Don't know how anyone can criticise McGregor in all this

. But I think we can still be very critical of the UFC prioritizing Urijah Faber over everyone else that was available at the time. .

I wouldve really been dissappointed if they had picked him.

Did you say the same about Magny, Benson, or any of the other number of fighters that have fought on very short notice?

This might prove his point. Those guys got nothing but props. I never saw one thread let alone thousands crying, criticizing them, calling them lucky, duckers bringing up conspiracy theories. The haters have become more ridiculous then hs fanboys. That's saying something. He's so in their head and embarrassed them and their predictions they keep saying dumber things and getting more irrational. He was criticized and they cried when he beat Mendes and KO'd Aldo in seconds. Look at those same haters talk and confidence in his opponents before those fight. After the fights they go back on their own words and get all whiny and irrational. Can you imagine these peoples comments if Conor was the one who pulled out instead of RDA? Can't you guys see how retarded and irrational it would be if Connor pulled out and a whole bunch of threads were made saying RDA was ducking, lucky, the fix is in...WTF?!!?! I don't get it. Other than childish hurt feelings for whatever reason. I understand the butthurt about Zuffa/Dana favoritism but that's Zuffa/Dana favoritism.

He wants the belts more than anything right now and he's risking his shot to save the PPV. He's contracted for a certain number of fights. It's not like he loses the money if he doesn't fight Nate; he's going to get paid the exact same amount by the end of his contract regardless of when or where he fights. He's deciding to take this risk now to save the show and uphold his own principles of never backing out of a fight.
You must have missed the press conference just now where he said he doesn't care about belts, and kept going on about making money and spending it on rodeo drive.

I think his fanboys are more concerned about belts. The guy's making millions which is what matters in the real world. Carla Esparza had "a belt".

People are butt hurt he has so much power that he runs the show

You must have missed the press conference just now where he said he doesn't care about belts, and kept going on about making money and spending it on rodeo drive.

I think his fanboys are more concerned about belts. The guy's making millions which is what matters in the real world. Carla Esparza had "a belt".
He talks in circles a lot, especially during 'press-conferences' where he's trying to present a certain image, but the career path he's outlined for himself is title-shot after title-shot after title-shot.

Also, way to conveniently ignore the rest of what I said. Conor isn't gaining a payday by fighting Nate, he's already contracted for a set amount of paydays. He could get them all without taking stupid risks, but he's doing this to save the PPV.

Look I think the main thing people are being critical of McGregor is that there were fighters ready and fit to fight but the UFC went with a guy that was probably at home playing video games and hitting bongs. It's not McGregor's fault the UFC went with Nate but Cowboy or Khabib would have made good opponents that couldn't cite no training camps as an excuse for losing.

But for real, if Conor was willing to fight at 170 why the hell didn't Condit or WB get a call? Condit stays in shape year round and WB just came off an easy victory.
very simple , weight doesnt matter , opponent matters .they still think Nate is the easiest fight for them.
as per the conference they pushed even an out of shape Nate to make weight within 10 days to 155, if not 160, if not 165 and finaly agreed on 170 ( guess Nate said I dont give a foooook )

He talks in circles a lot, especially during 'press-conferences' where he's trying to present a certain image, but the career path he's outlined for himself is title-shot after title-shot after title-shot.

Also, way to conveniently ignore the rest of what I said. Conor isn't gaining a payday by fighting Nate, he's already contracted for a set amount of paydays. He could get them all without taking stupid risks, but he's doing this to save the PPV.
Ok, so I'll ignore what he says, cause you somehow have the insider on what he's really thinking?

He said over and over again that he's here to make truckloads of money and get out.

He admitted in the presser that his camp was preparing to fight Nate for a while now because that fight was always talked about as an option if the RDA fight fell through.

It's not a stupid risk, it's a calculated risk.

RDA was a very tough fight, and while it may have brought more rewards, it also carried a much smaller chance of success.

So yeah, he's not doing anything to "save the show" or please you, he's a smart businessman and he knows what he's doing... grow up.

Ok, so I'll ignore what he says, cause you somehow have the insider on what he's really thinking?

He said over and over again that he's here to make truckloads of money and get out.

He admitted in the presser that his camp was preparing to fight Nate for a while now because that fight was always talked about as an option if the RDA fight fell through.

