Don't know how anyone can criticise McGregor in all this

I love the fact that Connor ALWAYS makes the show happen. It's not his fault dudes keep getting injured on him. That being said, he definitely has benefited from these late replacements. Taking a fight vs Connor on 2 weeks notice is essentially signing a contract to get paid a fortune to take a beating.

Taking a fight vs Connor on 2 weeks notice is essentially signing a contract to get paid a fortune to take a beating.

but that isnt true. Mendes had plenty of moments where that fight was winnable for him.

1) Take his nuts out of your mouth.
2) He is moving up 1 weight class.
3) Took the easiest fight out there.
4) You cannot tell people what to think.
5) I do appreciate that he is willing to take short notice fights.
6) Take his nuts out of your mouth.
But telling someone what to do is okay...

but that isnt true. Mendes had plenty of moments where that fight was winnable for him.
yeah, until his gas tank ran out.

I'll give Connor a ton of credit for taking the risks, but I'll give Nate and Mendez a lot more credit for stepping up.

Conor doesnt help calling all fighters runners when it's stupid as hell to take a fight with no camp and no prep for opponent. Just like it's stupid for conor to take most dangerous on short notice. Anyway it's the fight game where epic shit talk exists. Don't like it go watch tennis or chess or something which is a little more high brow.

Conor will always get more flak from people because he also gets special treatment from the UFC. And also because of his big mouth. But mostly because the first thing. You might remember Dana justifying giving Conor chances at other weight classes with something like "he fights often, he keeps his word". Conor has to live up to that now. He can't pull out of fights. He has to fight often.

And for others that might be worth some extra props, but because of Dana, for Conor that's the standard now.

Yeah, I don't understand the anger here. I think one of the factors McGregor really cares about is interest and numbers. Although Sherdog knows who Khabib is, most regular fans don't. He hasn't fought forever. The Diaz bros bring noise wherever they go. They have the ability to generate interest on short notice, and they always come to fight.

Until he's the 155 champion, it isn't his job to knock off contenders. Nick is a plenty dangerous enough fight under the given circumstances.

I says... Pardon ?

Knocking off contenders within a division is how every single champion in the UFC got the shot to win their belts to begin with. What the literal fuck are you talking about ? " It's not his job to knock of contenders until he is champ ". Did you even read what you wrote before posting it ?

And ... HE'S FIGHTING NATE, FFS.

Holy fuck, man.

Be honest with yourself. If those names had been chosen you'd be coming up with excuses why they aren't good enough. Cowboy got destroyed by Nate, why didn't they go with him? Khabib has been out two years with injury, why didn't they pick someone else?
No. I think either of those guys can beat McGregor. I think Nate can beat McGregor if he had a full camp. Now we're going to see a competitive fight and watch McGregor win which just calls for a rematch with Nate just with a full camp. Did you not see Mendes winning the fight with McGregor until he gassed? Mendes a guy who usually comes in ready to fight for an hour gassed in less than 2 rounds. The same thing is going to happen to Nate. You couldn't use that excuse with either Cowboy or Khabib (who's in the middle of a training camp).

It's one thing to take a fight short notice. It's another thing to take a fight and not be in physical shape for it. Don't think McGregor took Nate to be a savior. He took Nate because it's the easiest path to victory and a paycheck. No fight, no paycheck for McGregor.

McGregor tko 3rd round.

Last edited:
Nate Diaz was the number 1 one choice on every fansite. It's what the people wanted.

You don't honestly believe that Conor picked Nate because of the Internet do you? Either way he's cherry picking the replacements and it can't be denied.

I'm not gonna take anything away from Conor, I respect him for taking any fight at all.

The reason for the backlash and hate is because Conor is very popular and has extreme nuthuggers like yourself. There's always gonna be haters and trolls as a result. It always goes both ways here. If there weren't so many Conor love threads there wouldn't be so many Conor hate threads. Same goes for any popular fighter.

Is Sherdog.

I'm pretty sure he's more concerned about his payday then he is about saving the show. The guy is making loads of cash every time he steps in there now, it's hilarious when people make him out to be a hero sacrificing himself for the UFC or the fans lol.

No one's making him out to be a hero. I'm simply acknowledging that he understands the business and expressing some appreciation that, unlike a lot of prize fighters, he gets it that his job as a prize fighter is to fight for a prize.

Is he doing charity work? Hell no. He's doing his job. It's a nice shift, is all.

I says... Pardon ?

Knocking off contenders within a division is how every single champion in the UFC got the shot to win their belts to begin with. What the literal fuck are you talking about ? " It's not his job to knock of contenders until he is champ ". Did you even read what you wrote before posting it ?

And ... HE'S FIGHTING NATE, FFS.

Holy fuck, man.

I'm talking literally. It is LITERALLY the champion's job to knock off contenders. The champion has the belt. He must either defend that belt or give it up or to be stripped of it.

If you DON'T hold a championship it is your absolute right to choose when and whom you will fight.

Cerrone's odds of making it to the 2nd round aren't too good. Nate fares much better here imo. Nate is currently ranked #5 in LW div, Cerrone is #9. Nate only fought once in 2014 and once in 2015. I think he has the potential to be a bigger draw if he was more active and had more high-profile fights. Whether he is in shape to fight is up to him, but I'm sure he'll stand & bang & put on a good show. There are no easy wins in the top 5. If Conor wanted an easy win, he would have asked for Faber (not that Faber doesn't deserve a red-panty night too).

by being butthurt because mcgoat proved them wrong by beating their boys

Look I think the main thing people are being critical of McGregor is that there were fighters ready and fit to fight but the UFC went with a guy that was probably at home playing video games and hitting bongs. It's not McGregor's fault the UFC went with Nate but Cowboy or Khabib would have made good opponents that couldn't cite no training camps as an excuse for losing.

But for real, if Conor was willing to fight at 170 why the hell didn't Condit or WB get a call? Condit stays in shape year round and WB just came off an easy victory.
Seriously dude you want /expect anyone to go out there and fight world class dudes at 2 weight classes higher with 10 days notice, come on dude people need to have some perspective. Name another fighter that has done exactly that.

Yah it's great and all but let's not forget McGregor saying he will fight the toughest and baddest guys just to pick Nate Diaz.
Was Aldo one of those, how about RDA, you cannot expect him to fight the best guys on the planet with 10 days. So instead we get what looks like a very fun fight, enjoy. For me personally I think McGregor destroys Cerrone but Nate is a fighter that can beat him.

very simple , weight doesnt matter , opponent matters .they still think Nate is the easiest fight for them.
as per the conference they pushed even an out of shape Nate to make weight within 10 days to 155, if not 160, if not 165 and finaly agreed on 170 ( guess Nate said I dont give a foooook )
Then why are there weight divisions then?

Back