Foot or Shin?

Sounds painful, try just kicking heavy bags, once it gets to ez, leave it out in the rain till it fills with water and gets super heavy, then kick that lol

I have broken my foot kicking someone! I judged my range wrong and he checked my foot...

mescalito said:
I've never broken my entire foot but I have broken all ten of my toes. The worst time was when I threw a left lowkick at a sparring partner and he backed up just enough so that my toes clipped his kneecap. I broke my big toe and the two next to it on that one.
I've never broken my shin on someone else though and when it lands it hurts, so I'd say go with the shin. Make sure to condition your shins. Sparring without shingaurds always helped me. Nightly I beat my shins with a rolling pin and roll it across the knots, then rubbing them out with Tiger Balm. Start slow and give your shins time to heal, eventually the nerves will be dulled and you won't have nearly as much feeling in them.

how did u break ten toes from one injured foot? typo? you mean five toes right

anyway thanks for the two stories (you and the guy above this post). i don't care what these foot kickers say. theory vs practice. theory bones get strong and foot is conditionable. i know in practice this isn't true. they're pushing their luck and/or haven't kicked hard enough

I don't have much experience in the philosophy or theory of striking/kicking, nor have I taken any specific classes in it.

Basically, I have a heavy bag (100lbs) that is sand, that I got for punching, and kicking, because I like to box, but I also wanted to improve my kicks.

The bottom, as you all probably know, is very hard (it's a fucking sand bag).

I had to learn to kick only with my shin, because kicking the hard bottom part of my sand bag with my instep, hurt like a bitch, and I could not run for a courple days.

Idunno if it's just because of not having conditioned my instep, or what, but that's just my observation: That it's better to kick with the shin, atleast for leg kicks, especially if it's checked by the other persons shin/knee/elbow because those all resemble the hardness of my bag.

But, I mean, kicking with your foot will be fine on every other part I think.

BlackBeltNow said:

anyway thanks for the two stories (you and the guy above this post). i don't care what these foot kickers say. theory vs practice. theory bones get strong and foot is conditionable. i know in practice this isn't true. they're pushing their luck and/or haven't kicked hard enough

I still haven't seen anybody claiming to have broken their ankle or instep by landing a body kick. That was your claim, wasn't it?

well I noticed today, after kicking my heavy bag I got some bruise-like spots on my foot, really weird because it doesn't hurt like a bruise does and I think it's like just a littele blood underneith the skin or something like that

anybody had it before?

wel my point of view is : better aim to hit with the shin, but you also have to condition your feet because there's just no way to avoid hitting with the foot sometimes and if you only kick the bag with your shin...

BlackBeltNow said:

I've broken all ten at seperate times but I was referring to the time when I broke three at once.

sorry guys...i just got finnished playing Kung Fu fighter and they kick with there feet....

anvar said:
sorry guys...i just got finnished playing Kung Fu fighter and they kick with there feet....

and surely they had an advantage b/c of the extra reach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back