grown ass men that avoid heavy lifting (not talking about weights)

I dont know exactly what you mean TS, your post is extremely ambiguous as it could be interpreted in 100 different ways... but basically if you lift heavy then great for you, what the hell do you care what others do???

I know what you mean TS. I laugh my ass off at the pansies that avoid hard work, drag their asses, and just generally act like physical exertion is hell. I like to get in there and kick what ever the "hard work" is right in the ass like a fucking boss just to show the bitches how fucking easy it is when you just drop your purse and put out a little.

i'll tell you, one occupation that i respect immensely, is painting. not the canvas-kind, but the construction kind. that is such arm and back-breaking work. i remember painting my living room and kitchen, and it fucking sucked. i told myself that i'd hire someone else if i ever wanted something painted again.

Painting is a nightmare for me. Lower back pain sets in almost immediately. I've had some really physical jobs. Used to work with a mason, mostly busting up patios/sidewalks and lugging the debris to dumpsters - usually without wheelbarrels. I could do that all day, but make me paint for 5-10 minutes and I'm in agony.

2 hernia surgeries ( deadlifting at gym (my own fault) 2nd time holding my son ... i dont lift shit anymore... 6 inches of intestine blown out into my scrotum and 2 in of mesh implanted says i can watch and give orders :)

2 hernia surgeries ( deadlifting at gym (my own fault) 2nd time holding my son ... i dont lift shit anymore... 6 inches of intestine blown out into my scrotum and 2 in of mesh implanted says i can watch and give orders :)

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry to hear that. yowzer. What a description.

I always offer to help lift things probably out of pride. I'll decline help sometimes too, also out of pride. Stupid pride will break my back one day.

This is why its better to lift things in an unnatural motion which is why you see Crossfitters lifting on a stability ball.

Powerlifters may be stronger than Crossfitters in powerlifting,
but Crossfitters are stronger in daily everyday tasks where something is not easily designed for us

giphy.gif

This is why its better to lift things in an unnatural motion which is why you see Crossfitters lifting on a stability ball.

but Crossfitters are stronger in daily everyday tasks where something is not easily designed for us

787.gif

I have had back issues so I don't go around hefting boulders for fun, but I have yet to be able to get out of helping someone lift something they think I look strong enough to lift.

I hope this is the dumbest thing that I read all day.

facepalm.jpg

I hope this is the dumbest thing that I read all day.

I think Crossfit in general is absurd, but this thread is a bunch of powerlifters saying that lifting a desk up a flight of stairs is too dangerous. If you can't safely lift a desk up a flight of stairs and someone else can, maybe they have the better exercise strategy.

I think Crossfit in general is absurd, but this thread is a bunch of powerlifters saying that lifting a desk up a flight of stairs is too dangerous. If you can't safely lift a desk up a flight of stairs and someone else can, maybe they have the better exercise strategy.

I haven't read all of the thread, but I'll say that I'm moving shit all of the time. My parents are 70 and I'm the only young person around that they know. The owner of our company is 68 and all of his kids have moved away. I'm the guy everyone calls to move shit now, and I'm always the one moving banker boxes full of files at the office. I don't mind at all. With that said, I sit at an office most of the day and have no desire to work in a blue collar industry.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of strength athletes that don't want to lift shit unless they have an important competition coming up.

Picking up heavy items just seams to be part of my life.
I manage a laboratory and equipment needs to be moved around. Vacuum pumps weigh 60 pounds and up. Do I put in a work order to have the riggers come by? Nope. that would take time and garner charge backs for my department. I move my equipment myself.
At home I'm in to container gardening. The larger pots can weigh 200- 300 lbs. I Herc those around the deck myself.
Then again I'm a maniac. I will occasionally pick up heavy and awkward items just to see if I can. I'll add that I am nearly 50, 5'6" and 160 lbs. Not your average strongman by any means.

Back