Media Fan calls out Paul Felder for ducking Islam Makhachev; Felder calls fan a clown

I know you didn't say it and I don't think u meant it but it reads like it's an Islam fan. That's what I thought when I opened it and it took a double-take to notice he starts off talking about Fabia. Others read it the same way that's why some are attacking Islam and his fanbase.

If the title said Fan criticizes Felder's treatment of Fabia or similar it would be different.
he's not a fabia fan at least that's not how I took it. They're both from the same town, he's calling felder a pussy for confronting fabia but unwilling to confront islam in the cage.

I think sherdoggers were going to attack islam regardless. I don't think its because of the title or because of the content. it's the normal cast of characters that are doing it.

he's not a fabia fan at least that's not how I took it. They're both from the same town, he's calling felder a pussy for confronting fabia but unwilling to confront islam in the cage.

I think sherdoggers were going to attack islam regardless. I don't think its because of the title or because of the content.

I read the actual tweets and ur right - it's not a Fabia or Islam fan just a troll and a good one at that because Paul keeps replying to him lol

Islam is a can crusher, look at his last 2 opponents:

Davi Ramos, a guy who went 0-1 in Bellator with a loss to journeyman Rickels and got CUT
Drew Dober, went 0-2 against Bellator fighters, he lost to Brooks and Girtz

And these 2 are in his top 5 best wins lol. Who's the best fighter he fought? Adriano Martins? Well that didn't go so well for him <45>

He had 2 options between Fiziev and Moises and of course he picked the easier fight. Now he wants to fight Tony on 3 fight losing streak

LMAO my dude Islam/Ali have been asking for Tony for 18 months. In other words, they've been asking for Tony since he was on a 12 fight win streak, 1 loss, 2 loss, and now 3 loss streak.

GTFO with your bias dawg. Bet if we go back 18 months your post was "WHO TF is Islam to think he can ask for a fight with Tony".

Islam is good, possibly great. Sample size is too small and competition is too underwhelming to confirm whether it's in fact good or great. There, end of story. People don't want to fight him b/c either a) they fear they will lose b) they don't view it as constructive for their ranking/championship case (top 3-5 could make this argument) c) they fear they may look bad in a win.

Call it like it is, not your bs.

LMAO my dude Islam/Ali have been asking for Tony for 18 months. In other words, they've been asking for Tony since he was on a 12 fight win streak, 1 loss, 2 loss, and now 3 loss streak.

GTFO with your bias dawg. Bet if we go back 18 months your post was "WHO TF is Islam to think he can ask for a fight with Tony".

Islam is good, possibly great. Sample size is too small and competition is too underwhelming to confirm whether it's in fact good or great. There, end of story. People don't want to fight him b/c either a) they fear they will lose b) they don't view it as constructive for their ranking/championship case (top 3-5 could make this argument) c) they fear they may look bad in a win.

Call it like it is, not your bs.

Solid post from a solid new addition to Sherdog!

I think sherdoggers were going to attack islam regardless. I don't think its because of the title or because of the content. it's the normal cast of characters that are doing it.
Thought u were banned man. I was like how tf that dude doesn’t do anything wrong. Then saw it was a fake Peli.

Thought u were banned man. I was like how tf that dude doesn’t do anything wrong. Then saw it was a fake Peli.
Yeah, he even fooled me. I was like when did I post about this? I guess someone really hates my guts lol

I think felder is comfortably living his company man life, respect to him as I know hes near retirement. But he still holds a top spot, needs a fight with someone

Good for Felder. Fans are trash.

I don’t know. I do think fans are stupid.

But calling for some random guy to come meet you and compete in the thing he does for a living in the streets with serious physical consequences? It’s stupid.

It’s like someone saying some NBA player sucks and he says come meet me at the park for a game of 1 on 1 and if I win I get to hit you with a baseball bat.

You’re allowed to voice your opinion, even a rude one, without being required to engage in physical violence to defend the privilege no matter what the situation. When it’s someone who has spent their entire life training to do violence demanding satisfaction that way it becomes pathetic.

He got robbed against hooker though

Yea I think 1-1 was a reasonable outcome from his two fights with Barboza and Hooker. Both were close and none of the three fighters did enough to feel comfortable that they’d get the decision.

The interesting thing to me (and what should be interesting to Felder) is that Poirier really didn’t do much better than he did against Hooker. Poirier did enough late to win, but if I was Felder watching that fight I would think I could do well against the top strikers in the division.

if you watch the video DC complains about this for quite a bit. DC personally threw Felder and RDA under the bus by naming them as two LWs who refused the fight.
No one smart will accept fight with Islam in small Apex cage, its absolutely bad matchup...

I don’t know. I do think fans are stupid.

But calling for some random guy to come meet you and compete in the thing he does for a living in the streets with serious physical consequences? It’s stupid.

It’s like someone saying some NBA player sucks and he says come meet me at the park for a game of 1 on 1 and if I win I get to hit you with a baseball bat.

You’re allowed to voice your opinion, even a rude one, without being required to engage in physical violence to defend the privilege no matter what the situation. When it’s someone who has spent their entire life training to do violence demanding satisfaction that way it becomes pathetic.
Meh. The dude was calling a pro fighter with 23 fights a punk and a poser, saying he wasn't "Philly" (whatever that means) Thats a bit more than "voicing an opinion"

Meh. The dude was calling a pro fighter with 23 fights a punk and a poser, saying he wasn't "Philly" (whatever that means) Thats a bit more than "voicing an opinion"

It’s rude and stupid. But what’s Felder doing, proving the guy wrong?

“Hey, Gary Kasparov, you’re afraid to play Bobby Fischer! You’re embarrassing the country!”

“Oh yea, I’ll play you, let’s bet all our money on it, meet me at the park.”

It’s lame. Gotta let that shit go. It’s just a dork with no life on the internet trying desperately to get a reaction out of you.

ajAmxLQ_700b.jpg
Lucifer : "Ginger lad, soulless bastards, give even me the creeps."

Good for Felder. Fans are trash.
Hey this comes with the territory man. The fighters want to push all this social media and these UFC is forcing Twitter on us so fans will get ballsy and talk shit. It is no worse than the uneducated celebrities that get their tweets put on the broadcast when they know nothing about the sport.

I don't understand how guys like Hooker, RDA and Felder are all ranked above Islam even though they all turned down a fight with him.

Islam should be ranked #7, RDA #8, Hooker #9, Felder #10.

They uhhh... beat guys ranked higher than he has... because they actually fight often.

Which brings me back to my original post. Fans are trash.

lol, yep. Fair enough. I’m not defending that dork here, to be clear. It’s simply my two cents that it’s not a particularly sick burn to request a fight with the guy, and more importantly he’s just giving the guy what he craves.

Yes many of them are, Darren Till, GSP, Nick Diaz to name but a few talked about how scared they are to take fights. Darren Till even explained it got so bad before one of this fights, forgot who it was, he said he was tempted to make up an injury.

In fairness I think we should draw the distinction between the stage fright kind of scared and cowardly kind of scared.

People get anxious before interviews of public speaking too.

They uhhh... beat guys ranked higher than he has... because they actually fight often.

Yea I’m with you here. Lower ranked guys don’t just get to demand a fight from top guys and take their spot if they don’t want to do it. Hooker fought Barboza, Iaquinta, Felder, Poirier and Chandler, and overall he’s done okay. He’s probably in Islam’s range now coming off two losses, but you can’t blame him for taking those fights over an unranked Islam.

If Islam stays active and wins he’ll get where he wants to go, that’s all there is to it.

Back