Grip and BW stuff for Wrestling

OKAY!!!! SCHOOL IS OVER NOW!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

I had my last exam today at 8am. I pulled an all-nighter last night, so I am on no sleep. Gotta go get my sleepy time. Today is the first day of a new life. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ!

EDIT: Woa! Carnal is back! And he has brought the anger of a yeti with him ... :D

Today is the first day of a new life

Yeah, totally. After years of being in school, there is a comfort that comes with that. Now its like oh, shit what do I do now? I wake up the next day and no more school, ???? Funny how there lies the habit with the comfort, Change is always good..hmmm, sometimes.:))..

Overall, a great sense of accomplishment within yourself that no noe can take away !!!!..

Great work man...you earned it :))))

Duncon76 said:
Today is the first day of a new life

Yeah, totally. After years of being in school, there is a comfort that comes with that. Now its like oh, shit what do I do now? I wake up the next day and no more school, ???? Funny how there lies the habit with the comfort, Change is always good..hmmm, sometimes.:))..

Overall, a great sense of accomplishment within yourself that no noe can take away !!!!..

Great work man...you earned it :))))

Heyyyyy, bro, thanks! I am so glad school is out.

OK, saturday was the first day back since Tuesday (because of evil exams).

Saturday:

I did 30 seconds normal pace/30 seconds as-fast-as-I-can-go pace on the stationary bike (level 10), no rest in between, for only 10 minutes, just to get the blood flowin'. I wasn't gassed at all, really, but I had a big practice for the next day, so I didn't want me legs to be too pooped. Then I jogged for 15 minutes on the treadmill at 6.0 speed. Very light cardio day over-all.

Then I did Rolling Thunder singles and am back up to 120 lbs on my right hand!!!! 125 was the most I ever got before I hurt my thumb.

Lord's Day:

(weight = 152lbs)

Dang, my wrestling takedown class was cancelled. I was all pumped up for it, too. Anyway, I went to the gym afterwards and did:

4 sets of my Super-Duper-Ific-Bibidi-Bob-Ito-Tastic Complexes: (1 minute rest in between sets)

Handstand pushups (10,7,6,6) I could've done more on the first set, but I'm still progressing over-all :D
Bentover Rows (155lbs) 3 sets of 8 (barely made these)
Situps (sets of 30)
Pushups (sets of 25)
Towel pullups (10,8,6,6)
Front/Side Neck Bridges (30 second intervals)

Rolling Thunder singles (light day, only went up to 110lbs)

I should've done 5 sets instead of 4 on the complexes, and I shouldn't have rested between sets. Enough said.

Monday:

Rolling Thunder singles (only up to 110) (I'm trying not to go full blast each and every day, just for recovery reasons)

8 sets of back/side neck bridges

5 sets of Pinch Grip w/ 2 25lb plates

15 minutes on treadmill at 8.0 speed

sehr gut.

Wednesday:

Rolling Thunder singles - I got 115lbs with my left hand!!! New PR!!! ... it is starting to catch up with my right!

Pinch Grip - My pinch grip was going great today. I hit a new PR for pinch grip, too!!! I did something like 10 sets with 2 25lb weights for each hand ... and it was just too easy ... so I was like, what the heck, I'll try and see how a 35lb plate and a 25lb plate feels ... I mean, I was not expecting to get it at all, but on my second attempt on each hand I was able to hold onto them for 6 seconds!!!! 10lb PR for pinch grip on both hands!!!!!!!!!!

Front and side neck bridges - woogie.

30 minutes on ze bike, normal pace the whole time. I took it easy today 'cause wrestling practice is tomorrow.

15 minutes on the treadmill at 6.0 speed. Very light cardio day, overall.

Today was encouraging. Looks like training my hands every day is starting to pay off. :)

Thursday:

Wrestling practice with the UTD team and top hs dudes from 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Practice went pretty well. For the first time during a live go, I actually pulled off one of those takedowns where you fling the persons legs up like up to eye level and slam them down (like Couture did to Lidell in their first fight). Felt good! haha Then we did some sprints, pushups and situps.

Then I just did a few sets with 90lbs on the Rolling Thunder.

Monday:

3 sets of my Super-Duper-Ific-Bibidi-Bob-Ito-Tastic Complexes: (1 minute rest in between sets)

Handstand pushups (10,6,5) didn't feel as strong today
Bentover Rows (155lbs) 3 sets of 8 (these felt better/easier than last time)
Situps (sets of 30)
Pushups (sets of 25)
Pullups (10,9,6) pullups felt good today

Rolling Thunder singles (heavy day) (went up to 120lbs)

Was really tired today .... I helped my cousin in Whichita Falls move for like 3 1/2 hours today and didn't get much sleep last night. Actually, though, I got 120lbs with my right hand again today on the Rolling Thunder, but this time, it felt a lot stronger and better than last. woowoo :D

Tuesday:

BJJ practice from 7:00 to 8:45. Only 3 other people showed up, so that was pretty cool to get more personal attention. We worked on armbars and triangle chokes and guard passing techniques. We did some pushups and body weight squats and a lil' running, but nothing much. I submitted some more people ... and yes, with keylocks. I almost got someone in a triangle choke, though. woo.

Rolling Thunder timed sets with 90lbs (light day).

