Media Fan calls out Paul Felder for ducking Islam Makhachev; Felder calls fan a clown

Yea I think 1-1 was a reasonable outcome from his two fights with Barboza and Hooker. Both were close and none of the three fighters did enough to feel comfortable that they’d get the decision.

The interesting thing to me (and what should be interesting to Felder) is that Poirier really didn’t do much better than he did against Hooker. Poirier did enough late to win, but if I was Felder watching that fight I would think I could do well against the top strikers in the division.
100% agree, striking wise I think Felder does good against most.

It's weird he just seems to have lost the will to try go for a title shot and just fight when he feels.

Commentating must pay decent

They uhhh... beat guys ranked higher than he has... because they actually fight often.
They all decided they want nothing to do with him despite being right next to him in the rankings. It should be taken as a forfeit, and Islam should leapfrog them.

They all decided they want nothing to do with him despite being right next to him in the rankings. It should be taken as a forfeit, and Islam should leapfrog them.

Well this logic is stupid.

Yea I’m with you here. Lower ranked guys don’t just get to demand a fight from top guys and take their spot if they don’t want to do it. Hooker fought Barboza, Iaquinta, Felder, Poirier and Chandler, and overall he’s done okay. He’s probably in Islam’s range now coming off two losses, but you can’t blame him for taking those fights over an unranked Islam.

If Islam stays active and wins he’ll get where he wants to go, that’s all there is to it.
You need to look at the current rankings bruv

10 Islam
9 Felder
8 Hooker
7 RDA

Even casuals know that beating Islam would be a huge feat, and catapult them to near top contender status. Islam also has 3 million Instagram followers, so there's no excuse that he's not a big name.

Last edited:
Lol, the pole position of being a commentator. I'd give Islam's opponents a pay bump for taking on such a hard fight. It's not like they'd go bankrupt for doing so. Or just tell his next opponent he gets a title shot if he beats Islam. Should be Dariush.

Good on Moises. Though it is an opportunity for him. Ranked #15. Islam's #10 with all the hype.

What world we live in where it's considered ducking to turn down a fight against someone with no top 15 wins who has pulled out of numerous fights

Bro that was a cool AV, get that hat and Mask removed from the Beast!

Most fans are clowns.

Is normal.

I don't get it. What is Felder officially... retired or unretired?

What world we live in where it's considered ducking to turn down a fight against someone with no top 15 wins who has pulled out of numerous fights
Drew Dober is a top 15 win.

I know, I know, he was technically unranked when the fight happened, but he's now #14 without having taken another fight. It's not like Dober got better after he fought Islam. He's ranked based on his current record, because the voters figured out Cowboy and Al Iaquinta don't deserve to be ahead of him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back