• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will you be rooting for to win, Dustin Poirier or Islam Makhachev?

Rooting for Poirier, because he's been a great fighter to watch over the years, and has come close to a belt several times, but never won it. I would like to see him finally get that championship. USA! USA! My prediction is Islam by sub in Rd.3 though.

Like both so no real preference, maybe slightly more Dustin as its probably his last chance at the belt.

Torn on this one. I would like to see Dustin finally getting gold because he's been fighting at the top for a long time.

But also want to see Islam continue to become a dominant champion and really clean out the division.

Islam. This is a new era of respect and humble.

By the end of the fight, it will look like Dustin's hot sauce is in his eyes. Be humble and stop talking you chicken

Islam's has a great run with the belt whatever happens so I'd love for an all time great who's never quite held the belt like Dustin to get it done.

I don't think it happens though.

Dustin because I'm a fan. Saw the guy at Target once / he's a staple of our sport.

But I like Islam too and part of me hopes he breaks the LW title defense record before trying to take the 2nd belt

90% of non muslims want Poirier to win. Most knowledgeable fans think Islam wins.

Apparently guys who root for Islam don’t have Sherdog accounts.
Islam. This is a new era of respect and humble.

By the end of the fight, it will look like Dustin's hot sauce is in his eyes. Be humble and stop talking you chicken

Apparently some do but maybe it's best if most don't judging by this one account ..

Who will you be rooting for to win, Dustin Poirier or Islam Makhachev? Also if you want, list why
I am rooting for Islam.
I like Dustin a lot and root for him often, but not in this fight.
Because Khabib retired undefeated and Islam already has one loss, he needs to do MORE, in order to match Khabib's legacy. I would love to see him break the record for lightweight title defenses and hopefully move up and win the belt at 170 as well, culminating in him being Anderson's consecutive win record.

Rooting for Islam to kimura Poiriers chicken wing rip it off and dip it in his hot sauce and feast on it

Unrelated but I've been disappointed that between all the media Dustin has done for this none of them asked him one simple question:

"If you win on Saturday would you grant Islam a rematch right away?"

Back