Don't know how anyone can criticise McGregor in all this

okey dokey

anyone who isn't giving Conor stupid dope props for accepting this fight is a mongoloid

also it's spelled criticize
'Murica aint the only country in the world buddy..........

TS, Conor is "cherry picking" his replacement opponents this can not be denied.

Fer suture stop taking Sherdog posts personally. 100%.

Why does anyone want cerrone to fight conor? for what purpose?

Cerrone beats conor.... then returns to limbo where he wont get a lw shot because he's been demolished by the champ twice.

Let's see. He was given 2 choices. He picked the one who destroyed the other one.
I dont think Cowboy is much better than Nate, but to be fair that was years ago and Cerrone has done a lot more than Nate since then.

Also I dont know what fight you watched, I remember Nate outpointing Cerrone 2 rounds to 1, and the only thing that got destroyed were Nate's legs from them kicks.

I agree criticizing Conor for ducking anyone in this situation is dumb. But I think we can still be very critical of the UFC prioritizing Urijah Faber over everyone else that was available at the time. Also for talking shit about their fighters e.g. Edgar during the process of finding a replacement for RDA. They're always acting like bullies to get what they want.

People have hate in their bum souls and they gotta let it out.

Look I think the main thing people are being critical of McGregor is that there were fighters ready and fit to fight but the UFC went with a guy that was probably at home playing video games and hitting bongs. It's not McGregor's fault the UFC went with Nate but Cowboy or Khabib would have made good opponents that couldn't cite no training camps as an excuse for losing.

But for real, if Conor was willing to fight at 170 why the hell didn't Condit or WB get a call? Condit stays in shape year round and WB just came off an easy victory.

It was Conor's call, as it should have been. He wasn't obliged to fight anyone. He's fighting to save the show, not to take on the most dangerous contender he can find. Until he's the 155 champion, it isn't his job to knock off contenders. Nick is a plenty dangerous enough fight under the given circumstances.

Why does anyone want cerrone to fight conor? for what purpose?

Cerrone beats conor.... then returns to limbo where he wont get a lw shot because he's been demolished by the champ twice.

If Cerrone had won he wouldn't fight RDA next. The winner of Furg and Khabib would. You make the perfect point why Chad shouldn't have been chosen to fight Conor in July for the IT though.

How does the expression go, "haters gonna hate"?

In other news, water is wet. Can't believe you dedicated enough of your time to writing that shit to haters who wont even read it homeboy.

Conor bless

It was Conor's call, as it should have been. He wasn't obliged to fight anyone. He's fighting to save the show, not to take on the most dangerous contender he can find. Until he's the 155 champion, it isn't his job to knock off contenders. Nick is a plenty dangerous enough fight under the given circumstances.
I'm pretty sure he's more concerned about his payday then he is about saving the show. The guy is making loads of cash every time he steps in there now, it's hilarious when people make him out to be a hero sacrificing himself for the UFC or the fans lol.

Well part of me says that conor most likely picked the easiest fight so save the card with.

The other part of me says this fight is wicked and I should just shut up and enjoy the ride

I don't get why people think Conor would duck Cowboy if he would've fought the winner of Cowboy vs RDA. Conor was gonna fight the CHAMP RDA ( the one who TKO'd Cowboy).. you think Conor would duck cowboy... c'mon man, quite being silly.

Conor ain't scared of no one & Nate ain't scared of anyone either. This isn't an easy fight for either, but if mcgregor wins in spectaular fashion it wasn't cause nate didn't get a full camp. Full camp would of maybe prolonged the fight but if mcgregor wins & wins bad then he's just that much better.

I believe Conor would've fought the 3 champs in a row if he would've beat RDA. Anyone you can possibly think he's ducking will eventually get his turn if mcgregor keeps winning. He's ducking no one. Every other fight will come at it's time. I think their just setting up the fights that make the most sense.

Fans did want to see Nate vs Conor so we got it. Stop bitching.

besides these fights that Conor wins when the other opponent got short to no camp will make good for a rematch. Will hype the second fight if they ever come around. It's all about that money after all.

May the best man win.

Also werdums case is special. He was hurt but was still going to fight. Cain got hurt and bailed so then werdum said screw it and choose not to fight as well

The AUDACITY of some posters in here is insane. When you consider just a couple of weeks ago, Werdum pulled out of a card due to a short notice (two weeks) replacement in Stipe Miocic and put the entire card in jeopardy. When you consider, UFC 151 (the card that never was) was CANCELLED because Jon Jones refused to fight Chael Sonnen on short notice.

McGregor has EVERY right to refuse to fight and protect his title shot against RDA. The fact that he is EVEN fighting, should be commended. But, this is taken for granted by so many posters and fans.

These "he should be fighting Khabib", "he's ducking healthy Cerrone", "He's cherry picking his opponents!" comments are just simply unfounded ... and just disgusting. He's saving the card, fighting a new opponent on 10 days notice.

Not to mention, Diaz just demolished Michael Johnson (a top 10 contender at LW) AND this fight is at WW, two weight classes above McGregor's. Diaz at WW is a dangerous fight for anyone, let alone a FW.
If you say just all your cap letters, you wrote, "AUDACITY UFC 151 CANCELED EVERY RDA EVEN LW AND WW WW FW."

I'm pretty sure he's more concerned about his payday then he is about saving the show. The guy is making loads of cash every time he steps in there now, it's hilarious when people make him out to be a hero sacrificing himself for the UFC or the fans lol.
I'm sure he's gettin very well compensated. Yes money is the bottom line and Nate doesn't pose the greatest threat, but Conor could have a bad night. But Conor didn't have to take the fight.

Yah it's great and all but let's not forget McGregor saying he will fight the toughest and baddest guys just to pick Nate Diaz.

Wedum WAS injured, had back surgery a couple weeks ago, END OF STORY.

McGregor is perfectly healthy, and specifically handpicked an out of shape Diaz who had to be harassed by the UFC to take the fight while in shape fighters like Cowboy and Khabib were calling him out.

/THREAD
Thank you!

Back