Media Francis Ngannou on the problems between himself and the UFC

Big Frank should knock Dana out cold in the octagon when Dana puts the belt on him next time. Leave the UFC on his terms and become a legend.

Then shoop Dana's KOed face into a logo and make it a symbol of a newly formed fighter's union.
He wont have any money left after that.

i don't mean that he should kiss ass, but maybe he shouldn't be so openly trying to fuck with them. he can't win like that in my opinion, cuz nobody does vs the UFC especially when you're a champion with the champion clause, they have you by the nuts. but maybe he could've gotten a Conor type of deal.

Why would he get a Conor type of deal? Is there any indication he pulls PPV numbers like Conor does?

He has been treated like shit since the Stipe-DC trilogy, barely given a fight a year and wasting his prime. He knows he is worth more than the 500K-500K per fight they offer.
There are plenty of broke retired company men, being nice with Dana doesn't bring you much.

If Ngannou is a free agent, Eddie Hearn would sign him in a heartbeat, and he will make 3x his UFC career earning in a single boxing fight. The top boxers would rush to fight him because it's the best value for money they can get.
Isnt he getting PPV points? Conor, the biggest name in MMA still doesnt get boxing type purses, he signs for 2-3 million and then makes the rest in PPV, im not taking the UFC side, but to make real money they need real PPV sales too, paying them 500k is cheap for a champion but thats not all they are going to get, also champs almost never have show/win money.

Why would he get a Conor type of deal? Is there any indication he pulls PPV numbers like Conor does?

the future is uncertain. i'm pretty sure nobody thought Conor was going to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. until it happened. you never know what could happen. but when you piss your boss off who has you by the balls and is a widely known spiteful asshole, well the future is rather certain then, isn't it?

Another millionaire fighter "charity" case. :rolleyes:

UFC doesn't pay him enough? not my problem

If he wants more money -- he needs to build his brand.

Dude has choices...

Are they really? I'd say most aren't, but some give in and accept their fate because it's too costly to fight it. Some sit out or retire. And if they worked with the ufc, truthfully the ufc would take a massive undeserving chunk because they own him.

well you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. there's no winning, it's more or less what's going to be less losing.

The little video they did of Ngannou showing him dressed in suits and making it seem like he was a primadonna was straight out of WWE. Pathetic.

If UFC offers you a fight, you take it no matter what or else you are a sport killer and the "don't want to fight".

yeah but why Ngannou? they didn't like Stipe either and they didn't make WWE vignettes of him looking like an asshole.

the future is uncertain. i'm pretty sure nobody thought Conor was going to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. until it happened. you never know what could happen. but when you piss your boss off who has you by the balls and is a widely known spiteful asshole, well the future is rather certain then, isn't it?

Yes, but people don't get deals based on the uncertainty of what the future might hold. They get deals based on projection for the future based on in the past established figures, at best.

After seeing that thread about the negotiation tactics of Joe Silva and all those shit "fight offers" just to get them to extend the contrat, it's not surprising at all this shit is happening with Ngannou.

Surprises me thought when he says something like "don't know when my contract ends.". It's the only thing you do, your job, you should know. This gets me thinking if what he's talking about is really what happened or just some tale his manager told him. I know the UFC is pretty shady about contracts and negotiations, but it's not like managers are good guys either. They do cheat fighters all the time.

Gotta be some sort of UFC record - UFC and Ngannou turned on each other almost immediatly after the title changed hands

After seeing that thread about the negotiation tactics of Joe Silva and all those shit "fight offers" just to get them to extend the contrat, it's not surprising at all this shit is happening with Ngannou.

Surprises me thought when he says something like "don't know when my contract ends.". It's the only thing you do, your job, you should know. This gets me thinking if what he's talking about is really what happened or just some tale his manager told him. I know the UFC is pretty shady about contracts and negotiations, but it's not like managers are good guys either. They do cheat fighters all the time.

