Foot or Shin?

Kyryllo said:
And here is a pic of CC's bodyshot against Magomedov that lead to a KO. I think now it's clear that you can KO someone with the instep.
Here's another one:

mirkovov1.jpg

Well, after BBN tells him to

1) Stop chambering his kicks and
2) not kick with the instep,

CroCop will finally start kicking like a man. Cause quite frankly, even a beginner knows that what he does is all wrong and stuff.

And BTW, that kick was all metatarsals. The torque broke CroCop's foot because he ankle-locked himself. He had to stop his career. Or something like that. I know it's true, I read it on Sherdog.

Evil Eye Gouger said:
There are perks that go with broken bones. I can still feel strong changes in weather and athmospheric pressure in my bones, believe it or not. The part that was broken starts tingling and hurting slightly -- like these old people with arthritis or something.

I can't say that it feels weaker, though.

If it limits my mobility, flexibility, and it hurts all the damn time, Id call it a weakness...my left ankle is the same damn way....I have less range of motion in it, and it definitely feels weaker than before...I did...whatever I did to it.

I used to fight outta ankle locks like nothing...now if my ankle gets twisted the wrong way, I tap like a bitch.

Evil Eye Gouger said:
Here's another one:

mirkovov1.jpg

Well, after BBN tells him to

1) Stop chambering his kicks and
2) not kick with the instep,

CroCop will finally start kicking like a man. Cause quite frankly, even a beginner knows that what he does is all wrong and stuff.

And BTW, that kick was all metatarsals. The torque broke CroCop's foot because he ankle-locked himself. He had to stop his career. Or something like that. I know it's true, I read it on Sherdog.

you twist my words

I never said you defnitely cannot kick w/ the instep. I said instep does not work for heavy targets such as heavy bag, the leg, body. I explained why this is.

Second, earlier you said I tried to use science to prove TMA sucks. Again, you twist my words. The bone thing was going tangent; I was ultimately saying that when kickboxers "condition their shins" they are primarily desensitizing their shins. Condition doesn't mean they make em harder. It means they condition them for pain. That's why kickboxers when they take a huge break, they have to recondition their shins. If "conditioning" is bone depth, then kickboxers who took a long break would not have to recondition since bones rarely get weaker.

I will take twisted's advice and stop posting on this thread. There are many many people here who advocate shin kicking and discourage instep kicking to heavy targets, but four specific people specifically flame me and no one else, as if i'm the ambassador of this or something. This is obviously more of a flame at me than a discussion.

I am amused by the pattern of how EEG and kryollo earlie this thread callec my knowledge stupid. then as the thread got bigger, it is clear that more people agree w/ what I was taught than what these two believe. Fact of the matter is what I said was not as stupid as these two (or three) claim it is. This observation is just more proof these two never meant a discussion to happen but rather just flame at me.

Oh yea one thing. About the science stuff

I admit I don't know much about that bone stuff. I thought about why I thought that, and I think I confused two things my doctor told me 1) "Bones, like any tissue, can scar" then another time when I asked about a scar I got from glass cuts he said 2) "scars are always weaker than the original." My expertise is molecular. I said all that bone stuff b/c you two were badgering answers the hell out of me that I couldn't provide. And now theres more twisting and badgering, centered on yours truly. And EEG, I never even attempted to "use science to bash TMA." I don't know how you think me talking about bones scarring has anything to do w/ bashing TMA.

I really don't know what your obsession w/ bashing me is. I'm not wrong, and even if I am, my ideas represent the majority school of beliefs on sherdog. and This is very clear if you read all the opinions of this thread. Even though I am correct on the foot breaking thing, you create off topic subjects in order to do some senseless flaming. I'm leaving this thread so you better choose another person to keyboard warrior over. Bash and tell the guy above me foot kicking is wrong, or the guy above him, or the guy above that one.

