GRUDGE REMATCH: Gordan Ryan vs Jordan Tabor 2!

SBJ

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
from: http://www.bjjee.com/videos/grudge-rematch-gordan-ryan-vs-jordan-tabor-2-this-time-no-gi/

Jordan Tabor is a BJJ practitioner who has faced some controversy in the past regarding the legitimacy of his Jiu-Jitsu black belt and how he was promoted.

Last year, he competed in a BJJ tournament as a black belt and lost to Gordon Ryan a then top level purple belt (recently promoted to black belt), and student of Tom DeBlass/Garry Tonon. Gordon Ryan took the back and choked Jordan Tabor.

Tabor and his ego didn’t accept the loss and put up 500 dollars for the rematch. The result was even worse than the first time. The commentary was pretty epic too:

---

previously..

Tabor has also disputed the legitimacy of Kit Dale’s grappling pedigree and criticized how Kit Dale lost to Garry Tonon in Metamoris:

He’s pretty much BS. I think he’d get schooled on the open circuit. IBJJF and World Pro Cup limit who you can face and restrict the attacks that you can use. Thats why he was so stunned when he met Tonon. Quit the sport after that.

It’s not about losing, but about how he lost. He lost without fighting back. He basically got hunted down.

Kit Dale responded to Jordan Tabor with an open challenge for 10,000 $:

After he called me shit on the Sherdog Forum then sent me a video telling me he will beat me in 10 seconds I decided to make a reply.. Now let’s see if he’s for real..

One correction, my ego took the loss just fine. Ryan asked for the rematch when the UGC card was coming together. Anyways, Ryan is tough. Basically took the strategy I should've utilized.

jiu jitsu grudge matches/feuds just make me laugh for some reason.

Why a thread over something that happened last year?

Oh great, another thread for Jordan to spew his schizophrenic ramblings over.

I already commented. Losing a match is chill. It happens. It's sports. Not sure why it'd be an issue.

I've never met a lot of insane people. I go out of my way not to meet them.
I'm sure you do. Unfortunately, your subjective, web-based perceptions of Jordan's sanity don't actually hold any significance in the context of the person that he is. You probably conceptualize him as some lonely psychotic clacking away in his mom's basement. That's okay. Just don't pretend like it's the truth.

I have personally entered this man's home over a dozen times, and have never felt threatened or even somewhat uncomfortable at any point. So please, try to refrain from talking shit about my friends. It makes you look like an idiot. Thanks.

I'm sure you do. Unfortunately, your subjective, web-based perceptions of Jordan's sanity don't actually hold any significance in the context of the person that he is. You probably conceptualize him as some lonely psychotic clacking away in his mom's basement. That's okay. Just don't pretend like it's the truth.

I have personally entered this man's home over a dozen times, and have never felt threatened or even somewhat uncomfortable at any point. So please, try to refrain from talking shit about my friends. It makes you look like an idiot. Thanks.

Believe it or not, I've followed Jordan's shenanigans for quite some time, so I think I have a pretty good grasp on his mental faculties. And since he is a prolific and ubiquitous poster on practically every MMA or grappling forum and message board on the Internet, many others do too.

Jordan sure seems keen to discuss himself and his imaginary drama as he seems to do it at every opportunity, so I'm simply awaiting the inevitable. Since he sees no harm in continuing to seem crazy, I see no harm in pointing it out. I'll keep posting as I see fit, thanks for your concern though.

And I'm sure he's a nice guy and a good friend, but that doesn't exclude him from also being crazy. I'm sure someone as intelligent as yourself can see that the two are not mutually exclusive.

Yet more evidence towards my theory that SBJ is primarily a content bot.

