grown ass men that avoid heavy lifting (not talking about weights)

Pretty ridiculous thing to take personally. Some men aren't cut out for that shit. I don't see the problem. Is the world experiencing a shortage of heavy lifters at the moment or something?

Pretty ridiculous thing to take personally. Some men aren't cut out for that shit. I don't see the problem. Is the world experiencing a shortage of heavy lifters at the moment or something?

It's not ridiculous when you take into account that's probably all TS has at this point and what he bases his self worth on.

Wait... That is just a little embarrassing.

TS, it's great that you can lift. It's the be all end all for just about anyone playing football in High School. But creating a fantasy world where that matters in real life and even worse, a thread on an MMA forum about it and calling out people who can't to support that delusion reeks of insecurity and self-loathing.

I bet you can bench dat 275, doe. So, congrats...

like 20 to 100 lbs.

biglaugh.gif

jack.gif

I figured this would be a troll thread.

like 20 to 100 lbs.

20 lbs is beginner weight lifting for a dumb-bell. If you consider 20 lbs to be the minimum for "heavy lifting"... even 50 lbs I'd consider to be a moderate weight.

Do you know how much of a sissy you look like? I have encountered a few guys that do this lately & it is a really bad look. I mean is it really that awful if you have to sweat a little? Im only 170 & i don't have any difficulty at all. Have you guys encountered this shit?

You probably should avoid the roids just before posting.

I assumed this was a joke thread, but it appears there are seriously guys that don't lift heavy things outside of the gym. You'll pay a monthly membership to someone else to lift heavy things, but you won't lift your own heavy stuff for free?

Thought this was about lifting at the gym and didn't realize it was a thread about TS complaining about lifting objects at work

TS sounds poor

It's not ridiculous when you take into account that's probably all TS has at this point and what he bases his self worth on.

Wait... That is just a little embarrassing.

TS, it's great that you can lift. It's the be all end all for just about anyone playing football in High School. But creating a fantasy world where that matters in real life and even worse, a thread on an MMA forum about it and calling out people who can't to support that delusion reeks of insecurity and self-loathing.

I bet you can bench dat 275, doe. So, congrats...

lol

When TS isn't tackling weaklings on the field, he's out there tackling society's real problems.

Do you know how much of a sissy you look like? I have encountered a few guys that do this lately & it is a really bad look. I mean is it really that awful if you have to sweat a little? Im only 170 & i don't have any difficulty at all. Have you guys encountered this shit?
Maybe their goals aren't the same as yours. Quit worrying about other people and just do your work.

What an odd thread. Sounds like someone left the TS hanging when he needed help moving a couch up some stairs.

I spent most of my youth/young adult life working in a fabrication shop. We had cranes and forklifts but I usually said screw that and lifted everything. Now, at 35, I wake up and feel like I was hit by a truck.

I do not go out of my way to lift heavy stuff

I am also in the camp of not lifting heavy things outside gym. The problem is lifting heavy things at weird angles and not being able to always see ur path. I hate lifting something with a friend and the weight of the item is never distributed properly.

I will help a friend move but never do any heavy lifting. They can hire movers for that. I'm not gonna risk permanent injury so someone can save a couple hundred bucks.

I assumed this was a joke thread, but it appears there are seriously guys that don't lift heavy things outside of the gym. You'll pay a monthly membership to someone else to lift heavy things, but you won't lift your own heavy stuff for free?

At the gym it's easy to control the weight since it's designed to be distributed and used a specific way. So as long as u use good form and don't go heavier than your capabilities there's no real risk involved. Carrying a heavy desk or box or whatever that's not designed with handles like gym weight is where you can easily tweak something. At least that's how I rationalize it.

ITT: Fat, lazy, pussy-ass whiny bitches.

Speaking as someone that can lift really heavy things, I generally try and avoid doing it in my day to day life (unless it's in the gym).

Why on earth would I want to lift things unnecessarily?

this ... im the go to idiot on the street when neighbors need shit moved ... i don't mind helping out, but if i can avoid it, i will like the plague ..

20lbs is heavy for TS?

I thought this was a thread about heavy lifting.

Now I don't know what to think.

lol you guys wear belts when you deadlift too? da fuq is this shit

You ever try pulling 600+lbs pounds without a belt?

I proudly rock my Inzer on pretty much every pulling exercise. I'm getting old now man, I'm worried about my lower back giving out.

Which, going back to the thread topic for a moment, it is way easier to get injured lifting awkwardly shaped things up/down a flight of stairs than it is to get hurt in the gym.

Back