• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dustin Poirier announces he'll be fighting Islam Makhachev next

Who would win this fight?

• Total voters
He submits Dustin, he ain't ko'ing Dustin.
Hmm I was going to argue that Islam did pretty well on the feet against Oliveira, but Poirier was lighting Oliveira up on the feet so yeah Poirier's still the better striker

I see the logic. It’s now or never for Dustin and the timeline is right. I hope Dustin wins tbh. Islam will fight all the guys he needs to as long as he sticks to the division and doesn’t try to fight Leon or retire early like Khabib. Otherwise we gonna be having LW goat debates for another decade.

Well I definitely can't say he deserves it the most. But i'm also not mad because I love the Diamond. Praying for a miracle upset, because I think Islam takes this unfortunately.

Hmm I was going to argue that Islam did pretty well on the feet against Oliveira, but Poirier was lighting Oliveira up on the feet so yeah Poirier's still the better striker
You wouldn't have been incorrect, Islam isn't no slouch on the feet. He's better at defense than he is offensive striking though. I don't think Poirier touches him all that much really, I'm hoping he does though, fingers crossed.

This bum knocks out someone that had an infection and was on antibiotics and now he gets a shot at a title.

Fuck the ufc.

Get a win ♻ squat ♻ title fight. The Poirier cycle..

Isalm's record isn't filled with the biggest names outside of Volk who moved up to fight him and almost won. I think this will be Islam's toughest fight. I wouldn't count out Dustin.

Dustin getting taken down by BSD does not bode well for him in this fight. I hope he wins, so he can go out on top. But he's gonna get his ass kicked.

Well... I HOPE Dustin finds a way to win but his 2 title fights so far he got finished by RNC both times.

So FFS Dustin keep it on the feet, cut out these silly jumping Guillotines and go for a KO. He's got time to try to address these tactical errors. Hope he listens to his corner during the fight.

Final chance for Dustin at 155lbs.

Lol what a clown show. The whole fighting for legacy has just become fighting for fame and money.

You wouldn't have been incorrect, Islam isn't no slouch on the feet. He's better at defense than he is offensive striking though. I don't think Poirier touches him all that much really, I'm hoping he does though, fingers crossed.
His offensive striking has looked plenty good throughout his championship reign thus far, he's dropped all of his opponents, has a KO, and has outstruck all of his opponents handily (save for the 1st Volk fight). Only getting better too.

Poirierfan I'm afraid it may be a rough night for you, Islam is honestly a special talent.

Dustin has been fighting at lightweight since 2015 & clearly has outgrown featherweight. You're talking like there's a way he could make 145 with 1-2 months notice lol.
The fact that he fought at FW for years proves that he has a rather small frame, while Nurmagomedov, on the other side, almost died making 155 once and cheated at the weigh-ins before his last fight. I don't think Makhachev could ever make 145 without dying either, at least outside of that island with magic scales of Agraba.

His offensive striking has looked plenty good throughout his championship reign thus far, he's dropped all of his opponents, has a KO, and has outstruck all of his opponents handily (save for the 1st Volk fight). Only getting better too.

Poirierfan I'm afraid it may be a rough night for you, Islam is honestly a special talent.
Meh, I'm expecting Islam to run straight through Dustin actually. 😞

Last edited:
Islam > Poirier
Gaethje > Holloway
Islam > Gaethje

Leon > Belal
JDM > shavkat
Leon > JDM

Islam > Leon

inshallah

Back