Media "From my first UFC fight all they ever said was "feed him to Romero!!""

man you’re overly cynical. your standard of a good fighter is almost god like. As if you expect
A good fighter only has flawless victories.
and don’t understand all losses are not created equal.
those were razor thin decisions . I thought Yoel beat Whitaker both times. Yoel probably took years off Whitaker’s career.
Costa fight was very close as well. Yoel could have easily won those fights.
costa didn’t have trouble with Uriah. He ate some
Jabs but walked right through hall.
yeah he is old. I would never bet on the 42 year old but Yoel is almost a life or death fight when you fight him.

You talk about these fighters and fights like you have no idea what you’re watching.
I'm just stating what the haters are going to say lol.

I'm not hating on Romero but I just really hope he makes weight, people have short memories, he always misses weight in these title fights, and when he has non-title fights he is always 186 and bone dry. I just pray we actually get a real title fight without weight misses.

I'm not actually hating on Romero but I do find it strange that the UFC is so gung ho on giving him title shots given his history of missing weight, plus his age.
It's one thing if the challenger misses weight, but if Romero were champion and misses weight that's just a shit show.

Granted Romero is like a perennial second best fighter in the division and a great test for everyone, but it seems a risky play.

Just hope Yoel makes weight and this fight is legit. He has missed for his last two title fights...
well he made 184.5 for his fight with Costa.... so atleast we know he's capable of making championship weight.

it's great that Israel is confident
if 100% healthy Romero show up it can go both way
but i would love an explosive Romero to get the belt he deserve

Naysayers are in a weird spot right now. They have no logical/moral reason to hate Israel but they somehow can't stand him. He is still winning and making them swallow their own shit. They are more and more pissed off but they can't say nothing. It's hilarious all together. :D

Dude, I've been an Israel doubter/hater from day one but I came to the realization that this kid is a legit talent a looonnngggg time ago. The fact that anyone here can honestly question how good Izzy is at this point in his career is purely based on... ignorance isn't a strong enough word to describe it! Oblivious is more like it, really. Methinks his scrawny physique is a trigger to many of them who want their champions to look the part a la Natty GOAT. For me, it's his annoying combination of being a Kiwi (sorta), while talking trash with an LA accent, and just generally being creepy and weird in and out of the cage.

Neither here nor there but I'm pretty sure the guy swings both ways, which sadly doesn't help a fighter's popularity among certain segments of the MMA population.

I expect it to be a great fight! I somewhat favour Romero but neither man would surprise me by winning.

Nah man, if Costa vs Romero was 5 rounds. Romero would have KO him.

Nah man, they both would've had a coronary. Costa showed a helluva beard in that one which will serve him in good stead when he faces Izzy. He'll still get stopped, but it will be a fun couple rounds before that happens.

Hard to watch. Dude on the left is like uber "bright"...his eyes, his teeth, his lips are too red.too many teeth when he smiles.... like 10 top teeth show..just odd. ..., and he is either smiling way too much or listening intently while looking like his head is completely empty. The other guy is a volkanovski lookalike almost. Maybe mixed with helwani.

Izzy is fun to watch, but he is way way bigger and more famous in his head than in reality. Hes a great fighter, but always talking about yourself like you are above everyone else and your opinions are more valid than anyone else's is cringy.. All the time saying "yeah" after most sentences is kinda cringy. I dont know, he just rubbs me the wrong way by talking like he knows everything. Like he's breaking down how everyone else doesnt know anything while he knows everything all the time.

His last time to be able to be normal...blah. guaranteed there are tons of places he could go and no one would know who he is. They may know he is famous by the cars or other flashy bling bussshit, but think he is, Basketball player or Olympic runner or something. He could easily walk down some streets dressed normal and would blend right In.

He said how he would do this and dana would fall right In with it..like he has dana figured out completely. While dana is a pink goof, he does know his shit. If it's making dollars it makes sense....corny sorry...looking forward to the costas fight, kinda makes me want romero to lose so Paulo can fight him instead of rematch. Romero fight was great, and wouldnt mind a rematch down the road, but the izzy, costa fight is big for 185.

Romero definitely won the 3rd round. Does not matter though. We will see if you are confident enough to take the AV/Sig bet when the time finally comes.
<{monica}><[analyzed}>

If he dominates Yoel, it will speak miles, because no one dominated Yoel in the UFC.

Israel nuthuggers are quick to say Yoel has shit striking, but forget that Vettori went toe to toe with Izzy striking lmao.

Does he actually though? He did go for 18 td attempts in the first Whittaker fight and 10 in the second. Yes I'm looking at UFC stats and not actually going from memory... Kind of surprising actually.

He averages 1.79 takedowns per 15 minutes. That's less than hermansson, jacare, weidman, and brunson-- the four other grapplers at MW. It's less than pretty much every wrestler that popped to my mind: edgar, mendes, jones, dc, miocic, lentz, benson, etc etc

Those whittaker fights are the exceptions, not the rule. he very rarely uses a grapple heavy gameplan and instead choses to just strike and land a short lived takedown here and there.

He averages 1.79 takedowns per 15 minutes. That's less than hermansson, jacare, weidman, and brunson-- the four other grapplers at MW.

Those whittaker fights are the exceptions, not the rule. he very rarely uses a grapple heavy gameplan and instead choses to just strike and land a short lived takedown here and there.
Yeah the first Whittaker fight he fair and square lost 3 rounds was the only time Yoel went for wrestling heavy gameplan.

Never saw that fight ... how close was it and who you thought won?

I remember watching it live and thinking Vettori won, it was a close fight. Hence the split decision. Could have went either way.

He averages 1.79 takedowns per 15 minutes. That's less than hermansson, jacare, weidman, and brunson-- the four other grapplers at MW.

Thats takedowns landed though, his td accuracy is only 31% so he actually attempts more than 3x that many. Depends on the fight though, sometimes he hardly uses his wrestling.

Thats takedowns landed though, his td accuracy is only 31% so he actually attempts more than 3x that many. Depends on the fight though, sometimes he hardly uses his wrestling.

I think the Whittaker fights skew those stats. He does go for some half hearted takedowns, but the majority of the time he is boxing, and other than the lyoto fight, he doesn't do much with the takedowns at all.

I remember watching it live and thinking Vettori won, it was a close fight. Hence the split decision. Could have went either way.

Interesting ... ill look up the fight after work.

Thanks.

You're going to be triggered when everybody mentions Yoel being 42 and losing 3 of his last 4. Either he's going to beat a 42 year old that has lost 3 of his last 4 or even worse he's going to lose to him. Then if he does beat him there's Costa who is just a big ball of muscle who had trouble with Uriah Hall. Not to mention Izzy just beat 2 Welterweights (struggled with the 1), 185 is shit and Izzy is complete trash.
Glad somebody else shares this opinion and isn’t all over Adesanya like he’s the second coming of Silva

Back