Social George Bush sitting with Ellen Degeneres at the Packers vs Cowboys game: Update Ellen Responds...

Ellen seems to be speaking along a logical line of pure pacifism, which I see as the action of letting vicious thugs like Bush off the hook.

That being said, my ire lies far heavier on Barack Obama, considering he didn't do shit about the rampant domestic and foreign crimes by Bush and his world burners, many of which Trump picked up.

I'd give anything to go back in time and party with dubya.

i wonder what Mark's opinion on China and Hong Kong is. He is a super woke actor and wont let the billion dollar profits his movies make in China stop him from speaking out against China's atrocities.

<PlusJuan>

Bush Jr has been on Ellen before, showcasing his artwork. So this isnt really surprising to me. They were known to like eachother.

That was when I started to realize that since Trump became pres and made Jeb look bad, that they were parading Bush Jr around on daytime talk shows as a goofy, but talented and loveable ex president. A far cry from the vitriol he received just ten years before.

bush-ellen.png
Is that a portrait of one of the civilians who was accidentally killed in one of his wars

Imagine being so narrow-minded that someone being friends with George Bush is something that would make you angry. Ellen's comments are spot on.

i wonder what Mark's opinion on China and Hong Kong is. He is a super woke actor and wont let the billion dollar profits his movies make in China stop him from speaking out against China's atrocities.

<PlusJuan>
{<huh}
Did the herpes reach your brain?
Is Ruffalo Chinese? Was Bush the president of China?
How do you even compare China/Hong Kong with a 20 year war that's killed at least a half million people?

{<huh}
Did the herpes reach your brain?
Is Ruffalo Chinese? Was Bush the president of China?
How do you even compare China/Hong Kong with a 20 year war that's killed at least a half million people?
This is the new right wing "Bush" supporting talking point in defense of the mass destruction and death the Iraq war brought on.

As you point out Mark is not a Chinese citizen or maybe they must be raging about Trump family collecting checks from Suadi leaders. Of course they will twist their reasoning.

She should have tranquilized him right then and there, activated her personal jetpack and flown him straight to the goddamn Hague.

Imagine being so narrow-minded that someone being friends with George Bush is something that would make you angry. Ellen's comments are spot on.
Imagine being so obtuse that you treat George Bush as if he was your run of the mill, outspoken, kooky right/left winger co-worker, Bob that you sometimes have political spats with.

I get what she's saying, and it is a nice sentiment, but her message is flawed.
We're not talking about a difference of opinion on tax cuts or eating meat here. We're talking about an unjust war that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.
Americans are so often detached from the actions our country does.
Like...what...5,000 American soldiers died, to the 500,000 Iraqis?? And half of those were civilians.
And the guy that started the war that is still going on gets to put on a goofy smile, paint some pictures , and all is supposed to be forgiven because he's not as stupid or crass in his mannerisms as the current jackass in the White House?

There are some things that you can let slide, things that don't need to be fought over, and then there are other things that deal with who you are as a human being.
We can have disagreements on legalization of drugs, and immigration policies...but wars that caused death and destruction of innocents? Human rights abuses? Discrimination based on race, gender, or sexual orientation? Yeah, no.

Is that a portrait of one of the civilians who was accidentally killed in one of his wars

I think its one of the innocent people that were victims of our extraordinary rendition program and was sent over to Syria where our buddy Assad tortured him.

Imagine being so obtuse that you treat George Bush as if he was your run of the mill, outspoken, kooky right/left winger co-worker, Bob that you sometimes have political spats with.

I get what she's saying, and it is a nice sentiment, but her message is flawed.
We're not talking about a difference of opinion on tax cuts or eating meat here. We're talking about an unjust war that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people.
Americans are so often detached from the actions our country does.
Like...what...5,000 American soldiers died, to the 500,000 Iraqis?? And half of those were civilians.
And the guy that started the war that is still going on gets to put on a goofy smile, paint some pictures , and all is supposed to be forgiven because he's not as stupid or crass in his mannerisms as the current jackass in the White House?

There are some things that you can let slide, things that don't need to be fought over, and then there are other things that deal with who you are as a human being.
We can have disagreements on legalization of drugs, and immigration policies...but wars that caused death and destruction of innocents? Human rights abuses? Discrimination based on race, gender, or sexual orientation? Yeah, no.

The Iraq war was ill advised, but not unjust. And this kind of outrage is pretty damn selective in my experience.

And let's not act as if this is some kind of isolated incident. There's been a remarkable surge in narrow-mindedness and intolerance in our country, and the biggest bastion of self-righteous judgment of any and all who commit wrong think is the woke left. Be bigger. Bigger minded and bigger hearted.

Back