Golovkin vs Hopkins at Golovkinweight.

I didnt realize I wasnt allowed to have an opinion on the fight. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

This is dog shit and people should be jumping down Golovkins throats the same way they do other fighters for dog shit fights.
I never said you weren't allowed an opinion, relax, you know I respect your opinion PUO. It IS a dogshit fight. But what we're talking about here is hte "hypocrisy" of a catchweight when there is none; not about the quality of the fight itself. If this thread had been "Golovkin negotiates fight with Hopkins" we'd all be giving shit to Golovkin. BUt the title of the thread was focused on the potential catchweight (which won't be necessary cause I know Canelo is gonna fight GGG; dude has big balls), so the subject is the catchweight.

this is a spite thread from Seano that backfired on Seano, relax.

While we're at it, I'm a Canelo fan and don't think he's ducking or anything. Dude's a killer. I'm just kinda annoyed with the catchweight.

Yeah the fight is dog shit and I'll be critical of GGG if he fights the old man, but none of this changes what Canelo is doing.

Yeah the fight is dog shit and I'll be critical of GGG if he fights the old man, but none of this changes what Canelo is doing.
I suppose Im just taken back the immediate response isnt how god awful of a fight that is.

Golovkin said no catchweights. It "disrespects boxing."

They say they will fight Hopkins if the Canelo fight falls through. The snag with Canelo seems to be the catch weight. So they'll turn down Canelo at a catchweight to fight Hopkins at a catch weight. *shrug*

I knew you'd have no response BTW.

Well, the fight with Canelo would be for supremacy @ the weightclass, wheras a fight with Hopkins would be a "SuperFight" and not actually for the title, such that the legitimacy of the belt is not tainted by that stipulation.

It also shouldn't come as a surprize to anyone that Seano is pretending not to understand the differences in each scenario. It's kind of his schtick after all.

There's no difference. You're ok with Golovkin looking for an advantage but not someone looking for an advantage vs Golovkin.
theres no difference between fighters in the same weight class fighting at a catchweight against each other, as opposed to fighters in different weight classes fighting at a catchweight against each other? ok...

I suppose Im just taken back the immediate response isnt how god awful of a fight that is.
again, we all think it sucks. The reason you're not hearing about that is because that's not the topic that Seano wanted to discuss.

Yeah, Seano framed this scenario with an agenda in mind, which is why the topic has unfolded like it has.

I think if it was just GGG v BHOP- Opinions? Then he'd be getting a lot of shit and deservedly so.

Yeah, Seano framed this scenario with an agenda in mind, which is why the topic has unfolded like it has.

I think if it was just GGG v BHOP- Opinions? Then he'd be getting a lot of shit and deservedly so.
absolutely, GGG-Hopkins would have been fine a couple of years ago, but it's a shit fight now. I'd rather GGG fight DeGale or Abraham at SMW if he wants to go up. Jacobs at MW would be ideal as an alternative to Canelo.

Pretty ridiculous asking a 51 year old fighter for a catch weight. I like how GGG only accepts and looks for catch weights (Floyd, Hopkins) when it either benefits him or know it's not gonna happen anyway. When he is a hella B side vs Canelo he again uses that as an excuse to not make the fight. Dude is in his early 30's and sure looks hard for ways out of big fights for a fighter who has never had a single big fight in his entire career.

again, we all think it sucks. The reason you're not hearing about that is because that's not the topic that Seano wanted to discuss.

How about this topic, youre looking for an advantage against a 51 year old fighter.

That is fucking embarrassing being belief.

51 years old! Think about that.

How about this topic, youre looking for an advantage against a 51 year old fighter.

Fine, start a new thread about it. It's a shit fight, we've said that multiple times. Seano made this thread specifically with the goal of spiting Golovkin fans. It backfired. Relax.

Fine, start a new thread about it. It's a shit fight, we've said that multiple times. Seano made this thread specifically with the goal of spiting Golovkin fans. It backfired. Relax.
Or we can just continue discussing the topic here in the thread about said topic. Im relaxed on this fine Wednesday I assure you.

It didnt really back fire. Some people agree with him, some people disagree with him.

So you want him to go straight to LHW? Just curious.

Personally i think the Hop fight sucks, but lets not forget that fight only gets made if BJS DUCKS or Canelo DUCKS.

I'm sure if GGG was the A side he would also be doing everything he can to gain a competitive edge against Canelo, and if he didn't he would be foolish not to.

He's just not in that position and is trying to get the public to throw some shame on Canelo to make him back off of the CW.

GGG needs this fight for his career or he will always be one of those what could have been fighters. Dude is getting up there in age and is probably already on the downside of his physical prime.

Golovkin needs to suck it up and fight.

If he really doesn't take this fight and signs to fight hopkins at 51 years of age, that would be way more embarrassing than asking for a CW in the same weight class.

Or we can just continue discussing the topic here in the thread about said topic. Im relaxed on this fine Wednesday I assure you.

It didnt really back fire. Some people agree with him, some people disagree with him.
Fine, but we aren't going to make progress. I don't even see where we disagree. I think it's a shit fight. You think it's a shit fight. I'm fine with cross-divisional catchweights. You're fine with cross-divisional catchweights. I dont' think Canelo is a duck. You don't think Canelo is a duck. We both expressed distaste for the catchweight because GGG and Canelo are in the same division, but neither of us think it's that big of a deal. We're both fans of GGG and Canelo. I really don't get what the problem is.

seano made this thread to "expose" GGG's fans as hypocrites because he pretends that our issue is with catchweights in general, even though it's pretty much universally accepted that cross divisional catchweights are fine. That's why it's backfired on him. Because the "inconsistency" is based around him pretending that there's no difference between cross divisional and intradivisional catchweights.

glad to hear your wednesday is going so well.

So you want him to go straight to LHW? Just curious.

Personally i think the Hop fight sucks, but lets not forget that fight only gets made if BJS DUCKS or Canelo DUCKS.
Canelo ain't no duck, he's just playing hardball.

Back