Media (gif) JDS throwing an overhand from 10 miles out against Ngannou

Only person I've ever seen scared shitless like jds was would probably be bader vs rumble lol. He shot a double leg from way on the outside lol.

Bader-shoots-on-Rumble.gif

People here are SLEEPING on Ngannou's leg kicks in that fight.
Please everybody, rewatch the whole fight and pay attention at all the leg kick that Ngannou landed to JDS.
Those were BRUTAL leg kicks with his ENORMOUS FEET and unbeliveble Francis power.
He landed 4 VICIOUS legs kicks in less than 1mn30 That for sure fuckup the balance/footwork of JDS ,and that's why he panick and landed that sloppy overhand.

Please rewatch the fight and pay attention

Fair enough, aside from the fact he really hasn't shown grappling and subs that I can recall but whatever.

You're not entirely wrong about the sport advancing, it is, there are far more complete MMAist now and soon we will see the true "evolution" when the kids who grew up training MMA as it's own martial art from a young age start coming into the sport but that time hasn't come yet.

The one division that has actually shown a devolution though is HW, hence the top 10 still being filled with guys from this "shallow talent pool" of yester year.

There have been many like Francis ( though he may be the most powerful yet) but the guy who wrote the MMA blueprint (Fedor) and the 2 undeniable top guys also competing at the time (Nog/ Crocop) where far more skilled than Francis and Crocop would have battered him standing, Nog would have subbed him after getting rocked and Fedor would have done whatever the fuck he wanted.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Francis but he is a product of his environment and showed up at the perfect time but don't forget, it's only been a little over a year since he got dominated by a complete MMAist in his prime and a guy who goes against everything you claim about the current era (Lewis).

Comparing Hughes vs a Gracie who competed in UFC 1 and was the very definition of a 1 trick pony to Francis and JDS of 10 years ago is absolutely absurd dude and I'm pretty sure you know that.

It is always nice to be able to have a civil difference of opinion around here though so cheers to that my friend, I appreciate it but obviously cannot agree with your argument here, haha, sorry.
Luke Thoms was creaming over his sub skills in the Hamilton fight where he nailed a kimura. He also had three other submission finishes prior to this in a guillotine in the Luc Ngeleka fight, an arm triangle choke in the Nicolas Specq and a straight arm bar finish in the Rachid Benzina fight.

Luke Thoms was creaming over his sub skills in the Hamilton fight where he nailed a kimura. He also had three other submission finishes prior to this in a guillotine in the Luc Ngeleka fight, an arm triangle choke in the Nicolas Specq and a straight arm bar finish in the Rachid Benzina fight.
Not gonna lie dude, I have no fucking clue who any of those guys are. Beating unknowns hardly correlates to proven grappling and submission credentials against top 15 competition.

I can believe with his power he could pull off a quick sub against a hurt sub par opponent but so far from what we've seen he got absolutely dominated by Stipe with no answer and couldn't do much against Blaydes in their grappling exchanges either.

at least overeem went out - i think jds just decided to stop fighting so the ref could stop the fight

it didn’t appear to me that he was that hurt and could of easily gotten out of that position
JDS has done this before recently. Basically gave up and turtled up on the ground. Hair line JDS would KO Ngannou no doubt about it. JDS is a shell of his former self, and has been for years now.

Pretty sure I already coincided that point in my 2nd response to you and as I said, I haven't watched the fight since it happened and was drinking at a party when I watched it live.

All I remembered was Francis going down and since I can't recall JDS ever dropping anyone with a leg kick I guess my mind just filled in the most likely cause.

At the end of the day though this debate was whether or not JDS knocked down Francis and since you clearly didn't remember either when you claimed he didn't and felt the need to not only look it up but apparently watch it 3 times I think it's safe to say both our memories failed us but regarding the subject of this debate I was in fact correct.

