Don't know how anyone can criticise McGregor in all this

I'm sure he's gettin very well compensated. Yes money is the bottom line and Nate doesn't pose the greatest threat, but Conor could have a bad night. But Conor didn't have to take the fight.
No he didn't have to... and I dont have to get up and go to work tomorrow either.

He's got a few reasons not to take the fight, but a few million reasons why he should.

Even if Conor fought Werdum on short notice there will still be people who will claim that he's ducking somebody at HW.

It's what it is. Haters and trolls are unstoppable.

Wedum WAS injured, had back surgery a couple weeks ago, END OF STORY.

McGregor is perfectly healthy, and specifically handpicked an out of shape Diaz who had to be harassed by the UFC to take the fight while in shape fighters like Cowboy and Khabib were calling him out.

/THREAD
Then why was werdum willing to face cain and not stipe? Accept it conor is a boss

I dont think Cowboy is much better than Nate, but to be fair that was years ago and Cerrone has done a lot more than Nate since then.

Also I dont know what fight you watched, I remember Nate outpointing Cerrone 2 rounds to 1, and the only thing that got destroyed were Nate's legs from them kicks.

You need to watch the fight again. Many people felt the fight should've been 30-26.

Diaz outlanded Cerrone by 260 to 104, 220 of those on Cerrone's face. He landed 238 significant strikes to Cerrone's 98. Cerrone only landed 17 leg kicks.

SRC:
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/3247/Nate-Diaz-vs-Donald-Cerrone
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/12/diaz-vs-cerrone-official-ufc-statistics.html

okey dokey

anyone who isn't giving Conor stupid dope props for accepting this fight is a mongoloid

also it's spelled criticize
I think it's "criticise" in England, where poster is located. (FYI)

No he didn't have to... and I dont have to get up and go to work tomorrow either.

He's got a few reasons not to take the fight, but a few million reasons why he should.
I don't have to get up for work tomorrow either, I'm off the next 2.

Based off the title alone; fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. McGregors the man right now. Taking a fight in a weight class hes never fought in to "save" the card? Its getting really hard not to like this guy.

You need to watch the fight again. Many people felt the fight should've been 30-26.

Diaz outlanded Cerrone by 260 to 104, 220 of those on Cerrone's face. He landed 238 significant strikes to Cerrone's 98. Cerrone only landed 17 leg kicks.

SRC:
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/12/diaz-vs-cerrone-official-ufc-statistics.html
It was a while ago, but it did seem Cerrone didn't land much. I don't know if the 6 or so fights in one year was why he looked so bad in that fight.

To those talking about he "hand picked" Nate - he actually hand picked the (very talented and violent) champion one weight class up from him. Unlike every single other dominant UFC champ who's ever pretended they planned to do so.

It was a while ago, but it did seem Cerrone didn't land much. I don't know if the 6 or so fights in one year was why he looked so bad in that fight.

I was rooting for Cerrone so hard that night but I think he got overhyped and too emotionally invested in the fight. When it was time to throw down, he had a huge adrenaline dump.

1) Take his nuts out of your mouth.
2) He is moving up 1 weight class.
3) Took the easiest fight out there.
4) You cannot tell people what to think.
5) I do appreciate that he is willing to take short notice fights.
6) Take his nuts out of your mouth.

Actually he's moving up two weight classes.

When Dana offered the fight, Diaz claimed he couldn't make 155. Dana asked Conor if he could make 160 would he take the fight, he said fine.

Diaz said he couldn't make that and offered 165.

McGregor said the fight will be at 170 giving Diaz a huge advantage of having virtually no weight cut and McGregor is the smaller fighter.

I was rooting for Cerrone so hard that night but I think he got overhyped and too emotionally invested in the fight. When it was time to throw down, he had a huge adrenaline dump.
Me too.

I don't have to get up for work tomorrow either, I'm off the next 2.
Nice, congrats.

I never "have to", I'm self employed... but if I dont go i dont make money that day. Same for Conor, that was my point.

SRC:
True, I haven't watched the fight in a while, but I see one of the judges had it 29-28, and I do recall Cerrone landing a lot of hard leg kicks.

A destruction is like Cain/JDS 2, or Ronda/Holly.

Nate won for sure, but I remember it being fairly competitive.

You don't know how TS? McGregor haters are some of the lowest, most pathetic whinebags to have ever graced this forum. Regardless of the scenario they will find a reason to bitch about him, even if they have to make it up.

True, I haven't watched the fight in a while, but I see one of the judges had it 29-28, and I do recall Cerrone landing a lot of hard leg kicks.

A destruction is like Cain/JDS 2, or Ronda/Holly.

Nate won for sure, but I remember it being fairly competitive.
You remember it wrong. Nate handed Cerrone his ass for 3 rounds. The gif of Nate flipping the bird then Cerrone standing there defeated told the story of that fight.

I'm pretty sure he's more concerned about his payday then he is about saving the show. The guy is making loads of cash every time he steps in there now, it's hilarious when people make him out to be a hero sacrificing himself for the UFC or the fans lol.
He wants the belts more than anything right now and he's risking his shot to save the PPV. He's contracted for a certain number of fights. It's not like he loses the money if he doesn't fight Nate; he's going to get paid the exact same amount by the end of his contract regardless of when or where he fights. He's deciding to take this risk now to save the show and uphold his own principles of never backing out of a fight.

1) Take his nuts out of your mouth.
2) He is moving up 1 weight class.
3) Took the easiest fight out there.
4) You cannot tell people what to think.
5) I do appreciate that he is willing to take short notice fights.
6) Take his nuts out of your mouth.
^^^
baby_crying.gif
^^^

You remember it wrong. Nate handed Cerrone his ass for 3 rounds. The gif of Nate flipping the bird then Cerrone standing there defeated told the story of that fight.

I watched that fight recently. Diaz destroyed him in the first round, but Cerrone did land some hard leg kicks that put Diaz down a couple of times. It definitely wasn't what you'd call a competitive fight. Didn't Diaz break some record for most punches landed/thrown in the LW division or something in that fight?

Wedum WAS injured, had back surgery a couple weeks ago, END OF STORY.

McGregor is perfectly healthy, and specifically handpicked an out of shape Diaz who had to be harassed by the UFC to take the fight while in shape fighters like Cowboy and Khabib were calling him out.

/THREAD

Brazilians,eh ? what can ya do guys?

Back