Media Daniel Cormier defends the UFC regarding Francis Ngannou

I respected DC as a fighter. But since he is not fighting anymore, it seems he takes to much time with the bald goof.
If he licks Dana´s dick to often its no wonder he thinks fans are dumb and stupid.

But on the other hand: if I read some threads or comments on sherdog it´s no wonder to think that way.......

nggano wasn’t worth what he was asking from ufc. ultimately francis’s ppv numbers vindicated ufc’s concerns. idk why some people think everybody needs to be a francis fan.

Does DC think fans are stupid? The UFC publicly disparaged Francis. They said he’s not worth the money he asked for, they said he wouldn’t amount to anything without the UFC. Dana openly taunted Francis and basically told him his career is over. The UFC also pushed the narrative that Francis left to avoid Jon Jones.

DC said similar things in a less harsh way. DC said Ngannou needed to “bite the bullet” and return to the UFC. Said there’s not much opportunity for Francis without them. Now all of sudden people want to act like they’re proud of Ngannou and it’s a huge achievement for the sport. Even though they criticized and doubted Francis the entire time… It’s shameful.

And the point remains, "HE IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY HE WAS ASKING FOR"
What is so complicated about this that you shertards just can't seem to grasp?

UFC offered him crazy money to fight Jones...but wouldn't let him box... Considering there a MMa promotion and the last boxing trial was kinda embarrassing for MMA conor Vs Mayweather... They didnt want to do it...

Francis didn't want to take the deal...so he was under his rights to move on and did ..so he could box and do MMA elsewhere..and he did great for himself..

Why would the UFC be affected by anything Francis does lol .. they already made lots of money off Francis...

I think its just weird financial fans blowing up about this that they somehow think the UFC is going broke cuz Francis boxed once lol...
Wow... we agree on something! Lol

It's true though. I honestly think people are too emotional and their common sense is clouded.

Corporations: make record revenue off the backs of the workers
Workers: I want a raise
Corporations: No
Let me ask you this, if you were in Dana's shoes would you give the fighters the pay they ask for?

The UFC and it’s figureheads (Dana, Joe Silva etc.) have a proven track record and history of being petty pieces of shit. It’s been proven in court documents through discovery and it’s been talked about for fifteen years or so.

So no, they aren’t happy that their HW champion didn’t just play ball with them and accept everything the UFC offered him. They tried to lowball a guy who had everything going for him and decided to see things through. Then Ngannou took the ball and went home

<31>

Everyone talked about how he made a huge mistake, but it was just Ngannou betting on himself and making the most of it. Exactly what the sport needed. Fuck all that locking your athletes with all restricting contracts, low-balling fighters and throwing them under the bus the moment they see fit.

The UFC looks like the bitter ex who tried to look indifferent, failed, and now tries to spin it to make it look like they didn’t fail and were never bitter

<WhatItIs>

nggano wasn’t worth what he was asking from ufc. ultimately francis’s ppv numbers vindicated ufc’s concerns. idk why some people think everybody needs to be a francis fan.
It wasn't even an event that was supposed to sell PPV's in USA. Why would anyone feel vindicated off of that? He was the B-side against a British heavyweight at a fight that came on at 12 PM Eastern or something. UFC PPV's do terrible on that time slot also.

Could just as easily say Ngannou got more talk than whatever UFC PPV was on that month (which is actually true).

Does DC think fans are stupid? The UFC publicly disparaged Francis. They said he’s not worth the money he asked for, they said he wouldn’t amount to anything without the UFC. Dana openly taunted Francis and basically told him his career is over. The UFC also pushed the narrative that Francis left to avoid Jon Jones.

DC said similar things in a less harsh way. DC said Ngannou needed to “bite the bullet” and return to the UFC. Said there’s not much opportunity for Francis without them. Now all of sudden people want to act like they’re proud of Ngannou and it’s a huge achievement for the sport. Even though they criticized and doubted Francis the entire time… It’s shameful.

I agree that they've changed their tune on him radically and all of a sudden but what is also true is that there was no way for them to foresee that he would turn out to be so good at boxing and that Fury wouldn't show up on that night.

Only way UFC is honest / legitmate about Francis is when they concede their bullshit paper belt of a 0-0 HW vs kickboxer with 0 grappling was a farce when Francis was the undisputed king. Which they will never, ever do.
Well, he works for the UFC and their default position on this question is "VERY", so yes.
DC fan here... but ultimately this, sadly.

They aren't paying you enough for this complete nonsense. Dana was literally shitting on the matchup pre-fight and saying that crossover fights are stupid and a waste of time (which is ridiculous considering he has put on the same type of fights).

