Getting rid of social networking?

there are too many I can't keep track so I don't have any. No facebook, myspace, twitter, instagram, youtube account, keek, vine, Skype. I stear clear of it all.

You should get a YouTube account at least , can create your own video playlists and such and steer clear of what little social aspect there is to it

Last edited:
I deactivated my facebook account for about 6 months but I found myself spending more time on sherdog and youtube so it didn't help that much. I don't have a twitter or instagram account.

It does get pretty ridiculous. I have people on it who post mundane crap and even worse, some who post weird shit on it as well. Girl I know in real life likes to take pictures together with people just so she can post them on facebook. At this point I'm just using it to follow certain boxers and social activists and to keep in touch with friends who live overseas. And to stalk hot chicks.

Only check once a day (or less), and just the red shit (messages, friendrequest, etc.) and limit acces and visibility to your wall. Don't post anything. These are my rules, and I also have fb just to be in contact with my old friends. I move around a lot so its hard to keep in touch without fb. If used in moderation and you don't post naked pictures for the NSA to see it's not that bad a thing.

Wow, sorry to hear. This deserves it's own thread and explanation if you want to get into it.........and you deserve an Ipad.

Already have the ipad. Using it to post this now. I won it though.
Also I did think about starting the thread to see if any others in my situation (I'm sure there are plenty) but couldn't do with the inevitable ass holes who would treat it as a massive joke. My whole world has been turned upside down, going to lose my kids, have been put on anti depressants and can't eat or sleep.

Just didnt think sherdog was the place for it.

Already have the ipad. Using it to post this now. I won it though.
Also I did think about starting the thread to see if any others in my situation (I'm sure there are plenty) but couldn't do with the inevitable ass holes who would treat it as a massive joke. My whole world has been turned upside down, going to lose my kids, have been put on anti depressants and can't eat or sleep.

Just didnt think sherdog was the place for it.

You will get your fair share of dipshit responses but I think you will also get some advice and food for thought from those in similar situations. May end up being therapeutic for you. Sorry to hear about all that shit.

You will get your fair share of dipshit responses but I think you will also get some advice and food for thought from those in similar situations. May end up being therapeutic for you. Sorry to hear about all that shit.

May do it yet.
I suppose dipshits won't bother me that much, its not like I can get all that offended by words on a screen.
Thanks for your sympathy.

Yeah, I deleted FB a fair while back due to procrastination issues. Turned out I just started lurking of Sherdog a bunch more. Go figure.

I hardly even use my FB at all. I spend a total of probably 20 mins a day on FB compared to hours upon hours I waste here on Sherdog lol

Shit I spent more time watching that damn dubstep cat video in the You Laugh, You Lose thread last night than I have on FB in the last week.

Been off facebook for about 3 years. Now i just waste my life on Sherdog.

I deactivated my facebook account for about 6 months but I found myself spending more time on sherdog and youtube so it didn't help that much. I don't have a twitter or instagram account.

hahahaha.

ain

Last edited:
Social networks are for attention-seekers and people who need validation from others.

The internet In General had become rather dull

FB is Myspace and I didn't have that.

I have a facebook that I never ever use. The only reason I created it was to check out pictures of girls I met online. That's the only reason I haven't deleted it.

Like most on here say, it's mostly for people that don't have real relationships (the kind where you talk to them on the phone and see them in person).

I deleted my facebook account years ago, haven't looked back. Seriously one of the most liberating things you can do.

I had twitter for about 5 minutes but got sick of the lingo real quick. #fuck that shit.

No cell phone ? Srs'ly ?

Yeah no cell phone for over 3.5 years. I do email a lot though and use my tablet to text/make calls. I just need to get a prepaid phone to put in my car incase of emergency. Sometimes it annoys me at social events when everyone has their phone out texting/facebooking. I think most people cannot go without their phone. When I first got rid of my phone I only lasted a few weeks but then a month later I tried again and it has been over 3.5 years now. I deactivated my facebook about 6 months after I got rid of my cell phone. I enjoy not having a phone. I hold my people accountable to be on time and show up since I don't have a phone. I hate flakes

Back