Media Daniel Cormier defends the UFC regarding Francis Ngannou

Corrado Soprano

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score

Does DC think fans are stupid? The UFC publicly disparaged Francis. They said he’s not worth the money he asked for, they said he wouldn’t amount to anything without the UFC. Dana openly taunted Francis and basically told him his career is over. The UFC also pushed the narrative that Francis left to avoid Jon Jones.

DC said similar things in a less harsh way. DC said Ngannou needed to “bite the bullet” and return to the UFC. Said there’s not much opportunity for Francis without them. Now all of sudden people want to act like they’re proud of Ngannou and it’s a huge achievement for the sport. Even though they criticized and doubted Francis the entire time… It’s shameful.

Does DC think fans are stupid? The UFC publicly disparaged Francis. They said he’s not worth the money he asked for, they said he wouldn’t amount to anything without the UFC. Dana openly taunted Francis and basically told him his career is over. The UFC also pushed the narrative that Francis left to avoid Jon Jones.

DC said similar things in a less harsh way. DC said Ngannou needed to “bite the bullet” and return to the UFC. Said there’s not much opportunity for Francis without them. Now all of sudden people want to act like they’re proud of Ngannou and it’s a huge achievement for the sport. Even though they criticized and doubted Francis the entire time… It’s shameful.

I love Big Frank as much as the next guy but he was never worth the requests he demanded at the time . Expecting a billion dollar promotion to scrap an entire sponsorship deal at the request of one guy is business suicide.

The narrative that Francis left to avoid JBJ is obviously horseshit, neither avoided the other. The situations just never alligned.

Casual viewer was been make up 95% of viewership according to my estimation so with this was have been said, typically they was forget 99 - 100% of context in historical so UFC can claim any narrative which was consider free agent.

Expect Ngannou his name to be ok in saying on broadcast now, but with aura of "is Bones Jon powerful enough on regard to #battle so that he was to withstand the #BigBlackCombatant?" rather than praise for his sheer #Masculine nature.

dd14d0da9f4d4352e54ef6d364050ec3.gif

#IsJustBusiness #YouFakeTilYouMake #CredibleCormier

Last edited:
You can't blame DC too much, his living depends on sucking UFC tallywhacker

This is #VeryTrue . Just like the sex worker who was do shameful act but they also receive payment so is relatable. So many not #Esteemed poster here was been complain on fighter pay but also they become anger when DC do his post-combat duties because they was having been seeing it as shameful.

edit: Grammar

ah yes the talking points from Dana have finally arrived in DC and Bisping's inboxes. Be sure to review them carefully and upload shill videos accordingly fellas.
Complete shills. And they wonder why their respect is waning lol.

I personally thought Ngannou was signing up to take a beating and cash out his credibility for a big payday, so I can't criticize anyone else for thinking the exact same thing. I also wasn't excited to see Frank in the PFL figthing whoever they could scrape up from the bottom of the barrel. So I don't think any of the shade thrown at him was unfair, so much as it was incorrect.

I think anyone besides Francis who says they believed whole heartedly that this is how that fight was going to go is lying.

I'm sure today, the UFC brass is pretty happy about a million headlines and articles claiming a UFC or former UFC champion beat up Tyson Fury. The PR for the UFC is probably better than the PR for the PFL. So I think DC may be kinda honest about this lifting the sport.

They said he’s not worth the money he asked for

He may not have been worth the money for the UFC. By all accounts this event was paid for with Saudi oil money and the financeers didn't care at all if they lost every dime they spent. So if the PPV numbers weren't great (which they likely aren't), no harm no foul. But the UFC is property of a publicly traded company now and they can't knowingly lose money on events.

I think this event was promoted in a pretty unique way that worked well for the fighters, but wasn't a good fit for the UFC's business model. I don't think it represents the windfall that people seem to be implying the UFC is mad about missing out on.

Last edited:
dc always talks out of both sides of his mouth.

it is hard to be a ufc company man and a dude witih morals at the same time.

Of course the UFC is upset

Otherwise, how about a congratulatory post from UFC to their former HW Champion then?

Maybe let Dana tweet a "Thank You" to Ngannou for "uplifting the sport"?

I'll wait

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back