Media (gif) JDS throwing an overhand from 10 miles out against Ngannou

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What was he thinking? And then he says he wants a rematch against Ngannou lol. That was one of the worst committed telegraphed overhand rights I’ve ever seen. He even stepped forward with the punch and spun himself around just to miss by a country mile.

JDS is a super nice guy and mostly talented guy but sometimes I think he’s delusional or has a bad case of CTE.

34m8g9.gif

4e2fd3d338285bd1c6718c9664bfa6bd5db7d29e.gif

he was scared and went for a hail mary - you could tell he knew he was screwed as soon as it didn’t land

just turned his back and started running away

fight was over before it even began

edit : plus he wanted absolutely nothing more to do with those brutal leg kicks

Last edited:
When that punch landed behind the ear of Cain everyone said he’s a great striker

They get scared and do weird shit. Same thing happened with Overeem

They get scared and do weird shit. Same thing happened with Overeem

at least overeem went out - i think jds just decided to stop fighting so the ref could stop the fight

it didn’t appear to me that he was that hurt and could of easily gotten out of that position

at least overeem went out - i think jds just decided to stop fighting so the ref could stop the fight

it didn’t appear to me that he was that hurt and could of easily gotten out of that position

Looks like he got him pretty good here chief

960x0.jpg

ff7c1ee0-9aea-11e9-be7f-abdb92da8eea

<6>

Dude was scared shitless lol guess I cant blame him

All I can reply is if you were an MMA ref, a fighter might die under your reffing lol. Reem was almost decapitated, that's one hellova bar to set to determine how badly a fighter's hurt. JDS didn't decide to stop fighting, he got punched multiple times and his body said "fuck this shit" One thing JDS isn't is a quitter, he wouldn't give up in a fight. He couldn't have easily gotten out of that position, or he would have.

Looks like he got him pretty good here chief

960x0.jpg

ff7c1ee0-9aea-11e9-be7f-abdb92da8eea

<6>

he definitely cracked him - but by no means was he out

he didn’t seem that hurt either - just sort of got up right after and seemed fine

it’s easy to sit behind a screen and judge a guy fighting ngannou but it appeared to me at least he could of fought through the situation if he really wanted (which it seemed like he didn’t)

All I can reply is if you were an MMA ref, a fighter might die under your reffing lol. Reem was almost decapitated, that's one hellova bar to set to determine how badly a fighter's hurt.

i have no issue with the stoppage - jds wasn’t fighting back or improving his position

i think he wanted out

Lol that was really really bad..

I have never seen Anderson Silva turn his back on an opponent, in the UFC. LOL

What was he thinking? And then he says he wants a rematch against Ngannou lol. That was one of the worst committed telegraphed overhand rights I’ve ever seen. He even stepped forward with the punch and spun himself around just to miss by a country mile.

JDS is a super nice guy and mostly talented guy but sometimes I think he’s delusional or has a bad case of CTE.

34m8g9.gif

Well I admit this is one of the few times on here CTE may actually be applicable after those brutal Cain fights and most of his fights since but in this case, if I recall correctly, (haven't see the fight since it happened), this reckless overhand came shortly after he hurt and dropped Francis with a slightly tighter over hand.

He probably figured if it worked once it might work again and might have thought Francis was still a little dazed.

As sloppy as the punch was though the nonsensical popping straight up 90 degree turn escape attempt was the worst part by far. All he had to do was stay low and continue moving forward to circle in behid after he got clipped and he could have bought himself enough space and time to regain his composure and footing while Francis was forced to break his own forward momentum and turn around.

There's a strong possibility that's easier said then done though after finding yourself overextended and off balance right in the path of a monster who punches you in the back of the head (legally) and temple with 2 shots you never saw coming in that exact same moment.

Being discombobulated and panicking in such a moment is probably a fairly reasonable and forgiveable offense, lol.

Problem wasn't an overhand. Problem was, he had no setup for that and he had no defensive responsibility to pivot off in the opposite side. Never turn your back to your opponent.

He also does not feint to draw out openings and his awful ring generalship puts him in bad spots all the time.

He was never that good of MMA boxer that people made him out to be.

Well I admit this is one of the few times on here CTE may actually be applicable after those brutal Cain fights and most of his fights since but in this case, if I recall correctly, (haven't see the fight since it happened), this reckless overhand came shortly after he hurt and dropped Francis with a slightly tighter over hand.

He probably figured if it worked once it might work again and might have thought Francis was still a little dazed.

As sloppy as the punch was though the nonsensical popping straight up 90 degree turn escape attempt was the worst part by far. All he had to do was stay low and continue moving forward to circle in behid after he got clipped and he could have bought himself enough space and time to regain his composure and footing while Francis was forced to break his own forward momentum and turn around.

There's a strong possibility that's easier said then done though after finding yourself overextended and off balance right in the path of a monster who punches you in the back of the head (legally) and temple with 2 shots you never saw coming in that exact same moment.

Being discombobulated and panicking in such a moment is probably a fairly reasonable and forgiveable offense, lol.

He dropped francis? I don't think so..

34m8g9.gif

IDK...i guess he mistaken his timing...absolutely horrendous.

@Zebra Cheeks

source.gif

I agree with you, TS. I just talked about that yesterday or the day before that, the overhand was ridiculous. Put himself totally off balance, over extended and in no position to defend himself.. against the biggest power puncher in the UFC.

<6>

I was disappointed. Anyway, hoping for a good fight against Blaydes. I expect Blaydes to win, though.

Back