Should we call it a draw and walk away now or what dude? Haha
Francis wasn’t dropped in the fight. Getting put off balance and taking a knee isn’t a knockdown. There was one knockdown in the fight and it was francis knocking down junior. Well
he beat stipe handily the first time they fought.
That’s a lie
B11E5F3A-B1B9-4955-9836-D85DA0840CE2.jpeg

The prime JDS that could throw snappy bombs from the outside (i.e. the one vs Gonzaga / Werdum) would have been half a chance to land that.

Francis wasn’t dropped in the fight. Getting put off balance and taking a knee isn’t a knockdown. There was one knockdown in the fight and it was francis knocking down junior. Well

That’s a lie
View attachment 716781
Getting kicked in the calf and falling is most certainly getting knocked down, it's just not scored as a knockdown (or Cowboy would have had 20 "knockdowns" against Nate) but if you involuntarily go to the ground as a result of an opponents strike it's safe to say he knocked you down. Doesn't mean you were necessarily hurt though.

I feel like 2010- 2011 jds would have murked francis.

I just think a lot of heavyweights go in against Ngannou expecting to lose, whether they admit that to themselves or not. JDS performance in that fight was really poor. So was Overeem's. At least Stipe had the right plan which was AVOID the huge shots, let Ngannou slow down a bit and then wrestlefuck him. = victory.

Nobody else in the HW division seems to be able to do what Stipe did. Oh well.

Only person I've ever seen scared shitless like jds was would probably be bader vs rumble lol. He shot a double leg from way on the outside lol.

Bader-shoots-on-Rumble.gif
I'm not sure JDS was scared shitless. He was doing okay until he threw that ridiculous punch and got punched in the back of the head and temple off balance and over extended by 2 shots he never saw coming at which point he panicked and over reacted trying to escape while most likely only semi conscious.

Prior to that sequence he was the aggressor in the fight which makes it seem unlikely he was "scared shirtless".

I mean if he was why would he have excepted a fight he had no reason to take to begin with?

It was a kick
Dude, read the first page before posting at least.

Not to be a dick but I keep getting notifications about this when it's already been addressed and I admitted my mistake regarding the cause of the knockdown. As I said, I only watched it live at a party and remembered Francis going down so I guess my mind just filled in the blanks since I can't recall JDS ever dropping someone with a leg kick but I do recall him dropping several with an overhand right.

Sorry if that comes of bitch, I really mean no disrespect but since you took the time to address me it would be rude not to respond, lol, but obviously you aren't the first and I'm drunk and tired hence the uncharacteristic annoyance.

Haha, I feel I put way to much effort into explaining myself there for some reason.

Cheers dude, sorry.

I just think a lot of heavyweights go in against Ngannou expecting to lose, whether they admit that to themselves or not. JDS performance in that fight was really poor. So was Overeem's. At least Stipe had the right plan which was AVOID the huge shots, let Ngannou slow down a bit and then wrestlefuck him. = victory.

Nobody else in the HW division seems to be able to do what Stipe did. Oh well.
<36>

You realize that Ngannou was scared as fuck vs Lewis right? He knew Lewis could match his power.

He just fought stupid and bitched out.

His overhand was teleprahed as fuck with no set ups.

JDS still makes the same mistakes, but he isnt as fast and as explosive anymore.

<36>

You realize that Ngannou was scared as fuck vs Lewis right? He knew Lewis could match his power.

He just fought stupid and bitched out.

His overhand was teleprahed as fuck with no set ups.

JDS still makes the same mistakes, but he isnt as fast and as explosive anymore.
I actually agree with everything you said there. You are right (on this occasion!)

What was he thinking? And then he says he wants a rematch against Ngannou lol. That was one of the worst committed telegraphed overhand rights I’ve ever seen. He even stepped forward with the punch and spun himself around just to miss by a country mile.

JDS is a super nice guy and mostly talented guy but sometimes I think he’s delusional or has a bad case of CTE.

34m8g9.gif

4e2fd3d338285bd1c6718c9664bfa6bd5db7d29e.gif
It's called footwork you bumb watch the fight again you'll see it and why it's out of range now

Back