Almost every post of yours is a blatant lie or false claim on behalf of Dana. You can't be that consistently wrong. Even Dana doesn't lie that much.
Haha. I just stopped in here to see how long it took before I found @markg171 swinging on the UFC's balls. It was page 2 - he was late. 😆

Haha. I just stopped in here to see how long it took before I found @markg171 swinging on the UFC's balls. It was page 2 - he was late. 😆
There's 2 other "You are always inherently indebted to your employers" posters you can also find about this thread and every other thread like it, see if you can spot them.

My main culprit on this  used to be Yrat, but at least he was as much a troll as he was an idiot.

Ironically, you'll often hear them talk about how "real men" should act as they lick boots. And unironically, they're dumb as bricks

Last edited:
Let me ask you this, if you were in Dana's shoes would you give the fighters the pay they ask for?
Its not in the UFC's interest to create stars anymore. Even though creating stars helped to propel the company into the mainstream consciousness. It's a pretty funny contradiction. Someone who is worth that much pay wouldn't get it from the UFC even though their fame would bring eyes to the sport. They want control of their fighters in as many aspects as possible.

Personally I'd like to see individual sponsors brought back. Dana was a complete hypocrite saying "oh we don't want their shorts to look like NASCAR" then they puke all the UFC sponsors all over the octagon. Really so easy to see through that bullshit; they wanted the money the fighters were making. The UFC makes hundreds of millions from their sponsors. They can live with their fighter getting 50k from their own sponsor.

Thank you for perfectly proving my point from page 2:

The UFC hasn't said anything about Francis in like 10 months. They don't give a shit, that's the entire point of moving on with new champions.

The only bitter people living in the past about the split are the Francis side apparently.

I love Big Frank as much as the next guy but he was never worth the requests he demanded at the time . Expecting a billion dollar promotion to scrap an entire sponsorship deal at the request of one guy is business suicide.

The narrative that Francis left to avoid JBJ is obviously horseshit, neither avoided the other. The situations just never alligned.

As more and more time passes, it seems like Jones and his performances will prove that Ngannou was correct to avoid Jones. If I was forced to give my answer today, I would say that Ngannou absolutely ducked Jones (an elite assassin that was known for being in the Light Heavyweight Division).

Cyril captured the INTERIM UFC Heavyweight Championship.

Ngannou is 1-0 against Cyril. Even though it's true that Ngannou eliminated Cyril, it was a competitive decision.

Jones, on the other hand, murdered Cyril. It looked like it was easy for him. Furthermore, Jones was even dancing after he eliminated Cyril.

In a way, we still have to see what the 2024 iteration of the Heavyweight Division can do or can't do against Jones.

Jones is currently the UFC Heavyweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Jones is 1-0 against Cyril.

White is the face of the UFC, and whatever he says in public represents the official opinion of the UFC, NOT what cormier says.

Everything White says here is either a lie or schadenfreude
  • "If you don't want to be here, you don't have to be here" (except we removed the sunset clause after losing Ngannou, so you can't leave until we allow it)
  • "Ngannou is in a place right now where he doesn't want to take a lot of risk" <45>
  • "He feels like he's in a good position where he could fight lesser opponents and make more money"
  • "So we're going to let him do that" (as if White had a choice, outside of legal harassment)
  • "He's (Ngannou) got it in his head that there's bigger opportunities outside the UFC with lesser opponents"

And the point remains, "HE IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY HE WAS ASKING FOR"
What is so complicated about this that you shertards just can't seem to grasp?

Why do you sound so hurt? Leaving the UFC gave Ngannou the opportunity to make life changing money. Francis > UFC

The UFC was quietly throwing shade at Ngannou but I can definitely seeing them start praising him now. Which is what Sherdoggers have been doing as well.
I mean, I was of the opinion that Francis leaving the UFC was a fucking stupid move but he proved me wrong and I have no problem eating crow because of that.
Still, I don't like it. I don't want the good fighters scattered all around in different orgs, I don't like boxing and I don't care how much money they earn. Good for him, I don't wish him bad, but I really don't get why people here are circlejerking about Francis like they are getting the millions or something.

It wasn't even an event that was supposed to sell PPV's in USA. Why would anyone feel vindicated off of that? He was the B-side against a British heavyweight at a fight that came on at 12 PM Eastern or something. UFC PPV's do terrible on that time slot also.

Could just as easily say Ngannou got more talk than whatever UFC PPV was on that month (which is actually true).
stop. francis was fighting one of the biggest stars in boxing. tyson could have fought a literal nobody and pulled similar numbers. fact is, frank was a literal nobody to boxing fans, and people who heard of him expected him to lose. the good news is frank massively overperformed in the ring, so he’ll probably be more of a draw going forward.

that’s not a knock on frank of course. he believed in himself. he should believe in himself.

Back