• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighters you wish had more power

ben-askren-striking.gif

In this gif we have the most technical display of striking ever shown by Ben Askren.

JK- Probably wouldn't make a difference.

Here he forgets for a quick moment that he’s not really ”K1 Hughes” and blasts Almeida with a nice left hook.

Then some real farm boy wrestler strength. Farmaconda!

BetterBlackGavial-size_restricted.gif

Some people also called him Matt "Bring On Badr Hari" Hughes

Colby: Would have knocked Usman the fuck out

Dominick Cruz: Would have made a massive difference and made him look all the more better

Volkanovski: Not saying he doesn't have power but it would have been surreal to KO Max in the later rounds after the beating he put on him in the 3rd fight.

Marvin Vettori: Would be genuinely terrifying

Man if Rob had Alex’s power my god I’d be a happy man.

Here he forgets for a quick moment that he’s not really ”K1 Hughes” and blasts Almeida with a nice left hook.

Then some real farm boy wrestler strength. Farmaconda!

BetterBlackGavial-size_restricted.gif
That's a shultz choke

If Frankie Edgar had 15% more power. He would be an incredible beast

Stephen Thompson. His accuracy is wasted on his lack of concussive power.
Ah, yes, he needs to work on his ground game too, of course.

I wish Max Holloway, Joanna and Tony Ferguson had more power.

They would had been unstoppable!

Wbu?

Wonderboy Thompson, he is such a great striker and has many different types of strikes, but most of the time he wins by decision, if he had more KO power then I'd bet he could have some of the greatest KO's ever in UFC. He has won a few by finish, but 90% of the time he goes to decision. Imagine if you added true KO power on some of those head kicks and spinning kicks.
If wonderboy had Dan hendersons power we would see that first death in the Octagon frank mir was talking about.

Cruz with power would have likely been the undisputed goat and absolutely flatlined guys, looking like a prime Silva. He’s still probably the best BW ever so imagine if he had one punch power or even legitimate finishing power.

I was going to say GSP but then I remembered before the Serra loss when he loaded up on shots, he actually did have power. He got drug into deep waters with Bisping and started loading up to finish which he did. Bisping is a tough guy and Georges’ punching power is how he was able to get that sub.

Cruz with power would have likely been the undisputed goat and absolutely flatlined guys, looking like a prime Silva. He’s still probably the best BW ever so imagine if he had one punch power or even legitimate finishing power.

I was going to say GSP but then I remembered before the Serra loss when he loaded up on shots, he actually did have power. He got drug into deep waters with Bisping and started loading up to finish which he did. Bisping is a tough guy and Georges’ punching power is how he was able to get that sub.

The rumor is that, gsp knew about the eye and the hook he hit Bisping with was on the missing eye. The rumor goes, that's why gsp had a smug look on his face at the presser.

Gsp ducked Silva but fought Bisping with one eye. Defended 0 times.

Based upon body of work, you must have him as the goat but room for others to dethrone him. Duck Silva, duck Hendrik rematch, fled the sport after getting pulverized, and returned to fight mw t's, no defenses not to mention getting ktfo by a LW a foot smaller and tapping to strikes. If Romero or Izy were champ, gsp would have stayed retired.

For example, gsp wasn't coming back to fight Alex.

The rumor is that, gsp knew about the eye and the hook he hit Bisping with was on the missing eye. The rumor goes, that's why gsp had a smug look on his face at the presser.

Gsp ducked Silva but fought Bisping with one eye. Defended 0 times.

Based upon body of work, you must have him as the goat but room for others to dethrone him. Duck Silva, duck Hendrik rematch, fled the sport after getting pulverized, and returned to fight mw t's, no defenses not to mention getting ktfo by a LW a foot smaller and tapping to strikes. If Romero or Izy were champ, gsp would have stayed retired.

For example, gsp wasn't coming back to fight Alex.
*Rolls Eyes*...here we go...

Colby, Strickland, max

This too, the lad is mad for wanting to fight at HW. I've never seen him drop or rock a single person ever with a punch in any of his ~20 ufc fights.

At HW what deters someone from just walking him down and beating his ass?

you didn't see him drop Machida with an overhand? he also rocked Shogun with a flying knee and rocked Rashad with a standing elbow.

i think Jon has power but his style is more about volume. i don't think his power is crazy though or unique, it's average in my opinion but i still think he can hurt guys with 1 shot if he had to. i don't know about that happening at HW though.

This makes zero sense. A guy with zero power has to develop smooth striking. If they had power. They wouldn't strike the same.

Chun Li

She'd be unbeatable if she had Zangief's strength

chunny-ts-super22.gif

street-fighter3-chun-li.gif

Back