Believe it or not, I've followed Jordan's shenanigans for quite some time, so I think I have a pretty good grasp on his mental faculties. And since he is a prolific and ubiquitous poster on practically every MMA or grappling forum and message board on the Internet, many others do too.
lol? Yeah, like I said, you THINK you do. That doesn't mean your impression of him is based in fact; it just means that you are treating it as if it were, which goes back to my original point i.e. that you've become convinced that you've gleaned significant insight into this man's personality based on online web posts, which ultimately is limited solely to information that he himself has provided. The people you're talking about don't actually know a damn thing about him, either; they've just seen the information he's put out there, and drawn conclusions from it as you have.

People on this forum seem to think that his promotion was fraudulent (might have been) or that his bar fight stories are false (could be, wasn't there). Notice that I'm not necessarily siding with him on those things, and that's because I don't know the truth of the matter; all I can really say is that I wasn't there and I don't know what happened. I'll freely admit this. Regardless, both of those things don't necessarily make him a "schizophrenic"; at worst, they make him a liar, which is a bit of a different story.

I'm really just not sure what you're trying to get at with these mental health accusations. The guy himself will freely admit he has been evaluated by professionals. People who are legitimately out of touch with reality likely aren't even going to make that admission. But yeah, I suppose your perspective on his mental health is more legitimate than that of Boston psychiatric professionals-- after all, you've followed his web posts for quite some time... (your words, not mine)
lts5025 said:
And I'm sure he's a nice guy and a good friend, but that doesn't exclude him from also being crazy. I'm sure someone as intelligent as yourself can see that the two are not mutually exclusive.
I can't discern whether or not this is a thinly veiled attempt at mocking my intelligence. I don't consider myself a particularly intelligent person. Regardless, thanks for the compliment, I guess. Can good people do crazy stuff? Sure, I can recount some stuff which Jordan has told me that he did which I found somewhat concerning. But making the assertion that someone is "schizophrenic" ultimately boils down to assumptions about the fundamental ways in which they interact and form relationships with people, which is a big line to cross.

The commentator is snarky. Who is he?
IMO people are too caught up in the legitimacy of Tabor's belt. From what i've seen, he is better than at least 20 BBs I've seen. I'd bet that he could beat half of the out of shape middleaged dudes in that Valente promotion video. The thing is, few of the people are arguing tabor's ABILITY.Who cares about the politics of his belt if the ability is there? Its not like he is some TKD guy with no BJJ knowledge. I actually give him props for getting out there competing against an up and coming guy like this.

The commentator is snarky. Who is he?
IMO people are too caught up in the legitimacy of Tabor's belt. From what i've seen, he is better than at least 20 BBs I've seen. I'd bet that he could beat half of the out of shape middleaged dudes in that Valente promotion video. The thing is, few of the people are arguing tabor's ABILITY.Who cares about the politics of his belt if the ability is there? Its not like he is some TKD guy with no BJJ knowledge. I actually give him props for getting out there competing against an up and coming guy like this.

Funny you bash and critiE every single non ibjjf guy, but yeah Jordan is legit, never mind he's all about the "open circuit" and fuck ibjjf..

The guy commenting the vid kind of sounds like Gary tonon.. I got a good laugh... On the vid, no shame losing to Gordon... He's awesome

Tabor's alright but he is not as good a grappler or as funny as Kit Dale.

If Tabor didn't constantly talk about how great he is, if he didn't call out random people all the time for no reason, how he only doesn't do IBJJF because it's corrupt but he would actually dominate, how the real champions are outside of IBJJF, how Keenan was scared to face him, about how every brazilian in bjj is somehow shady and related to drugs, money laundering, and other conspiracies, how carlos gracie tried to sell him a belt or something or other....then he might be an ok guy.

At best, he seems like an arrogant asshole. At worst he has some mental issues.

Side note - how did Gordon go from purple to black in a year?

Guessing Gordon doesn't do any IBJJF events so Danaher probably doesn't care about those guidelines for him. It looks like he does just about all no-gi so a blackbelt rank may help him get into some of the bigger matches / tournaments easier. Just a guess though.

Back