Media Francis Ngannou on the problems between himself and the UFC

Le cliffs sil vouz plaise?
In short :The UFC really did him dirty.

• Straight after his last win, the UFC offered him a fight in June knowing it was impossible due to visa renewal obligations (you have to leave the US to apply for visa), UFC also told him July-August was impossible. And they immediately sent an extension letter due to him "declining an offer".
  • So he went to Cameroon expecting not to fight before September.
  • Then they offered him August, and he couldn't
  • They offered him September, he replied he would fight whoever, wherever, but instead they booked the interim fight and sent him another contract extension letter.
  • And on top of that, they put on the interim promo video clips about him not wanting to fight.
  • All along and still now, they also tried to make him sign a new contract, but negotiations failed. He believes the UFC dodgy "fights offers" are a way to pressure him to sign the contract on their terms.
  • He doesn't know exactly when his contract ends because of all the small writings extension clauses. Officially it ended in May 2021, but champion clauses have extended it. He is not sure he will a free agent after UFC 270.
  • He doesn't blame Gane at all for the interim belt. They are not close, and have not trained together for a long time but think he is a nice guy.

Big Frank should knock Dana out cold in the octagon when Dana puts the belt on him next time. Leave the UFC on his terms and become a legend.

Then shoop Dana's KOed face into a logo and make it a symbol of a newly formed fighter's union.

Last edited:
They want to lock him down in their slave contract system and will use their tactics to get it done.. It's just business. But at some point this shadiness needs to be stopped and made illegal.

but i mean, a lot of champions are ok with this. i wonder why Ngannou isn't? is it because he really wants to fight in boxing? if that's the case working with the UFC could make it happen more than not working with them. especially since Dana is spiteful.

i wonder why UFC is doing him dirty. he seems like a marketable champion
Negotiation tactics, they want him to sign a new contract before he gets too much leverage so they can lowball him.
Right now they are betting the house on Gane winning in January, because they know that Gane's management will play by their rules. Gane's manager, who is also coach, gym owner and runs a MMA promotion (ARES) needs to be on Dana White's friend list so he can place his fighters (like Alan Baudot, who got signed with a mediocre record) .
Ngannou is managed by CAA, a big artist agency, and they will not sacrifice their client's interests to please the UFC.

but i mean, a lot of champions are ok with this. i wonder why Ngannou isn't? is it because he really wants to fight in boxing? if that's the case working with the UFC could make it happen more than not working with them. especially since Dana is spiteful.
He has been treated like shit since the Stipe-DC trilogy, barely given a fight a year and wasting his prime. He knows he is worth more than the 500K-500K per fight they offer.
There are plenty of broke retired company men, being nice with Dana doesn't bring you much.

If Ngannou is a free agent, Eddie Hearn would sign him in a heartbeat, and he will make 3x his UFC career earning in a single boxing fight. The top boxers would rush to fight him because it's the best value for money they can get.

He has been treated like shit since the Stipe-DC trilogy, barely given a fight a year and wasting his prime. He knows he is worth more than the 500K-500K per fight they offer.
There are plenty of broke retired company men, being nice with Dana doesn't bring you much.

If Ngannou is a free agent, Eddie Hearn would sign him in a heartbeat, and he will make 3x his UFC career earning in a single boxing fight. The top boxers would rush to fight him because it's the best value for money they can get.

i don't mean that he should kiss ass, but maybe he shouldn't be so openly trying to fuck with them. he can't win like that in my opinion, cuz nobody does vs the UFC especially when you're a champion with the champion clause, they have you by the nuts. but maybe he could've gotten a Conor type of deal.

Are they really? I'd say most aren't, but some give in and accept their fate because it's too costly to fight it. Some sit out or retire. And if they worked with the ufc, truthfully the ufc would take a massive undeserving chunk because they own him.

The little video they did of Ngannou showing him dressed in suits and making it seem like he was a primadonna was straight out of WWE. Pathetic.

If UFC offers you a fight, you take it no matter what or else you are a sport killer and the "don't want to fight".

Back