FYI Big part of Dustin beating Max was him using 52 Skull & Crossbones as I show here

Status
Not open for further replies.
52 Skull & Crossbones + Neo-striking footwork = 52% of the time it works every time

Wolfman bless

52 Skull & Crossbones + Neo-striking footwork = 52% of the time it works every time

Wolfman bless
More like 80% as in ur getting off first or attack by drawing and hit the guy 80% of the fight only getting hit urself 20% .

Everyone else plays 50/50 staring at each other most the time trying to decide who's turn it is.

That is what proper footwork , settimg up next attack, and shifting ,blitzing can do.

So when done right, my neo striking system works 100% literally 80% of the fight. Hit and don't get hit. 52 blocks or distracting hands just add into it

Hey Dan. I just wanna say. You seem legit tough, knowledgeable and experienced.
But you have the personality of a used tampon.
Lighten the fuck up and you'll be well received.

We foster our content gods on here. Let them grow.

When they're big enough we make Smilies.

Anyone from the old days remember this ?

If my theories and teaching could bring TDD percentage up from say 30% to 60% vs khabib that would be huge. Enough to tire him and make him eat more fight changing shots. I like decent chance vs less than decent and any fighter should too.

After all the hate I got posting about it on the UG yrs ago from all those far less experienced and intelligent then me, my anti cage techniques were only way ngannou and barboza got off the cage vs much more experienced wrestlers whom you are not going to out pummel and turn otherwise. Look at my vid on page 2
That's definitely aiming high with the %s. Khabib is a different animal than most wrestlers. Just as people can't stop Ben askren from eventually taking them down. He has very odd ways to get ahold of people, and it makes him that much better. Khabib is the same way. If its so easy to gain up to 60% tdd vs him, why has no one done it in 28 fights. They alm have video of his fights. I'm sure some have heard of this technique.. It just doesn't seem plausible to me to 5ake someone with below average wrestling, and teach them to stop a guy that's been training it in many different styles his whole life. Sounds like a magic pill to me.

Who knows if he used 52 blocks or not. However when both fighters have small gloves you have to block with your forearm, upper arm, elbow, and hands. Unlike boxing where you just put up your massive gloves.

I did notice Poirier getting hit a lot every time he decided to use that block.

Sometimes the right long hook got around, but no their were many amazing gif worthy times Max came forward with 3 punches and DP used it to block them all.......that stopped Max's offense, usually he then shifts forward and keeps blasting 20 hit combos.

This was how DP stuffled his offense, stopped most of the momentum changes (I think he messed up in the 4th?), and could really on having the bigger fire power to then fire back.

Anyone from the old days remember this ?

If you watch my 2nd Set video, I am referencing it indirectly, how different coasts seem to have different names for basically same things and how some things can be used for different application.........

ie bum rush/foreman

butterflies/birdies

But I made that vid because it became popping and locking, breakdancing to look cool, instead of the survival roots in CQB prisons brah

Dan, I like your stuff and please continue to share.

I would just like to point out that you said you’ve added “4 more blocks to the 22 punch drill” but then held up 5 fingers.

View attachment 566267

lol, that's funny, but

OBVIOUSLY I was just thinking about that time I had a nice conversation at 530 am walking through Detroit Airport w/
5 Time
5 Time
5 Time World Champion
Booker T Washington

do you think feinting to the head and then digging into the body would be effective against this? I saw that opening all night for Holloway.

More so when same leads not open stances

IE if both orthodox, then a fake overhand right to liver shot but then you might catch the elbow tip on your hand....straight right to ribs open though

From open stance yeah you could go double jab, then right hook to the body....but then you could lower your own head onto a reverse elbow if you went to that well too many times too

Last edited:
Yeah OP, that’s exactly why he won. He practiced a 26 block drill where Max just threw all punches exactly the way they were supposed to be thrown.

I noticed Dustin using this blocking technique in the fight. Interesting.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about what you're talking about but I've never seen a boxing stance used so well in mma before this fight.

Poirier blocked so many shots with the top of his head I lost count and thought for sure max was going to break his hand. Never seen anyone utilize this technique as much as I did in this fight.

Was a thing of beauty.
Watch Yoel's last 2-3 fights. He uses boxing "cross-guard" beautifully (Archie Moore, Ken Norton, George Foreman style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back