADCC??? Ive asked you this quiestion about 3 times and you dont answer man, why not ADCC?

Last edited:
Why do you think people in here think are better than you? Im a purple, so im a long way from you, most people including UCHI are not questioning your skills, but your claims to be able to be a world chamnp in 2 years using naga as a messure bar, that is ridiculous, and the people you "grew up" grappling are not IBJJF world champs, unless you grew up in brazil, because besides lovato, since bj penn theres been exactly zero americans or rised americans world champs...

You asking a bunch of colored belts who wants to take on you is very macho man, dude get your ass to the ADCC quilifier, you keep bringing IBJJF, well cut the shit out, you aint going to be competing there, we get that, why no ADCC??? Ive asked you this quiestion about 3 times and you dont answer man, why not ADCC?

Why would everyone here reading be a colored belt? I doubt that.

As for ADCC I just haven't hit it yet. I'm not ducking anyone. Grapplers Quest is every bit as legit, featuring ADCC champions even, IBJJF champs, fighting for cash. Still working my way through those divisions. That's a totally legit way for a grappler to spend their time. Anyways, how can I be ducking when I'm actively seeking ANY opponent?

As for ADCC I just haven't hit it yet. I'm not ducking anyone. Grapplers Quest is every bit as legit, featuring ADCC champions even, IBJJF champs, fighting for cash. Still working my way through those divisions. That's a totally legit way for a grappler to spend their time. Anyways, how can I be ducking when I'm actively seeking ANY opponent?

Lol. Grapplers Quest is as legit as ADCC. Winning NAGA logically follows that you could win worlds in 2 years.

You never cease to amaze me.

What was the last GQ you did? Who was the last ADCC champion, IBJJF champion, or anyone that has ever accomplished anything in a big tournament that you have beat? Have you ever even come close to beating someone notable?

Adcc qualifiers are just a step to get into adcc , you should hit the qualifiers and see how that goes... Thats all I'm saying

Grapplers Quest IS legit as ADCC. Last one the thing was fucking STACKED. Some of the guys there are already ADCC champs and still didn't come out on top. You're mistaking marketing for skill level. As for who I beat, I don't recall beating any celebrities, but that's not the game I'm playing. I'm beating the people in front of me. Who are they? Don't know or care. They're the grapplers of this region.

As for ADCC, I'll probably hit it, but GQ is what's familiar for me with that high level comps. I'm really not concerned with ADCCs marketing angle. I see who's at Grapplers Quest and it's a lot of the same guys. Tonon, Keenan, Ricco Rodriguez, Miyao, the usual suspects. I don't see how competing against these guys in one venue is any different from competing against them in another once money gets involved.

Back