FYI Big part of Dustin beating Max was him using 52 Skull & Crossbones as I show here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yap...highly effective when fighting children

Not so much agaisnt high level adults..

Not using any of this garbage

I dont need shoot myself in the foot to know itll hurt..and i certainly dont need to get KTFO to know this wont work either..

X(cross) guard is one thing..but i dunno about the rest

Sometimes the right long hook got around, but no their were many amazing gif worthy times Max came forward with 3 punches and DP used it to block them all.......that stopped Max's offense, usually he then shifts forward and keeps blasting 20 hit combos.

This was how DP stuffled his offense, stopped most of the momentum changes (I think he messed up in the 4th?), and could really on having the bigger fire power to then fire back.
Do you have any of those gifs of the fight? They'd be interesting to see.

Yap...highly effective when fighting children

Not so much agaisnt high level adults..

Not using any of this garbage

I dont need shoot myself in the foot to know itll hurt..and i certainly dont need to get KTFO to know this wont work either..
Literally tons of examples of it working in the TITLE fight being discussed, you know if you actually studied anything. Not only working at blocking first 3 punches, but that stopped all of Max's momentum, stopped him from shifting switch stance stepping in and continuing.

Or you know Yoel's last fights

Some aspects some times in Anderson's last fights

Similar to Lawler/Hendricks 1

Dah

Last edited:
Do you have any of those gifs of the fight? They'd be interesting to see.
Yes, yes it would. I rewatched the fight last night and a lot of times went back mini rewind to see them again

But I am not in the Gif game

And not in a position to f%^ w the Zuffa WME

Literally tons of examples of it working in the fight being discusses, you know if you actually studied anything. Not only working at blocking first 3 punches, but that stopped all of Max's momentum, stopped him from shifting switch stance stepping in and continuing.

Or you know Yoel's last fights

Some aspects some times in Anderson's last fights

Similar to Lawler/Hendricks 1

Dah

Ive been training martials arts since i was 17 im 28 now..

Your relying on being able to intercept your oppoents strikes based on your sight and reaction time..not to mention an entire lack of head movement or footwork..

This would lead you to getting back agaisnt the cage and light up(which is what happened to poirer and romero) ...you cant catch every strike that comes in...

Cross guard is a strong block dont get me wrong but it makes you stationary and unable to counter as your using both arms to block..

Also..what about kicks?... A good teep or question mark kick like rockholds or wonderboy and u could easily be fooled into blocking the wrong way...

Will it work sometimes..sure...is it better then blocking strikes with ur face..sure..

But there is better defensive measures then this

lol, that's funny, but

OBVIOUSLY I was just thinking about that time I had a nice conversation at 530 am walking through Detroit Airport w/
5 Time
5 Time
5 Time World Champion
Booker T Washington
Just playing bud. Keep up the good work.

Ive been training martials arts since i was 17 im 28 now..

Your relying on being able to intercept your oppoents strikes based on your sight and reaction time..not to mention an entire lack of head movement or footwork..

This would lead you to getting back agaisnt the cage and light up(which is what happened to poirer and romero) ...you cant catch every strike that comes in...

Cross guard is a strong block dont get me wrong but it makes you stationary and unable to counter as your using both arms to block..

Also..what about kicks?... A good teep or question mark kick like rockholds or wonderboy and u could easily be fooled into blocking the wrong way...

Will it work sometimes..sure...is it better then blocking strikes with ur face..sure..

But there is better defensive measures then this

Whoa Bro, a whopping 11 years! No way
I mean, some people have 3 times that. Takes 20 years of study to you really get to finally start understanding so they say

So, you still playing the What IF game, instead of all the times it was used successfully (though sometimes a bit too square on) to win a Title Fight in the UFC?

That 52 stuff is bullshit, they do little things boxers do and they seem legit to people that dont know about figths

AT least I am bringing to attention
When in a 5 round title fight, it was only kinda mentioned by 1 of 3 commentators once when DC said DP's using high guard well.

This actually isn't bad because talks about Fence & Street realities,
And crashing in with Houdini/Foreman/Cross Guard like I talk about in my 2nd Set video
And then going to elbows.
Unlike boxing, we can use Skull & Crossbones (how I think of it when sideways), or Cross Guard/Houdini/Bum Rush (how I think of it square) to drive to cage and also to land counter elbows

Last edited:
I guarantee Dustin wasn't using the 52, even if some of the techniques were similar.

This thread makes me feel like I accidentally ate seven grams of mushrooms about an hour ago.

This thread makes me feel like I accidentally ate seven grams of mushrooms about an hour ago.
Did you just learn about Dan? Please go back over his profile and read his posts. They are all gold.

He trains with Romero at ATT. Romero adopted the cross-arm Archie Moore gurad his last 2 fights.

Bet Romero showed him a few tricks over at the gym.
No it was definitely because Dan told somebody about it somewhere once and not what you’re saying... /s

This is pretty interesting, very Systema-like. I know a bunch of people who've only had a passing interest in Systema, but they've taken little things like the Shredder from it, because it works so well. Outside of the cage, at least. This is the first I see it used in a MMA setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back