Golovkin vs Hopkins at Golovkinweight.

How many times is this guy going to repeat himself? Lol.

Just came in to stir the pot (Hi slim)

Remember when Mosley turned up at the wildcard and said he would fight manny at a catch weight and roach said no because he was too big?

It's not about canelo bowing down to ggg it's about canelo being a diva and looking like a puss when he does not have a weight advantage.

Also no one here is against the fight if it were to be a cw at 158 not 155 canelo fought floyd at 152 not at 149. Canelo even weighs more than ggg by a few pounds on fight night most of the time that's why there is really no need for a cw.

You can keep repeating how canelo is the bigger name and all of that but when people are all calling him out in public. And he keeps getting questions about ducking ggg if the fight does not happen and every interview he does turns into why drop the belt instead of fight at 160. Then when they bring up how his rep is all about him taking the toughest fights when he has 20 pounds on the guy come fight night but then it's different when he is not the bigger guy. He won't take it as well as floyd

You can't put all the blame on ggg for not taking the fight at 155 when canelo refuses to fight above 155.

Also it seems you have a set pattern when it comes to fighters you don't like.

You like to always try and make it out like they need to bow down to the bigger name and if they don't then it's all the b sides fault with no blame at all to the a side. But then when it's an a side fighter that you don't like doing the same thing your just all mehhhhh.

Why is that ?

imo Golovkin will cut the weight and steal Canelo fans by saying Alvarez was not man enough to meet at Full MW weight and quite frankly i side with GGG

OK, can you guys get past the "They are in the same weight class!" nonsense? We are all aware that they are both middleweights. This is no revelation. Every one of you guy had said that same dumb shit over and over.

That right there is the whole problem with your garbage perspective in this idiotic thread. You think the fact that these two guys are in the same weight class doesn't make any difference. You are being ridiculously dense on purpose.

Demanding a catchweight within a single weightclass when you are the naturally bigger guy is "nonsense".

Comparing that to a catchweight between a 160 pound fighter and a 175 pound fighter is "dumb shit".

Hahaha Pactards going apeshit, circling the wagons for their new dream lover.
Triple Duck's spot in the IBHOF is a lock now.

There's nothng wrong with asking the bigger guy to come down a few pounds, right ironfist?
Golovkin and Canelo both weight 165 lbs. None of them is bigger than the other.

Seano, I feel for you. At first I thought you were on the booze when you made the thread but after a couple of pages I realized it's just the same old sean...

When everyone has a different opinion than yours, do you ever stop and think it might be you and not everyone else?
Just curious.

Rofl at this hypocrisy shit show. Like clockwork.

Golovkin vs Hopkins will be more competitive than Glolovkin vs Canelo.
This is the worst post Ive ever read in my entire life.

I'm obviously a huge Canelo fan but I don't know what Seano is doing here.

There's a clear difference between these situations, as everyone has pointed out. It's not the same thing.

It's very strange how passionate someone can be about a fighter wanting to take a catchweight. Its like he'd prefer it if Canelo stuck with 155.

This is just a GGG driven agenda.

So were Pac and Cotto when they fought. Cotto was willing to sweat down to get the big fight though and hardly anyone cared. Floyd and Canelo both had fought at 154 and that was a catchweight fight and it shattered records pre Pac/Floyd. It goes on and on.

Canelo's request for a catch weight is far from an unheard of occurrence. You guys act like its this weird thing that Canelo just came up with to avoid the fight.

Canelo is a superstar. Golovkin is not. Its on him if he turns down a catch weight superfight and then makes a catch weight superfight.
Pac went up in weight from JWW to fight Cotto, so I'm fine with it. Canelo suggested it against Floyd, so I have no issue with that, especially since Floyd had last fought at 147.

it's not particularly heard of in a championship fight between two guys in the same division. Again, I'm not calling Canelo a duck, it's just shitty.

I already posted 2 examples of that ridiculousness that were huge fights.

yeah, golovkin/canelo will be a huge fight, catchweight or none. Nobodies saying otherwise. You're just throwing a red herring into here. The magnitude of the fight has nothing to do with the shitiness of the catchweight.

Last edited:
Rofl at this hypocrisy shit show. Like clockwork.
Dont give us that. There's a clear difference between these two situations. IDK about the others and their views, but I'm being completely consistent: catchweight in hte same division is lame, and catchweight between two divisions is fine.

Hahaha Pactards going apeshit, circling the wagons for their new dream lover.
Triple Duck's spot in the IBHOF is a lock now.
You contribute nothing to this thread or forum in general. if you had anything meaningful or relevant to say, you would have already.

Dont give us that. There's a clear difference between these two situations. IDK about the others and their views, but I'm being completely consistent: catchweight in hte same division is lame, and catchweight between two divisions is fine.
Hopkins is an absolute dog shit fight. Its terrible and laughably so.

You contribute nothing to this thread or forum in general. if you had anything meaningful or relevant to say, you would have already.
Well, thats entirely wrong but ok.

Hopkins is an absolute dog shit fight. Its terrible and laughably so.
The question wasn't about the fight itself, but the catchweight. I think B-Hops should retire and hope that this fight isn't happening. But we're talking about the catchweight, not the fight itself.

Well, thats entirely wrong but ok.
you're right, he makes nice threads about more minor fights. But otherwise, he rarely posts anything meaningful, just kinda trollish stuff to piss people off.

The question wasn't about the fight itself, but the catchweight. I think B-Hops should retire and hope that this fight isn't happening. But we're talking about the catchweight, not the fight itself.
I didnt realize I wasnt allowed to have an opinion on the fight. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

This is dog shit and people should be jumping down Golovkins throats the same way they do other fighters for dog shit fights. Regardless of the catchweight nonsense.

Back