Media Figgy declines December fight vs Sandhagen

As a fan of Figueiredo I would not like that fight for him, Cory runs through Figueiredo.

I'd like to see Figueiredo get a title shot and he seems aware that he has to play his cards right to get one and that means not taking such a dangerous fight. Maybe he could be the back up for Merab vs Umar?

As a fan of Figueiredo I would not like that fight for him, Cory runs through Figueiredo.

I'd like to see Figueiredo get a title shot and he seems aware that he has to play his cards right to get one and that means not taking such a dangerous fight. Maybe he could be the back up for Merab vs Umar?
Cory made a good point, he said Figgy is definitely not getting the TS, so he’s gonna have to accept a fight otherwise he’d be sitting out for damn near a year. If you’re really legit why not fight Cory? Umar beat Cory cleanly, if Figgy truly deserves a TS he should be comfortable taking that fight.

Figgy might be getting title shot next. This is smart on him.

Besides sandhagen just lost
Figgy is not getting the TS next, it’s all but a done deal, Umar is getting it. Keep in mind UFC does the video production for the fights, why did they put the cameras on Umar and why did Rogan specifically ask about Umar? It’s all scripted, Umar is getting the shot.

Cory made a good point, he said Figgy is definitely not getting the TS, so he’s gonna have to accept a fight otherwise he’d be sitting out for damn near a year. If you’re really legit why not fight Cory? Umar beat Cory cleanly, if Figgy truly deserves a TS he should be comfortable taking that fight.
Like I said Figueiredo could angle to be the back up for Merab vs Umar and if he's lucky that could be worth it.

But you're not wrong that there's a risk that it could lead to an unnecessarily long lay off which could hurt Figueiredo's career in the long run.

He’s won three straight and has fought three times in the last eight months against all top guys. Probably just wants a bit longer of a break. Chito in August then Sandhagen in December is brutal.
He fought chito in early August. He can start a camp for a December fight in mid/late October. That’s damn near 3 months off. Plenty of time.

Figgy is not getting the TS next, it’s all but a done deal, Umar is getting it. Keep in mind UFC does the video production for the fights, why did they put the cameras on Umar and why did Rogan specifically ask about Umar? It’s all scripted, Umar is getting the shot.
I definitely think Umar is next. But figgy’s team sees merab calling to face him so he’s being ready. I don’t blame him

I definitely think Umar is next. But figgy’s team sees merab calling to face him so he’s being ready. I don’t blame him
Figgy’s team has been in this game long enough to know what Merab says is irrelevant. They used to be champs at flyweight, they should be able to read the tea leaves. It’s gonna be Umar.

Good to see Sandhagen trying to be active. Maybe Yan or Cejudo will step up to fight Cory. Yan rematch would be very interesting, Cejudo probably going back to 125.

Fig is WAY too small to be fighting Sand
He’s lucky to have made it this far at 135
There’s a reason he fought at flyweight

Maybe Umar should be backup for Dvalishvili-Figueiredo.

Back