grown ass men that avoid heavy lifting (not talking about weights)

I think Crossfit in general is absurd, but this thread is a bunch of powerlifters saying that lifting a desk up a flight of stairs is too dangerous. If you can't safely lift a desk up a flight of stairs and someone else can, maybe they have the better exercise strategy.

Ummmmm, I haven't seen any powerlifters say this ITT.

These grown men who don't lift, do they make more than you? Sounds like the pompous baby gorilla chest beating of some ogrish blue collar self felating poor person.

Speaking as a grown ass man who used to have a 185kg DL clean, but doesn't lift heavy anymore because of genetic hypertension but now tries to run and do bodyweight exercises, no, they don't look ridiculous to me. But TS, you sound like a dick.

Seems really unhealthy and unnecessary. If it makes you feel like more of a man, then I say go for it.

Seems really unhealthy and unnecessary. If it makes you feel like more of a man, then I say go for it.

Are you talking about Lifting weights?

if your talking about manual labor, Lifting a 50 lb object & walking it 10 feet to set it down is hardly unhealthy.

Last edited:
These grown men who don't lift, do they make more than you? Sounds like the pompous baby gorilla chest beating of some ogrish blue collar self felating poor person.

nope. Some of the new guys at work do it & they make quite a bit less than me.

I haven't read all of the thread, but I'll say that I'm moving shit all of the time. My parents are 70 and I'm the only young person around that they know. The owner of our company is 68 and all of his kids have moved away. I'm the guy everyone calls to move shit now, and I'm always the one moving banker boxes full of files at the office. I don't mind at all. With that said, I sit at an office most of the day and have no desire to work in a blue collar industry.

I'm not sure I understand the logic of strength athletes that don't want to lift shit unless they have an important competition coming up.

I'm in a very similar situation. Parents are old, and I work entirely with women. I'm not a big dude, but since I'm young and mainly healthy, all lifting falls to me. As you said, I don't mind (and, to be honest, I often enjoy being useful in that way), but I've also learned that I could never be in any of those manlier fields.

Ummmmm, I haven't seen any powerlifters say this ITT.

That's what Queen B was responding to about his post about Crossfit being superior. He was prompted to say it because someone said that lifting heavy stuff outside the gym is often unsafe and not worth the trouble.

That's what Queen B was responding to about his post about Crossfit being superior. He was prompted to say it because someone said that lifting heavy stuff outside the gym is often unsafe and not worth the trouble.

Queen B's logic is completely moronic. The poster said lifting something like a desk can put you in unnatural positions and unnatural motions which carry a risk of injury. The solution is to mimic these unsafe positions and motions? Sounds like a great plan.

i'll tell you, one occupation that i respect immensely, is painting.

See, I'm going with bricklayers, they're building some shopping center across from work and these dudes spend 6-8hrs a day tossing(TOSSING)cinder blocks up about 10-12ft to other guys who catch them(more often than not w one hand)
Been watching them for last 2weeks and seriously impressed(should buy'em some beer when the projects completed)

I love lifting things but i dont do other people work without humiliating them first or i just wont lift something if the other person just wants to watch me unless its a woman. I love lifting random heavy things and helping others but i will turn my back on another man being a bitch.

you can lift all the weights in the world .. it wont make you smarter or be able to take a punch any better... also chicks like money over looks :0 every single girl ive ever dated or known hates big juicehead guys anyways .. they like the slim mens fitness types or Gq etc...

I'm not meant to lift anything too heavy because i've got a replacement shoulder, but I always had to unload pallets of heavy catalogues at my last job, mainly because it was only girls in my office and most of those wouldn't do it.

I should have really made an issue out of it with HR like most people would, but I just couldn't be bothered.

See, I'm going with bricklayers, they're building some shopping center across from work and these dudes spend 6-8hrs a day tossing(TOSSING)cinder blocks up about 10-12ft to other guys who catch them(more often than not w one hand)
Been watching them for last 2weeks and seriously impressed(should buy'em some beer when the projects completed)

good call. i'm sure those guys put in some serious work.

you can lift all the weights in the world .. it wont make you smarter or be able to take a punch any better... also chicks like money over looks :0 every single girl ive ever dated or known hates big juicehead guys anyways .. they like the slim mens fitness types or Gq etc...

Some of us lift/get stronger because we enjoy it and it makes us happy. Not all of us are in it for vanity or women reasons.

You ever see a lion lift heavy things? No, didn't think so.

JZqsu.gif

Very well put.

Where I work there isn't a lot of heavy lifting to do but when there is, I tell the older gentleman not to do it and holler at the younger guy to get his ass over there and pick it up. He hates it because he's skinny and weak but his back is young and needs the work imo.

Back