How much are you getting in social security?

Based on the rough estimates, if I retire at 65, they'll give me enough to cover my current rent haha

I'll be dead before 65 though.

I retired at 60, just started my SS at 62. I'm getting $2800 or so. I don't need it, but why not.

Better advice is to open an IRA and start putting money away. Read up on compound interest. A good rule of thumb is your money will double every 8 years, so get started.
You're the first person to actually list the amount you're getting.

Not even the TS did it, even though he asked others to do so.

Right now it says I'll get just under $2800 per month. Combined with my 401k I should be pulling 120k in annual income.

The problem is by the time I get old, 120k is going to be like 30k in today's dollars, so I'll be eating dog food like everyone else, and realize that I wasted my life working.

No one will get their money. The West as we know it is almost kaput!

My retirement plan is to finance one of these and lead the cops on a high speed chase to my death
View attachment 1029631
This fucker where I live did exactly that. Except he took out a teenage girl along the way. She was just in her own car minding her business.

So just make sure you aim for a cliff or something.

This fucker where I live did exactly that. Except he took out a teenage girl along the way. She was just in her own car minding her business.

So just make sure you aim for a cliff or something.
That's fvcked up

My mom just retired in October. 44 years as ICU nurse all with the same hospital. She was 67 so she got 3rd tier out of 4 total SS tiers.

Her monthly SS check is $3300 and that's after Medicare part B is taken out.

My dad whose 4 years younger still work full time and she has 1.2 million in her 401k which she hasn't touched yet. There monthly bills are like barely 2 grand a month

You're the first person to actually list the amount you're getting.

Not even the TS did it, even though he asked others to do so.

Right now it says I'll get just under $2800 per month. Combined with my 401k I should be pulling 120k in annual income.

The problem is by the time I get old, 120k is going to be like 30k in today's dollars, so I'll be eating dog food like everyone else, and realize that I wasted my life working.
Dude, 120k is the new 50k now.

My dad took his at 62, he died at 64. He put his SS into an account and had 20 grand in there, so im guessing he only got like 1k a month unless he spend some of it, i dunno, but at least he didn't gamble and wait till 65 because he wouldn't have got jack shit for paying taxes his entire life.

No one will get their money. The West as we know it is almost kaput!
close-door-the-office.gif

Back