I don't know if I'll have wrestling practice on Thursday ... hopefully we will. :D

Thursday:

Wow. My mom and I got into a 4 car pile up on HWY 183. It wasn't our fault, though. Some twang slammed into a Chevy at 70 mph and the Chevy hit us and then we flew foward and hit another car in front of us. No one was hurt, though ... so praise the Lord Jesus Christ for His grace and mercy!!!!!

Rolling Thunder singles - I got up to 125lbs with my right hand!!!! New PR!!! This is a post-injury PR that ties my pre-injury PR! I'm back up to par!!! I almost got 120lbs with my left hand ... almost. About 15 sets each hand. (I kept on after my neck bridges and sit-ups)

(superset w/)

Front and side neck bridges (6 sets)

(superset w/)

30 situp sets (6 sets with nothing holding my feet)

Then, after the 3 exercise rotation, I did:

1 mile on the treadmill at 8.5 speed.

Then, right after, I did bodyweight lunges (to one side of gym and back), then I did shots (wrestling - to one side of gym and back), then I did 50 bodyweight squats going below parallel, as fast as I could. I did this rotation 3 times without stopping ... and my legs were as sore as a goat afterwards.

Good workout.

Duncon76 said:
Thank god your alright. Scary stuff..:)
Thanks, bro.

Friday:

I did some Rolling Thunder work and about 45 minutes on the treadmill. My legs were sooooo sore from all of those lunges and bodyweight squats ...

shoot, I did a lot of SLD last thursday and Friday tried to do Sprints on the Tread, I thought I was going to land on my ass on every step. Amzing how much Hams are involved in sprints..

Duncon76 said:
shoot, I did a lot of SLD last thursday and Friday tried to do Sprints on the Tread, I thought I was going to land on my ass on every step. Amzing how much Hams are involved in sprints..
Ha! I almost fell on a treadmill once after doing squats and lunges ... quite a humbling experience. :D

Monday:

Today, I should have gone to wrestling practice, but I did not, as I basically weenied out. I was not ready to go back 'cause of all of the over-eating I have done, so I just went to the gym and did:

3 sets of my Super-Duper-Ific-Bibidi-Bob-Ito-Tastic Complexes: (30 seconds rest in between sets)

Handstand pushups (12,6-7,4-5) New PR on first set! 12 hs pushups! woo
Bentover Rows (165lbs) (8, 7, 6) went up from 155 to 165
Situps (sets of 30)
Pushups (sets of 25)
Pullups (10,8,6)

Rolling Thunder singles (heavy day) (went up to 130lbs)

I ALMOST got 130lbs with my right hand. I straightened my back all the way out, but as soon as I did, I couldn't hold on to it any more, and it would not have been an official lift if it were like in a comp. or something .... I am ALMOST at 130lbs. Anyway, I did hit a new PR with my left hand, getting 120lbs pretty easily.

I worked out hard, 'cause I was mad I didn't have the guts to go to wrestling ... I mean, I went haaarrrrd, and I barely let myself have any rest in between sets at all. 3 sets was enough for me today. I felt like I was going to throw up 'cause of the extra-fast pace and intensity I was going at. I really need to be able to work up to 5 sets rather than 3 ....

Hey man, clean out your PM box. It's full and would not accept anything from me.

rickdog said:
Hey man, clean out your PM box. It's full and would not accept anything from me.

Yeah, I cleaned it out a bit yesterday. sorry. :D

Duncon76 said:
Nice work on the HSPU's :))
Thank you, Sir Duncon!

Tuesday:

BJJ practice. Only 2 other people showed up, but it was a good session. I got schooled by a higher belt like 3 or 4 times, not to mention the instructor as well. Meh, I'm definitely learning from my mistakes.

Then I did:

Timed holds with thickbar dumbbell (2.5 inch thick) w/ 90lbs.

Back and side neck bridges.

Wednesday:

I had wrestling practice from 6:30 - 8:00 (we usually have it Thursdays, but there was a scheduling conflict, so we had it today), and it went very well. I felt really good and my conditioning is getting back up to where it should be. We worked on standard drills, then I got to learn some new reversals and throws.

After practice, I did:

3 sets of Rolling Thunder timed holds w/ 90lbs (light day).

3 sets of front and side neck bridges.

We usually have wrestling practice with the UTD team at Star Jiu-Jitsu (where I also train BJJ), but now they have moved the Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday practices to Lamar High School in Arlington, which is right near my school, so I'm pretty happy about that. Star JJ is all the way in Carrollton, which is 20-25 minutes from my house ... and an hour away from my school. I'll still be training my BJJ, though! :D

NOTE: I am also going to start posting my weight for each post in here to see how I am progressing in losing fat.

Thursday:

146lb bodyweight

I did a bunch of Rolling Thunder sets (heavy day) and got 2 PRs!!! I got 130lbs with my right hand and 125lbs with my left! That's 4 PR's in ONE week! What the heck?!

I also did:

Pinch grip: 5 sets with 2 25lb plates (50lbs), and 2 sets with a 25lb plate and a 35lb plate (60lbs). Pinch grip felt VERY good today.

Back and side neck bridges.

My diligence is paying off, like a dog ... or a stone, err rock ... wait ... uh ... you know what I mean ....

Back