Social George Bush sitting with Ellen Degeneres at the Packers vs Cowboys game: Update Ellen Responds...

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Steve-French, Oct 6, 2019.

1. SmilinDesperado

SmilinDesperado Silver Belt

"ill advised"?????
    {<jordan}
    lol You can't put an "oopsie" bandaid on some shit that resulted in the destabilization of an entire region, the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people, and the incalcuable and irreprebale damage that the survivors have to deal with.
    That shit was unjust and illegal. And we are STILL there.
    If America wasn't America, we'd be in the Hague.
    And Bush was against gay marriage.
    So, as a human, and a lesbian, it's pretty baffling that she can be friends with a guy that opposed her right to marry, and was directly responsible for the shitstrom that is Iraq. That doesn't mean that she needs to hurl a fresh poop at him the moment she sees him, you can be civil, but his FRIEND?

What is selective about the outrage? What other 20 year wars do we have going on right now? The scale is incomparable.

I won't disagree that there is definitely some douchebaggery going on on both sides. But the "biggest bastion" of it? Child please.
    A lot of right wing politics is about the exclusion of groups, either outright, or deceptively. It always has been.
    But I am curious what you think the left is intolerant about. Should all views be tolerated?
    Again, I do agree that there are some woke shit heads out there, but i'm curious as to what exactly you think the left is being narrow-minded about.

m25105 and jimmas99 like this.
  2. ShadowRun

ShadowRun error Platinum Member

He’s a idiot and lucky Norton decided to screw himself over.

Frank23 likes this.
  3. genecop

genecop Silver Belt

F both of them

uppercutbus likes this.
  4. Bob Arctor

Bob Arctor Yellow Card Yellow Card

I bet you stay up late at night crying about dead Iraqis don’t you??? Nope. Fake outrage is cute.

Crocop42 and uppercutbus like this.
  5. SmilinDesperado

{<doc}
    What kind of retarded argument is this?
    Why are you people so dumb?
    Yes, believe it or not, as a fellow human being, I care when other human beings are needlessly suffering and being killed, especially when it's being done by my own country over some bullshit.
    I don't care if they're Iraqis , Venezuelans, Dagestanians, or Cameroonians.

6. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama Idol of Millions Platinum Member

How was it not unjust?
    What was the justification for killing 1,000,000 Iraqis?

SIRGAY HARITONOB! likes this.
  7. Bob Arctor

just pile on the fake outrage. Keep it flowing lol.

Crocop42 and uppercutbus like this.
  8. Anung Un Rama

9. K1levelgrappler

K1levelgrappler Brown Belt

Sociopathic shitbags don’t have the capacity to empathize and can’t fathom that anyone else could either. You must be faking it.

SmilinDesperado likes this.
  10. SmilinDesperado

Oh yeah, after I saw his last reply i was done.
    I forgot my 'No Fraternizing With White Belts' rule for a second there.

Anung Un Rama likes this.
  11. Cunningham

Cunningham Silver Belt Platinum Member

Desperado is a troll too though...

uppercutbus likes this.
  12. SmilinDesperado

<LikeReally5>
    No @?
    Yellow belly, and a yellow card.
    Double yellows. Double Sad.

13. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

1. I didn't put an oopsie bandage on anything, and you seem to agree with me that the Iraq War was ill advised. However, the Iraq war was neither illegal nor unjust.
    2. What makes Ellen's take so refreshing is that as a human and a lesbian she is able to befriend other humans who don't fit her narrower categorization. She didn't fall into the identity politics trap that would divide us into opposing camps based on narrowly tailored interests. Life and people are more than politics.

14. IngaVovchanchyn

I think people forget just how wicked the regime of Saddam Hussein was. Also, the best info we had at the time was that he was stockpiling WMDs. This was easy to believe at the time, given that he had already used WMDs on ethnic minorities in his own country in the recent past.

People die in wars. But that doesn't make everyone who wages wars a war criminal. One of the striking things about the Iraq War was how easy it was to get dozens of other nations on board with the military alliance. There was a broad consensus both domestically and internationally that Saddam had to go.

15. Anung Un Rama

Not one single thing you mentioned was justification for the Iraq War.
    1. Not the reason we went there.
    2. We killed 1,000,000 Iraqis. Plus we also destroyed their infrastructure and unleashed sectarian violence. And this was after our sanctions lead to the death of 500,000 children.

Now lets put that in perspective:

No, not the best info we had at the time.
    THIS is not info. And we know they lied, so why are you pretending we were operating off of intel?
    Only if you weren't paying attention, and again, it ignores the fact that they lied.

yeah, they do. But when the war is based on a lie, targets civilians, and includes torture its a war crime.
    How old are you? Because W's "coalition" was a farce. Compare it to the one HW formed.

m25105, MMAisGod and SmilinDesperado like this.
  16. IngaVovchanchyn

It was a big part of it. Lots of governments have WMDs. The Brits do, we do. The issue was not that the weapons existed, but that a bad actor had the weapons. It was easy to get dozens of nations on board to attack Iraq in large part because of the danger Saddam posed to the region, having previously started ugly wars with two of his neighbors.

I'm not pretending anything. I don't think the US and UK were lying. Also, what is your "This" supposed to be? I figured it was a link but not working. If it isn't a link, then please provide your evidence that the intelligence info was known to be false.

Targeting civilians and torture are considered war crimes. Those culpable should be tried, and in several cases, they have been. Are you suggesting George Bush tortured someone or ordered the targeting of civilians? He didn't.

My age is irrelevant, though I am likely older than you are. It is nonsense to suggest the coalition that invaded Iraq in 2003 was a farce. It wasn't. In what way to find it inferior to the coalition in 1992?

Again, what you have here is an argument that the Iraq War was ill advised and poorly executed. I tend to agree, though I wonder how historians will view it when emotions cool over the next few decades. Do you think JFK is a war criminal? How about Lyndon Johnson? How about Obama? Let's make it easier. How about you list a few post WW2 presidents who were not war criminals?

17. Bob Arctor

be honest, you don’t have any rules about fraternizing with white belts, you just have rules about fraternizing with anybody you disagree with...like a typical liberal snowflake.

18. Anung Un Rama

No, it wasn't. [/quote]

Well then you should do some reading.
    If you don't know what that image represents then you should stop commenting on this topic.

Plausible deniability is your defense? Yikes.

Your age is only important because you obviously don't know what you're talking about or you're being deliberately dishonest.
    You don't know what the image is that I linked, you're acting like W's coalition was meaningful when it was a farce even at the time, you're acting like the reason we went to war was Saddam = Bad and WMDs that we LIED about, you're all over the place. So I suspect you're about 10-15 years younger than I am.

I don't think you have to wonder how historians think about it, unless you're wondering about historians in the year 2525.
    And, yeah, most if not all of our post wwii POTUS probably qualify as war criminals. Is that your new defense, that of course he's a war criminal... looks like we've come full circle.

m25105, MMAisGod and SmilinDesperado like this.
  19. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

How crazy is it that people literally can't fathom 2 people with differing ideologies finding common ground ?

raty tat tat likes this.
  20. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Love all of you sexy bitches

[​IMG]