Yeah, that bit stuck out to me too. As well as the claim the UFC told him July/August was impossible then offered him a fight in August. Maybe he just got confused.

But its weird how everyone just takes his word that he accepted the September date to fight Lewis. According to Lewis's manager, they didn't. And obviously, Lewis wanted to fight the real champ for the real belt, a guy he already beat. So I don't think his manager is lying about Ngannou's camp turning down the September date.

Big Frank should knock Dana out cold in the octagon when Dana puts the belt on him next time. Leave the UFC on his terms and become a legend.

Then shoop Dana's KOed face into a logo and make it a symbol of a newly formed fighter's union.
He would be barred from fighting, the lawsuit would take everything he made for the fight, and everything he owns, and his family would likely starve if he couldn’t get his job back at the sand mines

But its weird how everyone just takes his word that he accepted the September date to fight Lewis. According to Lewis's manager, they didn't. And obviously, Lewis wanted to fight the real champ for the real belt, a guy he already beat. So I don't think his manager is lying about Ngannou's camp turning down the September date.
Both his coach Erick Nicksick and his manager Marquel Martin have told the exact same story, plus I think Dewey Cooper. So Ngannou's story is backed up.

Lewis' camp are probably not lying but they couldn't have first hand knowledge of that. The UFC could have told them whatever they wanted in order to have a main event for UFC 265. And it makes sense: if Lewis camp had known Ngannou was available in September, they would have chosen to fight him for the real belt.

He would be barred from fighting, the lawsuit would take everything he made for the fight, and everything he owns, and his family would likely starve if he couldn’t get his job back at the sand mines

He wont have any money left after that.

That's why it's a joke :)
My Sherdudes, you shouldn't treat every post as a dead serious post.

That's why it's a joke :)
My Sherdudes, you shouldn't treat every post as a dead serious post.
You caught me. I’ve been really tense lately
inline_image_preview.jpg

Yes, but people don't get deals based on the uncertainty of what the future might hold. They get deals based on projection for the future based on in the past established figures, at best.

what i meant by the future is uncertain, is that he could become a draw. instead of focusing on trying to fight the UFC, which never works, he should focus on trying to become a bigger draw. that's the only way that any fighter has ever gained leverage over the UFC, or at least some negotiating power.

it's the Max Holloway approach. before Max got his first title shot, he was constantly being passed over. i'm pretty sure he has the longest win streak of any UFC fighter to not get a title shot. he went on some crazy 9-10 win streak before he even smelled a title shot. then they made him fight the champion twice, once in the champs home country. lots of UFC fighters and fans would've looked at that as unfair treatment, and it was, but he didn't complain. he just kept his nose to the grind stone and kept winning. he knew, if you keep winning they can't deny you.

Ngannou is in a perfect position to do that. his division is weak, he's destroyed most of the contenders, all he needs to do is beat Gane and literally the only fight that would make sense for him is Jon Jones. after that, the sky is the limit if he gets that fight and wins it. he'd have defeated arguably the greatest MMA fighter of all time. that's something that he can use to market himself and his brand.

obviously all of this is just conjecture on my part, but he has opportunities before him that not many other UFC fighters do. he has a clear path to superstardom. it seems kind of like he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

It should be illegal what the UFC is doing. Sick sick motherfuckers. That's exactly why Dana never went into boxing. The very same tactics would be illegal in boxing.

Huge Gane fan, but god damn it they're treating big frank like shit. Fuck Dana.

Yeah, that bit stuck out to me too. As well as the claim the UFC told him July/August was impossible then offered him a fight in August. Maybe he just got confused.

Dude I really like you, but I think when it comes to Ngannou I think you are driven by some kind of agenda. Since the interim title announced you seem to have taken this stance of dissing Ngannou by any chance given.

I mean come on seriously? It has already been established that UFC lies & they have lied with Ngannou too. So why are you so hell bent on taking Dana's word regarding this drama over Ngannou's?

Back