Dricus is able to keep winning despite looking awkward same reason Yoel was.... They are physically imposing genetic freaks

they are both muscular and explosive
but yoel aint ddp

ddp is actually better than him
ddp actually has better cardio
i say he has great cardio throwing bombs all day long
uses his wrestling more
has submissions
better pressure fighter
Dricus is anything but explosive. Yoel had better takedowns but worse ability to hold people down. Yoel has an atg chin too and was dangerous when he wanted to be

I see what you did there :rolleyes:

On top of physicality, what they both have is good fight iq and ability to change the way they fight mid fight, while other fighters seem to crumble very fast when their style is not effective anymore. Fighting is a physical sport, and they understand what they can do with their bodies effectively. MMA allows many different variations to succeed and one of the reasons why it's so awesome.

they are both muscular and explosive
but yoel aint ddp

ddp is actually better than him
ddp actually has better cardio
i say he has great cardio throwing bombs all day long
uses his wrestling more
has submissions
better pressure fighter
Imo he's absolutely not better, he benefits from being in a weak era. Rob is a great win but he's clearly been figured out and is on the downside of his career at this point. (Also Romero was robbed in the Izzy fight)

Yoel is more explosive than DDP. I can't see DDP doing backflips and flying knees.

DDP has better cardio though.

But let's be real. Yoel is much more of a genetic freak than DDP - I mean the man started MMA when he was like 29. He was a freak at like age 40 still.

Yoel was much more cerebral of a fighter, but dricus has better cardio. Yoel probably has a bit more power

Prime Yoel was way better than DDP.
Yoel’s activity level and cardio were disastrous. He was never consistently able to capitalize on his god tier athleticism. DDP has found a way to keep imposing his athletic superiority even if it is ugly AF to watch. I keep saying he reminds me of GSP, same approach of combining athleticism and grind to break down his opponents.

Also very much agreed that DDP just doesn’t look like he’s doing that much until his opponent starts collapsing. He just keeps forcing the opponent into a clash of athleticism, rather than technique, and that eventually starts to go his way.

I can see it ….although DDP isn’t the freak that Romero was in my opinion

TS, just say you're gay. Thinly veiled threads are not fooling anyone.

Yoel had one of the best winning streaks in the history of the division. It was an 8 fight streak in the UFC, currently 1 fight longer than that of Du Plessis. You should look in the mirror.
And then?

Back