Dricus is able to keep winning despite looking awkward same reason Yoel was.... They are physically imposing genetic freaks

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
People forget Yoel was down 0-2 against Brunson.... He would be down in fights and explode and pull something out of his ass to get the win a finish most often. Dricus isnt much different. Both had awkward styles, fundamentally and technically not great fighters.......but sheer physicality allows them to overwhelm opponents with FEROCITY.

Thoughts?

MV5BNTc5ODBiNWMtMDcxMi00MTgyLWJjMzktMTYxYWU0NDA0NWYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk4MDgwNA@@._V1_.jpg

F3VxKCgXoAAov85

These 2 dont need to have the technique of mortal physical specimens like Rob, Izzy, Sean.... Poatan is a genetic freak like them too which is why hes won 2 titles in 2 years since being in UFC while not being able to grapple his way out of a paper bag

Rob was known for great cardio and Yoel was breaking him down late with physicality. Sean is a cardio demon and Dricus physicality was getting to him and we saw Sean slowing down.

I kinda agree. He reminds me of Jardine, like no way he would be effective but there he is, holding the strap. Just aggression and moving forward.

I tried breaking it down by skills required in mma:

Will he be effective in professional boxing/kick boxing/Muay Thai? No.

Will he be effective in ADCC/submission grappling/pure bjj competition? No.

The guy is winning so I should stfu.

Dricus has no rhythm. He’s physically imposing and is super aggressive, but he’s not a pretty fighter. He looked reallyyy sloppy out there and was whiffing on 80% of his loopy shots.

Sean won handily. He was consistently in control and takedowns don't mean anything if you never mount.

His cardio is better than Yoel’s. Yoel could only afford to swing 3 or 4 times a round.

This is overblown based on his strategy to be more defensive some fights.

He threw over 200 strikes in the Rob rematch. Landed well over 100. He landed 125 strikes in 3 rounds against Costa and was pacing Costa in the 3rd who was 14 years younger.

This is overblown based on his strategy to be more defensive some fights.

He threw over 200 strikes in the Rob rematch. Landed well over 100. He landed 125 strikes in 3 rounds against Costa and was pacing Costa in the 3rd who was 10 years younger.
I was exaggerating for comedic effect. More of a compliment to Dricus’ constant arm swinging and lunging over 25 minutes which I did not think he would be able to do. I’ve just seen some fights where Yoel had very economical bursts and not a lot in between. All that muscle needs oxygen.

DDP looks like has no clue at all what he's doing in there, especially on the feet, and then all of a sudden his opponent is often out cold lol.

He looks like he is shit-scared of being hit most of the time as well. He always covers up in a way that makes it look like he's cowering in fear. The way he dropped Rob with a jab was hilarious. Hit him and before Rob had even hit the deck, DDP was shrinking away with his hands over his face like he was expecting to get blasted.

Such a weird fighter lol, and now he's got 5 round cardio. These MWs are fucked.

He's actually entertaining though and not boring AF like Yoel

I think he is a lot more calculated than given credit for.

they are both muscular and explosive
but yoel aint ddp

ddp is actually better than him
ddp actually has better cardio
i say he has great cardio throwing bombs all day long
uses his wrestling more
has submissions
better pressure fighter

DDP looks like has no clue at all what he's doing in there, especially on the feet, and then all of a sudden his opponent is often out cold lol.

He looks like he is shit-scared of being hit most of the time as well. He always covers up in a way that makes it look like he's cowering in fear. The way he dropped Rob with a jab was hilarious. Hit him and before Rob had even hit the deck, DDP was shrinking away with his hands over his face like he was expecting to get blasted.

Such a weird fighter lol, and now he's got 5 round cardio. These MWs are fucked.
Yeah, I don’t agree with the decision at all, but his cardio really impressed me and his herky jerky style is hard to train for.

People forget Yoel was down 0-2 against Brunson.... He would be down in fights and explode and pull something out of his ass to get the win a finish most often. Dricus isnt much different. Both had awkward styles, fundamentally and technically not great fighters.......but sheer physicality allows them to overwhelm opponents with FEROCITY.

Thoughts?

MV5BNTc5ODBiNWMtMDcxMi00MTgyLWJjMzktMTYxYWU0NDA0NWYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk4MDgwNA@@._V1_.jpg

F3VxKCgXoAAov85

These 2 dont need to have the technique of mortal physical specimens like Rob, Izzy, Sean.... Poatan is a genetic freak like them too which is why hes won 2 titles in 2 years since being in UFC while not being able to grapple his way out of a paper bag

Rob was known for great cardio and Yoel was breaking him down late with physicality. Sean is a cardio demon and Dricus physicality was getting to him and we saw Sean slowing down.
highWay robbery

His style def isn’t pretty he pretty much just bulldozes his way in with looping punches but it does seem to work.

However I can’t help but think a pure striker like Poatan or possibly Izzy wouldn’t catch him coming in like that.

I could be wrong, DDP is on a 7 fight win streak after all.

Whatever happened to Roberto Soldic? I’d even be down for a trilogy fight with DDP in the UFC.

Besides Kamzat and Izzy I can’t think of a lot of contenders that excite me in MW right now.

Back