It's not a stupid risk, it's a calculated risk.

RDA was a very tough fight, and while it may have brought more rewards, it also carried a much smaller chance of success.

So yeah, he's not doing anything to "save the show" or please you, he's a smart businessman and he knows what he's doing... grow up.
People can say whatever they want; I'm reading his actions. If he didn't want belts he wouldn't be going after belts; fucking logic is hard, isn't it? He went after Aldo; he went after RDA, and if he beats RDA he's going after Lawler. So yea, he doesn't give a shit about belts, he just wants to take the easiest fights possible and get out.

Saving the PPV gives him leverage and helps his "I'm a fearless badass," image. I didn't say he was doing it for me, but he's certainly not doing it for the money because he's already secured a ridiculously high-paying contract. Whether or not he's getting paid right now is no longer the issue; he wants belts because belts are leverage and lead to EVEN MORE money in the future.

Sorry you're too dumb to separate his tough-talk from his actual motives, which are painfully easy to read.

You remember it wrong. Nate handed Cerrone his ass for 3 rounds. The gif of Nate flipping the bird then Cerrone standing there defeated told the story of that fight.

You're wrong. It was a competitive fight. Diaz won but there wasn't anything close to any 10-8 rounds and Cerrone was never in danger of being stopped. Meanwhile, Cowboy put Diaz on his ass numerous times with leg kicks. Nate got in his head in that fight and got Cerrone to fight his fight. Lots of people thought Cerrone could have won if he had fought smarter.

I was someone rooting for Diaz during that fight and people on here were calling me a fool for saying Nate had a very good chance to win. I kept saying it was going to be the first time Cowboy had fought someone who was longer than he was. People were riding Cowboy's nuts on here back then. Granted not at the same level as Mcgregor knob gobblers do now but it was pretty biased in favor of Cerrone.

Nate Diaz was the number 1 one choice on every fansite. It's what the people wanted.

Conor fans who didn't want him to take a chance on him fighting someone who was actually training for a fight.

The Conor haters are just praying that the next guy that comes along is the one that beats him. They all want to see him lose, because they all think there is this one special fighter out there that is a bad matchup for him that will finally shut him up.

Conor fights nate, so to them it means he is ducking cerrone, edgar and khabib.

If Conor fought cerrone, they would say he is ducking Khabib and edgar.

If Conor fought edgar, they would say he is ducking nate, Khabib and cerrone.

It's just never ending excuses, because they want their great hope to come along and be the one that takes Conor out.

We see the same exact thing with every champ. Anderson, rhonda, liddell and weidman.

The Conor haters are just praying that the next guy that comes along is the one that beats him. They all want to see him lose, because they all think there is this one special fighter out there that is a bad matchup for him that will finally shut him up.

Conor fights nate, so to them it means he is ducking cerrone, edgar and khabib.

If Conor fought cerrone, they would say he is ducking Khabib and edgar.

If Conor fought edgar, they would say he is ducking nate, Khabib and cerrone.

It's just never ending excuses, because they want their great hope to come along and be the one that takes Conor out.

We see the same exact thing with every champ. Anderson, rhonda, liddell and weidman.

I dont hate Conor but his knob-gobbling fans are probably the worst I've ever seen in all my time on this site. I mean "Conor Bless"? Really? That's like some 14yr old shit there. Plus they're already getting their excuses ready should Nate pull of fwhat would be a huge upset. "Conor moved up two weight classes to fight a WW". At least the haters excuse that Nate will have had only 10 days notice is legit but that's why I didn't like this fight in the first place. It had too many built in excuses no matter how it goes.

Look I think the main thing people are being critical of McGregor is that there were fighters ready and fit to fight but the UFC went with a guy that was probably at home playing video games and hitting bongs. It's not McGregor's fault the UFC went with Nate but Cowboy or Khabib would have made good opponents that couldn't cite no training camps as an excuse for losing.

Be honest with yourself. If those names had been chosen you'd be coming up with excuses why they aren't good enough. Cowboy got destroyed by Nate, why didn't they go with him? Khabib has been out two years with injury, why didn't they pick someone else?

