• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gane owning Aspinall: "I'll see you in September, stop tripping"

Aspinall hasn’t fought for 8 mins but he’s going to dominate a 25 minute fight ?
Nobody thinks Aspinall is going to win a 25 minute decision lmfao. Obviously people are favoring him to end it in round 1 on the ground, or potentially knock him out early.

I counted him out because of the grappling. I said it would be interesting on the feet but I still favor Aspinall because of the power.

Mind you that Aspinall is far faster than Ngannou or Tuivasa.

And a better boxer.

No, being rocked means it has effected his ability in the immediate aftermath, which it didn't

Just because you said he was rocked doesn't mean he was rocked.

It really comes off like someone who misremembered something, and they not only realized they were wrong on it, but also realized it doesn't matter if they were, cuz they can kinda just BS an answer that comes off unprovably wrong.

" 'Rocking' doesn't mean they got rocked in any way that we're able to see or determine, despite that being the way everyone has understood it for ages, so I'm fine saying he got rocked because I can still be right without anyone showing me evidence it didn't happen, because I've already said that evidence doesn't matter. "

Blaydes beat Overeem fresh off the Stipe loss, when Overeem was still beating the likes of Hunt, Werdum, Pavlovich, and Olenick. I think that's a pretty overlooked win of Curtis', frankly.

Any version of Overeem is a dangerous opponent. If he was still active he’d be beating the brakes off guys like Almeida, Lewis and Spivac.

Gane cant grapple. Beating Spivac doesnt mean shit. Spivac is a slow ogre who doesnt know what a double leg is.
Blaydes grappling is overrated. Getting taken down by a lhw who shoots naked takedowns with zero set up every fight.

Aspinall does what he wants to both on the ground.

The amount of people dismissing Gane in a fight against Tom is downright hilarious. Men are supposed to be logical when making decisions, leave the emotions to the women.

Gane vs Tom is a hell of a lot closer than most of you make it seem. Two of the most fluid strikers we have seen at HW both guys with MW level athleticism and speed. Also just because Gane was taken down and subbed by Jon don’t get it twisted he has beautiful distance control and his hips are good (he looked great in his last fight). I expect him to stuff some TD’s and make this into a fucking fight.
Gane looked great in his last fight against a punching bag too dumb and unathletic to know what to do if his opponents don't clinch with him. Gane fought one elite grappler in Jones and got dismantled faster than any of his opponents in a decade.

Aspinall ragdolled Volkov on the ground the fight right after Volkov defended every takedown attempt of Tybura over three rounds in the previous fight. It ain't delusion to assume Gane will look like a white belt again.

Guys a bit of a diddy isn’t he, wanted nowt to do with Aspinall when he thought he was fighting “down” the rankings.

Recently turned it down again, now he thinks he gets to pick when a fight happens.

Aye he’s a diva.

"People aren't ready to hear" my terrible take

Tom would annihilate Gane. Gane is a nice point fighrer with glaring holes in his MMA game. Tom is a well rounded killer in MMA

gimp
People aren't ready to hear this but there is a huge gap in the striking in favour of gane. Gane would dummy tom on the feet with ease

The amount of people dismissing Gane in a fight against Tom is downright hilarious. Men are supposed to be logical when making decisions, leave the emotions to the women.

Gane vs Tom is a hell of a lot closer than most of you make it seem. Two of the most fluid strikers we have seen at HW both guys with MW level athleticism and speed. Also just because Gane was taken down and subbed by Jon don’t get it twisted he has beautiful distance control and his hips are good (he looked great in his last fight). I expect him to stuff some TD’s and make this into a fucking fight.
Also he was easily out grappled by Ngannou

It's not just Jon

And Tom is every bit as athletic as those guys

It would be a shock if Tom was not able to dominate Gane in the grappling

dude what are you even talking about? So because I say one word I'm a troll? The dude was trying to say Tom wasn't wobbled by that punch which is why I said he had to be coping because that's the only way anyone with eyes could see it that way.
Dude, yes. You're a troll with a poor grasp of English, common colloquial terms and MMA.

Gane literally just obliterated Spivak in his last fight. Spivak is a Judo black belt and combat sambo practitioner and competitor. Gane stuffed every takedown attempt with ease. Gane got tapped by jones in his only submission loss of his career. No shame in losing to the Goat people let their hate of jones cloud their logical look at Ganes skills, guy is a beast.

Ngannou was the only other fighter to effectively beat Gane with a TD heavy gameplan but Ngannou is a fucking freak of nature. Let’s not forget that he just defeated Miocic by KO in a fight where he was able to do (what Olympian Cormier couldn’t) and dominate the wrestling exchanges against Stipe.
But can you honestly not see that Tom's a freak of nature too.

Heavyweight with movement and athleticism of a middleweight. Ngannou has more power, but Tom is probably pretty athletic

I called Tom to smash through the Pole easy. Don't know how so many of you got that so wrong.

Nobody thinks Aspinall is going to win a 25 minute decision lmfao. Obviously people are favoring him to end it in round 1 on the ground, or potentially knock him out early.
Although I think if Gane's takedown defence is as bad as its been in the past then just riding out a decision could be a fallback position for Aspinall as well.

Gane might just be the worst higher ranked guy in the UFC o_O

"People aren't ready to hear" my terrible take

Tom would annihilate Gane. Gane is a nice point fighrer with glaring holes in his MMA game. Tom is a well rounded killer in MMA

gimp
Lmfao so you think that gane would lose on the feet to tom??? Lmfao you are precious, you are.

Yes, the dude who was controlled on the ground by Ngannou and subbed by Jones in a minute is going to somehow beat Tom Aspinall lmao.

Aspinall is taking him down and doing whatever the fuck he wants. It isn't even an interesting fight unless Aspinall decides to stand with him for 25 minutes, in which case I still favor the guy with knockout power.
always nice when the first post does a /thread

also lol @ a social media post "owning" someone: guess if I make a tweet to Tom saying "see you in September" then I've "owned" him as well?

I don't want to hear a goddamn thing from Cyril until he beats a grappler. You rode the gravy train all the way to being gifted two absurd title shots despite only fighting the bar-room kickboxer Tais of the world and having 0 grappling. Now you fight the Jailtons or Curtises. Who will expose you of course, in case that exposing wasn't already super obvious between D1 Francis and Jon.

Back