Media "From my first UFC fight all they ever said was "feed him to Romero!!""

Naysayers are in a weird spot right now. They have no logical/moral reason to hate Israel but they somehow can't stand him. He is still winning and making them swallow their own shit. They are more and more pissed off but they can't say nothing. It's hilarious all together. :D

Truly hilarious actually.

Fighting a dude who has lost 3 of his last 4.

I just don't see how beating Romero does anything for him when Costa is out there.

Cannonier should have got the shot if Costa is injured

Fighting a dude who has lost 3 of his last 4.

I just don't see how beating Romero does anything for him when Costa is out there.

Cannonier should have got the shot if Costa is injured
He was on the wrong side of razor close decisions in 3 of his last 4, losing to 2 guys.

But let's not pretend Yoel's body of work at 185 is something to sneeze at. His resume speaks for itself. I'm a big advocate for Cannonier but you can't compare their body of work or name recognition.

Cannonier needs another big win. It's a shame that Darren does not seem to be planning on taking the fight.

Last edited:
"he'll take him down and it's over"

But yoel barely wrestles.

Yep, and his top game isn't that good either. He's not good at passing guard or keeping people down. I wouldn't be surprised if Isreal got the better of Romero from the bottom even if he does take him down.

I think the Whittaker fights skew those stats. He does go for some half hearted takedowns, but the majority of the time he is boxing, and other than the lyoto fight, he doesn't do much with the takedowns at all.
Yeah I mean he went for 8 against Weidman and 0 against Rockhold but of course Weidman was also going for takedowns which might have caused Yoel to show off his own wrestling. You'd imagine the wrestling would at least be a small factor in this fight, even if Yoel only uses it to get Izzy thinking about it. In Rockhold's case he has legit BJJ and shitty striking defense.

Yep, and his top game isn't that good either. He's not good at passing guard or keeping people down. I wouldn't be surprised if Isreal got the better of Romero from the bottom even if he does take him down.

I agree with everything you said but if there was a fight to implement his superiority of controlling someone it would be this fight.

I think Yoel will have a totally different gameplan as he usually does.
I mean he’ll be patient and explode like he usually does but I think he will get the fight to the ground and he has the ability to do it. He should be able to get Israel down pretty easy. ( not that Israel has bad takedown defense. It’s very good)
I just expect a different gameplan from Yoel than his previous fights.

Now that said I think Israel wins the fight. I don’t think Yoel can go 5 rounds. i expect a really tough fight for Israel. I think Yoel will fight to control and keep Israel on his back. But Israel will takeover mid to late third round and dominate from there.

If Yoel fights as he usually does it will be to his detriment.
Yoel has the luxury to rely on his wrestling if he trains and implements that gameplan.

but who the fuxk knows what yowl will do.

If I had to bet I’d still take adasanya.

Honestly, who's gonna watch 30 minutes of that shit?

The kid makes me cringe sometimes but if he actually takes out Romero that's no joke
Requesting the matchup deserves respect in a world where champs tend to ask for pre-prime or post-prime contenders, or guys they've already beaten

just imagine a powerful gorilla muscled up romero using his wrestling more and brutalize his opponents via gnp..well he loves striking and doesnt do that..man im not expert maybe he dislikes energy depleting wrestling grind

I agree with everything you said but if there was a fight to implement his superiority of controlling someone it would be this fight.

I think Yoel will have a totally different gameplan as he usually does.
I mean he’ll be patient and explode like he usually does but I think he will get the fight to the ground and he has the ability to do it. He should be able to get Israel down pretty easy. ( not that Israel has bad takedown defense. It’s very good)
I just expect a different gameplan from Yoel than his previous fights.

Now that said I think Israel wins the fight. I don’t think Yoel can go 5 rounds. i expect a really tough fight for Israel. I think Yoel will fight to control and keep Israel on his back. But Israel will takeover mid to late third round and dominate from there.

If Yoel fights as he usually does it will be to his detriment.
Yoel has the luxury to rely on his wrestling if he trains and implements that gameplan.

but who the fuxk knows what yowl will do.

If I had to bet I’d still take adasanya.

I agree, I think Yoel will wrestle more than normal but I think Isreal will beat him and the more wrestling heavy gameplan will gas Yoel out faster. I was impressed with Isreal's ground game when he was taken down and was immediately threatening with submissions from the bottom, I expect he also has very good striking off of his back. I don't think Romero will be able to keep him down for long periods of time though.

Wrestling wise Yoel reminds me a lot of Hendricks, his takedowns and TDD are very good but on top he's not that good at passing guard or keeping people down.

Back