News Eddie Hearn names Francis Ngannou, Zhilei Zhang and Filip Hrgović as potential next opponents for Anthony Joshua

Who would you like to see AJ fight next?

• Total voters
You're right, 41 in May. Needs the fight.
He won’t get it. It’s too risky and there’s not enough upside. His name is being mentioned for negotiation purposes. It doesn’t make business sense to fight him. He’s probably going to end up boxing Parker.

If he fights Zhang he won’t get much credit and the media and haters will then label the win as just another 40 year old .

Hrgovic is the most dangerous one but he can get that fight in the future and I’d let him win the IBF title to make his name bigger .

Ngannou is seen as the guy who embarrassed Fury like Wallin ,the smart thing is fight him next and that’s the easiest fight out of all 3 guys , Ngannou will simply be out of his element entirely against a guy who literally does everything better , against Fury he neutralized the size and was able to get over on his leaky lazy defense ….Joshua pieces him up and gets more money on that one if not gains many mma fans growing his own already huge profile .

Joshua knows that the Ngannou fight will be a big ppv event. He's just following the money.

Hrgovic deserves it in my opinion.
He deserves shit. Got a gift over Zhang. He can rot it out for a few more fights looking in imo.

If I was Joshua’s manager, I’d pick Ngannou. He’s off a peak performance. In the public eye and the more he fights legit boxers the higher the chance he gets popped and done in the public eye.
He also is the nearest and freshest Fury opponent for anybody who has Fury as his number 1 pick and near immediate opponent.

Bonus is the big bag due.

Nah, it’s a slam dunk choice imo.

It’s unlikely the IBF title would be on the line so early after Fury/ Usyk. Without the title on the line the Hrgovic fight makes no sense,

The Saudi’s want a big fight to replace Wilder vs Joshua. That’s probably Ngannou.

Yeah I doubt half the fighters on the last card (hrgovic included) will even be on this card it’s such a quick turnaround. I guess by the time this fight has happened the title situation will he much clearer

Fair play to you dude, you called this exactly right

<seedat>

He deserves shit. Got a gift over Zhang. He can rot it out for a few more fights looking in imo.

If I was Joshua’s manager, I’d pick Ngannou. He’s off a peak performance. In the public eye and the more he fights legit boxers the higher the chance he gets popped and done in the public eye.
He also is the nearest and freshest Fury opponent for anybody who has Fury as his number 1 pick and near immediate opponent.

Bonus is the big bag due.

Nah, it’s a slam dunk choice imo.
Ngannou has done nothing while Hrgovic and Zhang actually have boxing careers.

Hrgovic beat Zhang regardless of what you think and has been on the boxing scene for a while. Ngannou has big muscles and that's it.

Seems like there are talks of Martin Bakole because of their rankings, though I'm sure he'll be stepped aside.

Seems like there are talks of Martin Bakole because of their rankings, though I'm sure he'll be stepped aside.

Joshua is the no2 ranked fighter in all 4 organisations as of 1st jan. Wilder was still wbc no1 but that’s not gonna happen so it’s bakole (wba), zhang (wbo) or hrgovic (ibf). I still think he’ll fight hrgovic later this year as it seems the IBF are gonna mandate their no1 to fight the winner of the unification fight.

Ngannou has done nothing while Hrgovic and Zhang actually have boxing careers.

Hrgovic beat Zhang regardless of what you think and has been on the boxing scene for a while. Ngannou has big muscles and that's it.

This ain’t American Football or the NHL, brah. Actual results without context doesn’t count for much. Public perception matters.

Back