Favorite John Carpenter film?

Pick one, bitches

• Total voters
Yeah I'm talking about favorites. Big Trouble probably isn't technically his best movie, but it's the one I enjoy the most so that was my vote. It doesn't get cooler than Jack Burton, man. They shoulda had Jack Burton team up with Roddy Piper from They Live years ago. That woulda made a badass Big Trouble sequel. Or Jack Burton in the They Live universe woulda been awesome too.
BTILC is the most quotable movie ever made.

Halloween is the best movie he made, and it isn't even close.

Anyone who disagrees touches pee pees, and not female ones.

What the fuck you say!?

1303824057678.png

no it's not good............it's great!

I love Christine, I think it was it's an incredible movie, but I'm going with The Thing too, perfectly executed

Yeah Christine is really good too. Again, it's got the creepy John Carpenter atmosphere to it. That scene where the car is on fire and runs down that dude on the road at night....that was a flat out perfect scene. Music, visuals, everything.

Yeah Christine is really good too. Again, it's got the creepy John Carpenter atmosphere to it. That scene where the car is on fire and runs down that dude on the road at night....that was a flat out perfect scene. Music, visuals, everything.
tumblr_mnwr08ogqf1s488ujo1_r1_500.gif

The Thing
They Live
Escape From New York
Ghosts of Mars (j/k)

I just cannot get with Big Trouble in Little China. I'm like 0-6 on watching that, it just doesn't get me going. Sue me. Spank me. Kill me.

I've never seen The Thing, is it really that good?

I voted Halloween.
Fantastic film thought the special effects look a little sloppy today. Excellent suspense and paranoia.

Great performance (by action/horror movie standards) by James Woods. The Baldwin brother and the lady were also really good.

Fun action scenes

Classic Carpenter soundtrack.

It's an entertaining take on the vampire genre.

john-carpenter-s-vampires-poster-2.jpg

Jack Burton laughs at this poll then he whips his head to one side and destroys everyone with the awesome shockwave from his power mullet.

Is there really any other choice than big trouble in little china?!! I like pretty much all of his movies, The Thing is in my top 3 horror movies for sure

Really close between the thing, Halloween, escape from new york and big trouble. I love all of those movies. Voted Halloween.

Voted Escape from New York, just because it's not getting any love.

The Thing is his best movie.

Believe it or not I only saw it all the way through earlier this year. And yeah, it lives up to the hype. The best thing about it for me besides the insane special effects, was the creepy ass atmosphere of it. Reminded me of a really well done, fucked up version of a Twilight Zone episode.

Apparently Tarantino was impressed by it as well. The Hateful Eight is largely inspired by the movie, and he even uses a piece of the Thing's soundtrack that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Back