Social George Bush sitting with Ellen Degeneres at the Packers vs Cowboys game: Update Ellen Responds...

It's confusing to me. The left will look at Ellen as a female, a lesbian, and liberal. Not as the uber rich, elite part of society. She's in a different class than us.
I'm 35 now and I've never seen anything like this. I know I'll have people come at me for saying this. But, current society is becoming very segregated. Not in terms of seperate in terms of physical seperation. If you disagree (and this does come from most sides, but more from the left) you're evil. If your anti-abortion you hate women, if your anti-illegal immigration you hate migrants and are a white supremacist.
The right doesn't get to explain their side. The left shuts it down and resists.

And im speaking from my 35 years of life experience and what I've seen. I don't want a History lesson.

With the rise of the alt-Left, it seems that being an adult and respecting other people's political and personal beliefs is becoming rare. When your main mission is to shut down the speech and ideas of others on the other side of the political aisle, you have lost. You see it here on this forum a lot.

You don't know true friendship until you are friends with mass murderers and war criminals. Go Ellen!

So you voted for the "slowly let the shit hit the fan" candidate vs the "JAM THE SHIT IN THE FAN BLADES ARGHHHH!" candidate

Congrats. I'll bake you a cupcake.
Goddamn perfect analogy

Working in the TV industry for a long time I can say Ellen has a pretty bad reputation for how she treats people. For whatever it’s worth.

He didn't bring up the gay marriage issue in 2004. The current governor of our state did.

Bush certainly campaigned on making gay-marriage illegal. Even if the bill was written and introduced in 2002, it featured prominently in his campaign. Don't you remember?

Props to Ellen for the way she handled all this. Just wish she could of found a US President who was not a War Criminal. Oh wait, never mind

Bush certainly campaigned on making gay-marriage illegal. Even if the bill was written and introduced in 2002, it featured prominently in his campaign. Don't you remember?
Yeah I was front and center in SF when Newsome made it a national issue. Until he did it was just another obvious side note. When Gavin pushed for it and others followed is what matters. That was the ammo the Bush team needed. Had Gavin not done that there wouldnt have been ballot initiatives against it across the States.

Yeah I was front and center in SF when Newsome made it a national issue. Until he did it was just another obvious side note. When Gavin pushed for it and others followed is what matters. That was the ammo the Bush team needed. Had Gavin not done that there wouldnt have been ballot initiatives against it across the States.

From the "liberal" side it may have been cities allowing gay marriage which sparked a conservative reaction (although the Protection of Marriage bill predated Newsom's actions), but John Kerry was making the election about the War in Iraq, and Bush campaigned more heavily on the gay marriage issue.

Bush Jr has been on Ellen before, showcasing his artwork. So this isnt really surprising to me. They were known to like eachother.

That was when I started to realize that since Trump became pres and made Jeb look bad, that they were parading Bush Jr around on daytime talk shows as a goofy, but talented and loveable ex president. A far cry from the vitriol he received just ten years before.

bush-ellen.png

From the "liberal" side it may have been cities allowing gay marriage which sparked a conservative reaction (although the Protection of Marriage bill predated Newsom's actions), but John Kerry was making the election about the War in Iraq, and Bush campaigned more heavily on the gay marriage issue.
I remember the most interesting part in all of the debates was the Edwards/Cheney debate. Edwards asked Cheney about his daughter and gay marriage, and Dick just said "Thanks for the kind words."

I'm aware of that. In fact that's my point. Republican voters were much less enthused with Bush in 2004 than the previous year. The left bringing up gay marriage in that election cycle gave the Bush campaign just what it needed to wake those Republican voters up.

that fat fuck in the corner is comically & abnormally huge.

So fat he can’t open his eyes all the way. That’s some srs heft right there..

I'm aware of that. In fact that's my point. Republican voters were much less enthused with Bush in 2004 than the previous year. The left bringing up gay marriage in that election cycle gave the Bush campaign just what it needed to wake those Republican voters up.

So in other words you're blaming the SF mayor's gay marriage approval for Bush winning the presidential election in 2004, right...
Even though the Protection of Marriage Act predated the mayor's actions, Bush deliberately campaigned on it as a national issue to distract from his war, and the primary focus from the left at every level was still on the War.
Yet still Americans were happy to reelect him.
Like I said, smoke screen.

Guy in the front row has a head like Thanos.

So in other words you're blaming the SF mayor's gay marriage approval for Bush winning the presidential election in 2004, right...
Even though the Protection of Marriage Act predated the mayor's actions, Bush deliberately campaigned on it as a national issue to distract from his war, and the primary focus from the left at every level was still on the War.
Yet still Americans were happy to reelect him.
Like I said, smoke screen.
Not in other words, in your words.

My point is the Bush campaign responded to 2004 push for gay marriage. You can take that blame game stuff back to the playground.

The debate in my circle at the time was whether it was a good move to push gay marriage in an election cycle where the war was the issue.

My position then and now it was stupid timing. Though I dont personally think it threw the election, Kerry is just that bad.

Of course Bush wasnt going to run on the war and this gave them the perfect issue to get those voters out.

It's just cause and affect man not blame game.

Back