The AUDACITY of some posters in here is insane. When you consider just a couple of weeks ago, Werdum pulled out of a card due to a short notice (two weeks) replacement in Stipe Miocic and put the entire card in jeopardy. When you consider, UFC 151 (the card that never was) was CANCELLED because Jon Jones refused to fight Chael Sonnen on short notice.

McGregor has EVERY right to refuse to fight and protect his title shot against RDA. The fact that he is EVEN fighting, should be commended. But, this is taken for granted by so many posters and fans.

These "he should be fighting Khabib", "he's ducking healthy Cerrone", "He's cherry picking his opponents!" comments are just simply unfounded ... and just disgusting. He's saving the card, fighting a new opponent on 10 days notice.

Not to mention, Diaz just demolished Michael Johnson (a top 10 contender at LW) AND this fight is at WW, two weight classes above McGregor's. Diaz at WW is a dangerous fight for anyone, let alone a FW.

I think you fail to understand WHAT people are complaining about.
Fighting an out of shape Diaz is not commendable.
He is basically picking an "easy" fight in order to get paid.

If he'd be picking Cowboy or Khabib, I would be commending him to ireland and back.
But picking a hunting Mendes over an in-shape Frankie?
Or picking Diaz over Khabib or Cowboy?

Sorry.
I get what you are saying, and even agree it is a dangerous fight (everyone can get caught).
Heck, if khabib would decline the fight and Cowboy would not be willing and able, I would even go ahead and say it was great he found someone as a replacement.

But obviously you can't expect people to commend him for picking an easy fight for the money he's being paid.

I think you fail to understand WHAT people are complaining about.
Fighting an out of shape Diaz is not commendable.
He is basically picking an "easy" fight in order to get paid.

If he'd be picking Cowboy or Khabib, I would be commending him to ireland and back.
But picking a hunting Mendes over an in-shape Frankie?
Or picking Diaz over Khabib or Cowboy?

Sorry.
I get what you are saying, and even agree it is a dangerous fight (everyone can get caught).
Heck, if khabib would decline the fight and Cowboy would not be willing and able, I would even go ahead and say it was great he found someone as a replacement.

But obviously you can't expect people to commend him for picking an easy fight for the money he's being paid.
Diaz beat The breaks off Cerrone

Khabib has been injured and hasn't fought in over 2 years.

Diaz arguably makes the most sense.

Cowboy also recently got destroyed by RDA. A win against him doesn't really do anything for Conor.

Nate Diaz at WW is not an easy fight. Especially considering that he recently beat Johnson.

Conor fans who didn't want him to take a chance on him fighting someone who was actually training for a fight.

Oh please. Even Conors fans want to see him take on someone who will be an interesting fight. When nate called him out it opened alot of eyes.

waaaa waaaa ! how dare they say bad things about my guru/idol ?!
waaaa. here I summarized TS's post

Diaz beat The breaks off Cerrone

Khabib has been injured and hasn't fought in over 2 years.

Diaz arguably makes the most sense.

Cowboy also recently got destroyed by RDA. A win against him doesn't really do anything for Conor.

Nate Diaz at WW is not an easy fight. Especially considering that he recently beat Johnson.
As you presented NOTHING new, I will just copy & paste a response I gave another COnnor Nuthugger...

I think every single piece of (weak) excuses you noted above have been discussed and proven wrong.

1) short camp Mendes is not an excuse. it is a fact.
Add this to the fact Frankie was training while Mendes was hunting, and you got no reason why not fight the guy who was (at least) in shape.

2) I NEVER said DIaz is a shit fighter. But it is beyond me how you can claim he is a better pick than Cowboy (who is in-shape and just fought) or Khabib (who is in-shape and training).
The very fact this fight is at 170 shows Diaz was out of shape.

3) Please, do not even attempt to claim change of opponents (after a FULL CAMP) is as bad as an opponent who was not even training. That is just beyond reasonable. It is beyond reaching for straws. it is just you humiliating yourself and pathetically showing anyone you are desperate and taking anything you can think of.
For someone claiming not to be "a McGregor faboi", you surely sound like one.

And it is even more telling the fact that anyone that points out ANYTHING that does not portrait like applauding his bravery for fighting DIaz should be deemed a hater...

I find this position pathetic at best!

You as an MMA fan should be DEMANDING the best matches, not making excuses why your favorite fighter should be protected.

Back