Man, it's simple, kick however you want, there is no perfert way to do anything in MMA. People can get on saying the foot has better range, or shin is more powerful but none of that matters if it doesn't work for the person doing it. So ya, come here and discuss your ideas and things that work for you but no one has to come here and bash someone just because they are pro shins because that is how they either learned or like to do it. I've said this b4, I am a TKD guy myself, and I am all about the foot but I also swich to a muay thai style shin kick to the legs cause I feel it works better that a chambered round but thats just me. So lets stop fighting and start posting tips so I can use em and KTFO of the next guy i fight in tourni lol..

btw, nice pics of CC doing his thing,, can you guys post so more...

BlackBeltNow said:
I am amused by the pattern of how EEG and kryollo earlie this thread callec my knowledge stupid. then as the thread got bigger, it is clear that more people agree w/ what I was taught than what these two believe. Fact of the matter is what I said was not as stupid as these two (or three) claim it is. This observation is just more proof these two never meant a discussion to happen but rather just flame at me.
This is not a popularity contest, dude. You're either right or you're wrong.

As for the science and bashing you -- dude, you make invading threads and bashing every TMA in existence into an artform. Not just this thread. What makes you different from others is that you try to present it like some sort of scientific argument, and you basically don't have a clue what you're talking about. You got told that chambering is bad, so you come here and tell everyone how chambering is crap and attempt to give some "scientific" explanation. You do this all the time. You are convinced that not chambering is faster, and you attempted to justify that too, always with weak and convoluted arguments. Just give it up already.

Evil Eye Gouger said:
This is not a popularity contest, dude. You're either right or you're wrong.

As for the science and bashing you -- dude, you make invading threads and bashing every TMA in existence into an artform. Not just this thread. What makes you different from others is that you try to present it like some sort of scientific argument, and you basically don't have a clue what you're talking about. You got told that chambering is bad, so you come here and tell everyone how chambering is crap and attempt to give some "scientific" explanation. You do this all the time. You are convinced that not chambering is faster, and you attempted to justify that too, always with weak and convoluted arguments. Just give it up already.

oh really? this is my first post of this thread:
shin. kick w/ ur foot as hard on a bag as you claim, and it would have been broken by now.

this is you and kyrollos IMMEDIATE response
LOL.

Dude, you come up with the most inventive shit on this board.

If you manage to break your foot on the heavy bag, you and your mother should have drunk a whole lot more milk than you did.
I can go througha baseball bat with my instep, it's a matter of conditioning, shins are easier to condition then feet though.
And BBN please shut up. You know about anathomy and biomechanics less then a nun about fist-fucking.
Not a popularity contest? Sounds like mindless flaming to me.

BlackBeltNow said:
oh really? this is my first post of this thread:

this is you and kyrollos IMMEDIATE response

Not a popularity contest? Sounds like mindless flaming to me.
Dude, I've been hitting the heavy bag REALLY FUCKING HARD for many years now. So have many other people. I've never broken anything and I have weak ankles to boot from football and basketball in my childhood.

Why don't you stop claiming such ridiculous things? Aren't you ashamed? Why does every kicking thread have to start with you coming and saying that only Muay Thai fighters know how to kick and everybody else is weak and wrong?

Hey, here's a statement for you: If you kick hard Thai style, your balls will shrivel and fall off. The reason we don't see this is because Thai stylists don't hit hard. PROOF.

I always get a lot more snap with the top of my foot, that makes me think it is more powerful, but it depends on which discipline you study or train. I think that generally you can cause more damage if you are able to effectively connect with your shin.

Did bagwork today; threw a couple hundred roudhouse kicks, connecting with my instep (as I have year after year) hard enough to move what is essentially a 225-pound hi-impact plastic column wrapped in a couple inches of foam off of it's center of gravity and shifting it dozens of times.

Yet, miraculously, my feet remain unbroken. In fact, they're not even a wee bit sore.

There are two possible explanations for this. I invite everyone here to speculate which one is correct:

1) I am possessed of a rare, genetically-advanced, super-human bone structure which makes me impervious to injuries that other mere mortals would surely suffer.

2) Connecting with the instep, when done properly, works well.

Gregster said:
Did bagwork today; threw a couple hundred roudhouse kicks, connecting with my instep (as I have year after year) hard enough to move what is essentially a 225-pound hi-impact plastic column wrapped in a couple inches of foam off of it's center of gravity and shifting it dozens of times.

