Favorite John Carpenter film?

Pick one, bitches

• Total voters
I reckon a low(ish) budget Alien film could be extremely effective. Lots of harsh language, unpleasant gore, and Kurt Russell ending Xenomorphs with extreme irritation.

hmm... to say what Carpenter could have done with Alien is interesting, not necessarily better but he usually worked his best with smaller budgets

I'm sure it would have been gory, and special effects heavy.

The characters definitely would have been more interesting and just, cooler. And I don't mean like over the top Jack Burton or Roddy Piper cool, but more low key cool like the guys from Christine and The Thing. As for the xenomorph and how scary it would have been and how those scenes with it would have been set up and lit, that's hard to say if he would've done that any better than Ridley Scott did.

And I can't remember any score at all in the original Alien. Did it have any music at all? If not, I guess that benefits it since space would be eerily silent. But I think Carpenter could have come up with some classic creepy sounds for an Alien flick. Would've been interesting.

Of TS list this by far

Big Trouble In Little China

images

But i liked also this

movie was trashy, but the Vampire was the most badass one hollywood offered

Chistopher Lee is more badass, but his Dracula is'nt

Like them all.

Best?

The Thing, by a mile.
Jack Burton pisses all over the thing while coming his kick ass mullet with Lo Pans hair brush. I thought better of you than this bro................its the beard he has in the thing isnt it...............So its the beard and the mullet combined that kicks all ass huh.
Wang eats some delicious meals in Big Trouble too ;)

Jack Burton pisses all over the thing while coming his kick ass mullet with Lo Pans hair brush. I thought better of you than this bro................its the beard he has in the thing isnt it...............So its the beard and the mullet combined that kicks all ass huh.
Wang eats some delicious meals in Big Trouble too ;)

Actually, its the Hat!

YH0K5uf.jpg

Jack makes a deposit in Xenomorph's mouth. After several days, a tiny Jack punches his way out of Xenomorph's stomach, sprints off the table and disappears, surfacing later having grown to full size, wearing a sleeveless shirt.

Ash Williams & Jack Burton
VS
Freddy & Jason
VS
Alien & Predator

T800 as referee

Hollywood missed the opportunity

Back