Fighters You Feel Sorry For

Chris Weidman deserves a mention. People will always say shit like his title reign was garbage cause he was beating ‘old’ Brazilian legends but in fact those guys were still game at the time.

-Never got a tune up fight
-Gets viciously KOed after winning a fight

Still my boi tho

thumbnail-4-1-225x300.jpg

I feel truly sorry for this guy:
DOfl4zeV4AA0RBh.jpg

He never deserved this.

Feel a bit sorry for Roger Huerta

- UFC posterboy with Hollywood good looks, world at his feet
- Abandons his UFC push/platform prematurely
- Acting career goes nowhere
-Returns to mma a nobody
- Gets KOed, soccer kicked in One FC
- Career never recovers

I dont know what his deal is now, but he sure as shit is not a big star with lots of money like he looked like he was gonna be.

Cat Zingano has had a really fucked up life. Think it was JRE where she talked about her brain/concussion issues (in addition to her husbands suicide etc)

I felt sorry for Chuck Liddell. The way his career ended with all those being KO'd, but still thinking he had some good fights in him. Coming back against Tito, still thinking he was a fighter, and looking old and slow. It was a bad ending for a great fighter.:(

Josh Samman's death was particularly heartwrenching... Died of heroin overdose after getting strung out after his girlfriend died to cope... He even dedicated his best win to her. That shit got to me.

Ryan Jimmo, Kevin Randleman, and especially Shane Del Rosario too. Dude broke his back, came back, then died of the painkillers that helped him.

Josh Samman randomly popped up into my head the other day. He wrote a book after his girlfriend died and apparently it’s really good. I watched an interview he did after his last fight, you can see that he had already gone. I had watched him on TUF and remember those brutal double punches he did from mount. Can’t find a gif of it though

R.I.P

tumblr_ng78cd9QGJ1tugoyjo1_400.gif

My man Virgil

PCHVs3U.jpg

Also that Japanese dude who had to fight Cro Cop and Fedor back to back
Virgil's pretty sad because he seems legit crazy. Like even for a pro wrestler.

I don't think he knows what's kayfabe and what's not anymore.

Feel a bit sorry for Roger Huerta

- UFC posterboy with Hollywood good looks, world at his feet
- Abandons his UFC push/platform prematurely
- Acting career goes nowhere
-Returns to mma a nobody
- Gets KOed, soccer kicked in One FC
- Career never recovers

I dont know what his deal is now, but he sure as shit is not a big star with lots of money like he looked like he was gonna be.
I was thinking Huerta. Good pick.

Has to suck from going from this (feat. Leonard Garcia)

0003619_roger-huerta_500.jpeg

To this

roger-huerta-soccer-kick.gif

Via that little taste of success which started out from this:

I miss this man every day
wide.jpg
For one of his last fights, he had no sponsors, and wanted his fans to be his sponsors. I think I sent him $20, and he sent me a personalize thank you note and signed photo! He tragically died soon after, making his autograph one of my most treasured ones. He was a different breed of fighter for sure!

Tony Bonello, the only fighter to be knocked down on Bully Beatdown, then was DQ'd for landing an illegal strike in retaliation for the KD.

lol fuck that guy

Ninja bless for teaching that fool a lesson in respect and humility..

Tim Sylvia:

CUOayPDUEAAVP5J.jpg

tim-sylvia-ufc-belt.jpg

And in regards to Shields, I'd rather watch paint dry. He was so fucking boring, I'm surprised he wasn't cut sooner.

Ian Mccall an Cat Zingano had it super rough. Easily the most unlucky fighters out there. Also Assuncao missed all of his title shots due to injury.

Currently Rafael Lovato Jr

Cat Zingano too

BJ Penn for being too competitive for his own good

I just realised this... I thought she retired after they cut her, but my mistake.
She also had that brain injury after the nunes fight that really messed her up for a while. Probably could mention that in her hard luck story.

The more I thought about this the more I realized I have a shorter list of ones I DON"T feel sorry for.

I'm particularly sympathetic to the older school ones who got their skulls bashed in for free as opposed to today where they at least get paid for it, but still.

Jonathon Goulet. Ufc knew he has a glass jaw and that even Kyle Maynard could knock him out, and gave him nothing but heavy handed knockout artists
I agree, Goulet for sure had a rough go of it. Watching Bang send him sliding on his face was pretty entertaining though.
UnawareCandidEarwig-small.gif
Swick also put him down pretty quick, but I can't find a gif of it.

Kind of feel sorry for Ben Askren.

Never been a big fan of him, but I always feel bad for fighters that have big public downfalls - especially when they are very polarizing and have lots of haters

Back