Favorite John Carpenter film?

Pick one, bitches

• Total voters
I'm not going to vote because I haven't seen the thing or they live(need to check these out). Of the ones I have seen my vote goes to escape from new york. Snake plisken is the ultimate bad ass, so much so that I even liked escape from la...

Went Halloween, but I LOVE BTILC, The Fog, and Christine.

No they don't.

I agree with you Dizzy. I think the effects hold up really well even today. And I'll always prefer practical effects over CGI nonsense.

Apparently Tarantino was impressed by it as well. The Hateful Eight is largely inspired by the movie, and he even uses a piece of the Thing's soundtrack that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Didn't know that. Haven't seen Hateful Eight yet but I've been wanting to.

Went Halloween, but I LOVE BTILC, The Fog, and Christine.

Yeah The Fog and Christine aren't getting much love here. But they're both good. And Starman is really good but it's a lot different than most of Carpenter's other stuff.

how is in the mouth of madness not on that list?

anyway i vote halloween

In The Mouth Of Madness is a glaring omission, imo.

Prince Of Darkness, also.

Pee pee touchers.

Hey! We can see who's in a thread now. Neat!

I see you Thai Domi, lakersfan45 and pv3Hpv3p.

Voted Halloween, but EFNY and The Thing are right there with it imo.

Haven't seen it or Prince of darkness. Didn't figure they were very good.

PoD is typically one of Carpenter's movies people really embrace or they do not. I personally did not believe it was one of his better movies, but I understand ratings are subjective.

Last edited:
He has many great films, but his best shot is the end scene in Starman.

Jameson Parker and Egg Shen were studly in Prince of Darkness.

BTiLC would be my fav, but The Thing is his best

Haven't seen it or Prince of darkness. Didn't figure they were very good.
In the mouth isn't just a good film it's a great film. If carpenters resume wasn't so stacked people would talk about it more.

As a Norwegian, I loved The Thing from the moment you hear the entire plot spoilered within the first five minutes if you understand the language.

The Thing easily. Also my favorite horror movie. Might even be my favorite movie of all time.

I'm watching The Thing now for the very first time. I'll let you know what I think in 1 hour and 48 mins.

Another vote for The Thing although I really like Halloween as well

The Thing
people still discuss whether or not Childs was infected at the end.

Back