Yet, miraculously, my feet remain unbroken. In fact, they're not even a wee bit sore.

There are two possible explanations for this. I invite everyone here to speculate which one is correct:

1) I am possessed of a rare, genetically-advanced, super-human bone structure which makes me impervious to injuries that other mere mortals would surely suffer.

2) Connecting with the instep, when done properly, works well.
I think you're not hitting it hard enough. If you hit the bag in BBN's gym, you'd ankle lock yourself.

And if you, god forbid, hit a liver with that instep, your foot would fall off. Word.

Evil Eye Gouger said:
I think you're not hitting it hard enough. If you hit the bag in BBN's gym, you'd ankle lock yourself.

And if you, god forbid, hit a liver with that instep, your foot would fall off. Word.

So you're saying I'm *not* a potential superhero?

Fuck!

again...for the record, I for one have never made any claims that kicking a bag would injure your foot, nor kicking someone in the body, or even the skull on most occasions--I did say that kicking someones elbow or knee point damn sure could.

also, when I kick the bag, and hit it on the instep with my bad ankle, I DO kinda ankle lock myself...or toe hold myself....that would be more accurate....it doesnt hurt bad, but I definitely feel it...especially later if Ive been kicking the bag frequently, and miss with my shin a lot.

Id also like to add that I come from a TMA background....I did everything from Karate to Tai Chi Chuan when I was a kid, so Ive kicked just about every way you could possibly kick.....

I dont recommend kicking someone with a knife edge foot either.

Evil Eye Gouger said:
Why don't you stop claiming such ridiculous things? Aren't you ashamed?

of course not. my stance represents the majority opinon here if you forgot. your sarcasm is the only thing close to making me feel bad about myself.

BlackBeltNow said:
of course not. my stance represents the majority opinon here if you forgot. your sarcasm is the only thing close to making me feel bad about myself.
Well, the majority of people thought the sun would rotate around the earth and put to death everyone who tried to tell the oposite. Go figure.

Kyryllo said:
Well, the majority of people thought the sun would rotate around the earth and put to death everyone who tried to tell the oposite. Go figure.

i can't believe you said that.

BlackBeltNow said:
i can't believe you said that.
I thought you were a big fan of analogizing arguements. :rolleyes:

If there is a majority that follows the same assumption, it doesn't mean the assumption is correct. Since no one of them could bring up any plausible arguementation that would prove their point. And your poor attempts to invent something semi-plausible were just ridiculous, so that they even made my point, with which I'm by far not alone, even stronger.

TwIsTeD&BrOkEn said:
again...for the record, I for one have never made any claims that kicking a bag would injure your foot, nor kicking someone in the body, or even the skull on most occasions--I did say that kicking someones elbow or knee point damn sure could.

also, when I kick the bag, and hit it on the instep with my bad ankle, I DO kinda ankle lock myself...or toe hold myself....that would be more accurate....it doesnt hurt bad, but I definitely feel it...especially later if Ive been kicking the bag frequently, and miss with my shin a lot.

Id also like to add that I come from a TMA background....I did everything from Karate to Tai Chi Chuan when I was a kid, so Ive kicked just about every way you could possibly kick.....

I dont recommend kicking someone with a knife edge foot either.

For the record: I for one do not believe you tried to claim that hitting a heavybag with the instep would ultimately lead to injury. Furthermore, my sarcasm is not directed towards you; I've disagreed with you before, but agree with more and in either case respect your opinion since you strike me as one the guys on this board who actually knows what the hell he's talking about.

For that matter, I don't disagree with you completely in this thread. Yes, catching the point of someone's elbow with your instep sucks. I should know, I've done it enough times (and have used the tactic of pulling my guard in tight and my elbows low to discourage a flurry of roundhouse kicks when sparring). I'll even grant that kicking with the shin might be better; if my current plans come together, I'll know soon enough (I've been meaning to head down to a local school to start BJJ and Vale Tudo, like I said, but damned if stuff at work keeps coming up).

Back