Executive Order 9066

They were purely racism, thousands of Americans were also dying in Europe, you talk as if they didnt felt the war in europe.

Also FDR was indeed pretty racist even for his time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Franklin_D._Roosevelt#Accusations_of_racism

Deaths abroad do not even come close to domestic attacks when it comes to the ire of the masses. You just want to paint this as purely a racial thing and ignore that the US had the largest military attack in the history of the country to deal with. An attack that lead to deaths of the US soldiers in Europe. Hell, even Canadians felt the need to create internment camps after pearl harbor

Last edited:
Deaths abroad do not even come close to domestic attacks when it comes to the ire of the masses. You just want to paint this as purely a racial thing and ignore that the US had the largest military attack in the history of the country to deal with. An attack that lead to deaths of the US soldiers in Europe. Hell, even Canadians felt the need to create internment camps after pearl harbor

You talk as if Hawaii was in the center of the US.

You talk as if its not a State. If an Attack happened in Florida, would people in Washington state not react?

You are talking about continental US in an age where we can get direct live feedback of whats happening thousands of miles away.

For people in continental US, the attack of Pearl Harbor was just a newspaper headline just like the thousands of Americans that were dying on Europe.

If someone blew up Cozumel, would you not react?

I would react more for what happened in Paris than anything that happens in Cozumel.

Asians, even to this day are seen as foreigners, saying that racism had nothing to do with how American citizens were stripped of constitutional rights by an executive order is literally burying the past.

You are talking about continental US in an age where we can get direct live feedback of whats happening thousands of miles away.

For people in continental US, the attack of Pearl Harbor was just a newspaper headline just like the thousands of Americans that were dying on Europe.

No, it was an attack on US soil that lead to thousands of US citizens dying in europe and the pacific

It was shameful. So was the SCOTUS' upholding its legality. Indefensible

If something happens in Cozumel i would expect to be drug violence related, if a mass shooting happens in the US i expect it to be crazy related.

Paris attack was caused by professionals with the intent of shocking the western world, and it did worked, it was fucking shocking to see the birth place of enlightment to be attacked with such brutality.

If something happens in Cozumel i would expect to be drug violence related, if a mass shooting happens in the US i expect it to be crazy related.

Paris attack was caused by professionals with the intent of shocking the western world, and it did worked, it was fucking shocking to see the birth place of enlightment to be attacked with such brutality.

Obviously i was talking if a foreign state declared war on Mexico by attacking Cozumel; since this is a discussion involving pearl habour.

and tbf, we gave Japan a favorable trade balance after the War (just like Germany) which is one of the main reasons they became the economic power in Asia right after the war....it helps they had industrial capactiy built up from the war, but ffs Nintendo started off as like a playing card company

in other words, yes we did shady ish, but it's not like we didn't try to help out afterwards

Yeah, we may have helped Japan but we didn't do shit for the interned Japanese here. They lost everything and had to start from nothing.

No, it was an attack on US soil that lead to thousands of US citizens dying in europe and the pacific

Actually it was an attack on a US territory, it wasnt a state back then.

Actually it was an attack on a US territory, it wasnt a state back then.

I said US soil...territory classifies as soil....an attack on Yukon is still an attack on Canada.

Obviously i was talking if a foreign state declared war on Mexico by attacking Cozumel; since this is a discussion involving pearl habour.

I would rather have my state and the whole northwest to secede from Mexico as a whole, that would tell you how much i give a crap of the shithole, debt-ridden state that its Quintana Roo, sell it as a tourist resort to wealthy chinese for all i care.

I would rather have my state and the whole northwest to secede from Mexico as a whole, that would tell you how much i give a crap of the shithole, debt-ridden state that its Quintana Roo, sell it as a tourist resort to wealthy chinese for all i care.

ok well i had no idea you hated it, most people dont share such vitriol for their homeland.

ok well i had no idea you hated it, most people dont share such vitriol for their homeland.

My homeland is the mexican northwest Sonora and Sinaloa, as long as the people who live here have personal freedom i dont give much thought about the political consequences of most of the mexican territory.

My homeland is the mexican northwest Sonora and Sinaloa, as long as the people who live here have personal freedom i dont give much thought about the political consequences of most of the mexican territory.

Well i hope your territory remains or acquires what you want for it....just odd that you dont hold that much of national pride for the rest of mexico.

Well i hope your territory remains or acquires what you want for it....just odd that you dont hold that much of national pride for the rest of mexico.

I may feel offended as a mexican depending on the context, but Quintana Roo was an unincorporated territory devoid of population not long ago, it became a state and relevant just because it became a tourist hotspot, before that would be like american samoa. Im pretty sure most Americans would care more about Russia invading Europe than China invading American Samoa.

I may feel offended as a mexican depending on the context, but Quintana Roo was an unincorporated territory devoid of population not long ago, it became a state and relevant just because it became a tourist hotspot, before that would be like american samoa. Im pretty sure most Americans would care more about Russia invading Europe than China invading American Samoa.

Not if china targeted a US military base in America Samoa...

Back