Executive Order 9066

I think it was justified. In fact anything which aims to preserve and protect innocent life or for the greater good can be justified by today's standards. In example western nations using drones to kill because they don't want hands dirty and citizens are okay because it does not affect them. Or them funding military operations but not deploying troops. Same thing here. The U.S. also never maintained a system of mass discrimination against the Japanese. Look at what the Japanese have done since in America phenomenonal things.

japanese internment was justified? are you kidding? the internet of japanese citizens is considered one of the greatest atrocities ever committed in this country.

we aren't talking about a military combat procedure. we stripped US citizens in this country of their rights and put them in camps. i'm surprised anyone from japan could even think to live here in the US. and now i hear people talking in a positive way that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to put muslims in internment camps if another bad terrorist attack happens.

in fact, if you really think this way that dumping constitutional rights to protect citizens against government tyranny is acceptable, in any circumstance, then you are not an american. and i am embarrassed and ashamed of any american that would support such a betrayal and mockery of our system.

we strive in america to be better. that's why people admire us (or at least used to). we strive to have a more fair system that protects individuals and opposes policies of tyranny. so get your fucking heads out of your asses - if you are an american and your answer to japanese internment is anything but a loud resounding FUCK NO then you need to pick a new country to live in. saudi arabia is probably a good fit for you, you can go stone a gay person there and get a medal for it.

Please continue, you're being vague after being so condescending.
Educate us.

I was asking the question.

As I see it, either the internment of Italians and Germans in America was essentially equivalent to that of the Japanese but the history is getting rewritten, and the plight of the Japanese overblown and pushed to the forefront, in order to further a narrative about America's racism towards non-Europeans.

Or there really was a fundamental difference between the US response towards the Japanese within our borders versus the Italians and the Germans during a time when the nation was at war with Japan, Italy and Germany.

And if the latter is true, what motivated the differing approaches?

japanese internment was justified? are you kidding? the internet of japanese citizens is considered one of the greatest atrocities ever committed in this country.

we aren't talking about a military combat procedure. we stripped US citizens in this country of their rights and put them in camps. i'm surprised anyone from japan could even think to live here in the US. and now i hear people talking in a positive way that it wouldn't be such a bad idea to put muslims in internment camps if another bad terrorist attack happens.

in fact, if you really think this way that dumping constitutional rights to protect citizens against government tyranny is acceptable, in any circumstance, then you are not an american. and i am embarrassed and ashamed of any american that would support such a betrayal and mockery of our system.

we strive in america to be better. that's why people admire us (or at least used to). we strive to have a more fair system that protects individuals and opposes policies of tyranny. so get your fucking heads out of your asses - if you are an american and your answer to japanese internment is anything but a loud resounding FUCK NO then you need to pick a new country to live in. saudi arabia is probably a good fit for you, you can go stone a gay person there and get a medal for it.

Well see your problem is that you understand that what is good for goose, is good for the gander.

I mean why not wipe your back side with the US constitution, in the name of security.

As a matter of fact, I heard that ________ was working with ISIS. We can't tolerate that. We must be willing to destroy the frame work of this nation to stop this.

They hate us for our freedoms, so let's destroy our freedoms, and show them how we roll.

Back