grown ass men that avoid heavy lifting (not talking about weights)

As a competitive strength athlete, I'm all for getting people into lifting, but I can understand why someone would want to avoid manual labor jobs like landscaping and construction where you are moving heavy shit all day.

Good thing you have all those muscles if you can't even lift a damn microwave

my friend said the same thing and he had a hard time and couldnt even do it (hes much bigger than me too)!

I seriously avoid heavy lifting. I've fucked my back up twice helping friends move shit.

yeah if i have help lifting an item and its from point a to b in a straight line i have no problems doing that. but when it comes to stuff like helping someone move and you have to go down stairs or put things at weird angles to get through doors i dont like. just pay someone to do it.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I never lift at all except for when it's helping friends or family move. It's fun, it's good bonding, often comes with laughs and everyone shares a meal after. And getting things through doors or upstairs is like a puzzle game to me. Unless it's a small elephant, it's more mental than physical. I've never hurt myself or even been sore after helping someone move.

Going to the gym to lift is always boring and time consuming. I end up sore and my muscles feel bloated.

Diffrn't strokes, I reckon.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I never lift at all except for when it's helping friends or family move. It's fun, it's good bonding, often comes with laughs and everyone shares a meal after. And getting things through doors or upstairs is like a puzzle game to me. Unless it's a small elephant, it's more mental than physical. I've never hurt myself or even been sore after helping someone move.

Going to the gym to lift is always boring and time consuming. I end up sore and my muscles feel bloated.

Diffrn't strokes, I reckon.

That pretty much sums it up - I think the key take away is that a person should incorporate some form of lifting in their day to day life.

Whether this happens in the structure and routine of a gym or in your day to day activties, both *can* be great for improving your quality of life.

*Although taking it to excess can easily be counterproductive.

Have you guys encountered this shit?

Work in a library so yeah I've seen it. ....Don't really care tho.

If I did a manual labor job, and there were guys crying about it I could see your point.

Outside of work....eh I dunno if it's gotta be done ok do it, not gonna farmers walk around the block carrying couches just for shits and giggles tho. Personally don't have any dainty friends who avoid physical activity.

I just had to move a ton of heavy shit. There were 3 of us loosely rotating on the large, heavy furniture. Any time i was the odd man out i felt like a bitch automatically.

I'm lazy as hell, but when it comes time to pull my weight, i take it very seriously.

we-all-know-that-guy.jpg

an example of a man that wouldn't move 20 lbs

I lift weights for fun, so my job, although it is quite physical(warehouse)doesn't feel that heavy to me.

Speaking as someone that can lift really heavy things, I generally try and avoid doing it in my day to day life (unless it's in the gym).

Why on earth would I want to lift things unnecessarily?

i can't speak for others, but i lift because i like feeling strong. it's like running, or even bicycling, which i also do. you feel a lot better when you're in shape. and needless to say, it's good for your health. and whether it's vain or not, you look way better. and others notice. who doesn't want to look attractive? it's a common feeling that everyone likes.

As a competitive strength athlete, I'm all for getting people into lifting, but I can understand why someone would want to avoid manual labor jobs like landscaping and construction where you are moving heavy shit all day.

i'll tell you, one occupation that i respect immensely, is painting. not the canvas-kind, but the construction kind. that is such arm and back-breaking work. i remember painting my living room and kitchen, and it fucking sucked. i told myself that i'd hire someone else if i ever wanted something painted again.

I just had to move a ton of heavy shit. There were 3 of us loosely rotating on the large, heavy furniture. Any time i was the odd man out i felt like a bitch automatically.

I'm lazy as hell, but when it comes time to pull my weight, i take it very seriously.

This is the kind of attitude everyone should have. However many guys out there are the exact opposite.

i'll tell you, one occupation that i respect immensely, is painting. not the canvas-kind, but the construction kind. that is such arm and back-breaking work. i remember painting my living room and kitchen, and it fucking sucked. i told myself that i'd hire someone else if i ever wanted something painted again.

Same here. I'll do landscaping all day over a few hours of painting.

TS has obviously never been in the military.

"hey someone needs to move these footlocker full of bullshit. we're rearranging the shop again"

*everyone scatters to the wind or has to take a half our shit or suddenly has become a smoker8

If god had meant for us to move things, he wouldn't have invented inertia.

Typically, the biggest guys, are the ones who always skate out of the heavy lifting and moving. I make it a point to call them out and ridicule them.

I lift heavy but I don't judge those who don't. I like to powerlift. Some people just enjoy lifting to be in decent shape. Dont be that guy "bro".

I will gladly help anymove heavy things, its free exersize, people pay money to do that shit

Back