Favorite John Carpenter film?

Pick one, bitches

• Total voters

Kick Strickland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I caught They Live the other night on tv, and it got me thinking how much Hollywood ass John Carpenter kicked. The guy is a legend. Nobody today makes movies that have the same feel to them.

Which one's your favorite?

The Thing

images

Halloween

images

Big Trouble In Little China

images

Escape From New York

images

They Live

images

The Fog

images

Christine

images

Starman

p8265_p_v7_aa.jpg

Like them all.

Best?

The Thing, by a mile.

Ranked

1. The Thing
2. Prince of Darkness
3. Big Trouble in Little China
4. They Live
5. In the Mouth of Madness
6. Escape from New York
7. The Fog
8. Assult on Precinct 13
9. Halloween
10. Christine
11. Starman
12. Ghosts of Mars
13. Vampires
14. Village of the Damned
15. Escape from LA (great ending though).

The Thing hands down. Probably my favorite movie.

The Thing.
"Hey Sweden!"
"There not Swedes Mac they're Norwegian."

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kickass. and im all out of bubble gum.

"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"

Halloween is the best movie he made, and it isn't even close.

Anyone who disagrees touches pee pees, and not female ones.

Like They Live the most. Objectively, the Thing or Halloween are probably the best.

The Thing hands down

They Live is second

Halloween is perfectly made. I constantly go back and forth between it, The Exorcist, and The Shining for best horror picture. Zulawski's Possession is the dark horse for sure.

For runner-up, I like Carpenter's guilty pleasures over The Thing. Big Trouble in Little China is a 90 minute fever dream.

Like They Live the most. Objectively, the Thing is probably the best.

Yeah I'm talking about favorites. Big Trouble probably isn't technically his best movie, but it's the one I enjoy the most so that was my vote. It doesn't get cooler than Jack Burton, man. They shoulda had Jack Burton team up with Roddy Piper from They Live years ago. That woulda made a badass Big Trouble sequel. Or Jack Burton in the They Live universe woulda been awesome too.

Yeah I'm talking about favorites. Big Trouble probably isn't technically his best movie, but it's the one I enjoy the most so that was my vote. It doesn't get cooler than Jack Burton, man. They shoulda had Jack Burton team up with Roddy Piper from They Live years ago. That woulda made a badass Big Trouble sequel. Or Jack Burton in the They Live universe woulda been awesome too.
I see what you did. Not funny.

I've never seen The Thing, is it really that good?

I voted Halloween.
no it's not good............it's great!

I love Christine, I think it was it's an incredible movie, but I'm going with The Thing too, perfectly executed

I've never seen The Thing, is it really that good?

Believe it or not I only saw it all the way through earlier this year. And yeah, it lives up to the hype. The best thing about it for me besides the insane special effects, was the creepy ass atmosphere of it. Reminded me of a really well done, fucked up version of a Twilight Zone episode.

Back