• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighters you wish had more power

Ciryl Gane.

Imagine his technical striking + Ngannaou-like KO power.

I think guys like that, Winky Wright or Andre Ward have that sweet style but lack that attribute for KO power.

Look at Wilder. Look at his build? It's insane how hard he hits. Francis looks like a bodybuilder. Tyson looks like he can punch. Wilder is skinnyas a rail and has the greatest ko ratio in the world of boxing. Fury 1 was a walk off KO.

Jones? The guy is a paddy cake type of guy due to zero power. Likely, he wouldn't eye poke if he could hit harder.

Wonderboy Thompson, he is such a great striker and has many different types of strikes, but most of the time he wins by decision, if he had more KO power then I'd bet he could have some of the greatest KO's ever in UFC. He has won a few by finish, but 90% of the time he goes to decision. Imagine if you added true KO power on some of those head kicks and spinning kicks.

False. Thompson has finished 9 of his 17 wins for a % of 53. Not sure where you pulled the 90% of the time he goes to a decision stat from but it’s very clearly wrong.

Wonderboy Thompson, he is such a great striker and has many different types of strikes, but most of the time he wins by decision, if he had more KO power then I'd bet he could have some of the greatest KO's ever in UFC. He has won a few by finish, but 90% of the time he goes to decision. Imagine if you added true KO power on some of those head kicks and spinning kicks.
From his first UFC fight I always thought so. He was blasting whoever with straight punches but clearly lacked that final pop

False. Thompson has finished 9 of his 17 wins for a % of 53. Not sure where you pulled the 90% of the time he goes to a decision stat from but it’s very clearly wrong.

It's a bit like Machida, I've heard criticism of him not being a finisher but he finished half his wins. I guess when fighters become very prominent they're generally fighting elite guys who are very hard to finish, they're the ones people remember I suppose.

I would've liked to have seen Sean Sherk step more into his strikes instead of focusing solely on technique.

A couple months at Chute Boxe might've helped.

Imagine Bobby Green with a tad more pop in his fists. Although I feel like he very rarely throws with 100% bad intentions.

I think it’s a catch 22. Where if said fighter had more power they would probably have a different fighting style than they do.

for example guys like Anderson and machida never had supreme power but they were deadly accurate. Whereas guys like wanderlei and rampage didn’t need to be accurate to put you down.

it’s the same thing with guys that have strong chins. Most guys with great chins don’t have great movement. (Anderson was one of the only exceptions in his prime).

Cruz fought faster guys though would have been glorious to watch, he had proper pillows for fists unfortunately.
It is because of his movements though. He had stronger hands in the WEC when he wasn't dancing all the time.

Colby would be very interesting to see with ko power Ko power plus good wrestling plus great cardio

Back