Don't know how anyone can criticise McGregor in all this

okey dokey

anyone who isn't giving Conor stupid dope props for accepting this fight is a mongoloid

also it's spelled criticize

Wow, you're actually serious?

Alright. TS is from UK and in the UK they spell criticize as criticise. A lot of words you use a 'z' they replace with an 's'.

You're wrong. It was a competitive fight. Diaz won but there wasn't anything close to any 10-8 rounds and Cerrone was never in danger of being stopped. Meanwhile, Cowboy put Diaz on his ass numerous times with leg kicks. Nate got in his head in that fight and got Cerrone to fight his fight. Lots of people thought Cerrone could have won if he had fought smarter.

I was someone rooting for Diaz during that fight and people on here were calling me a fool for saying Nate had a very good chance to win. I kept saying it was going to be the first time Cowboy had fought someone who was longer than he was. People were riding Cowboy's nuts on here back then. Granted not at the same level as Mcgregor knob gobblers do now but it was pretty biased in favor of Cerrone.
Nope, you're wrong. It wasn't competitive at all. Not remotely whatsoever. Cerrone was never even in the fight, a decisive win for Diaz.

I think you fail to understand WHAT people are complaining about.
Fighting an out of shape Diaz is not commendable.
He is basically picking an "easy" fight in order to get paid.

If he'd be picking Cowboy or Khabib, I would be commending him to ireland and back.
But picking a hunting Mendes over an in-shape Frankie?
Or picking Diaz over Khabib or Cowboy?

Sorry.
I get what you are saying, and even agree it is a dangerous fight (everyone can get caught).
Heck, if khabib would decline the fight and Cowboy would not be willing and able, I would even go ahead and say it was great he found someone as a replacement.

But obviously you can't expect people to commend him for picking an easy fight for the money he's being paid.
Give it a motherfucking rest already. He planned on fighting RDA, who is a much much tougher opponent than Diaz or Cerrone (Diaz is a tougher opponent than Cerrone too btw), RDA backs out of the freaking fight less than two weeks out and all of a sudden Conor is picking easy fights? You are such a loser and an idiot.

It's a good way to weed out the fucking idiots TS.

Regardless of how you feel about Conor, ... love him or hate him, you can't deny the fact that he's all about the game. It's about fighting and money and he's not one to pull out of a card because of a dropped opponent.

The AUDACITY of some posters in here is insane. When you consider just a couple of weeks ago, Werdum pulled out of a card due to a short notice (two weeks) replacement in Stipe Miocic and put the entire card in jeopardy. When you consider, UFC 151 (the card that never was) was CANCELLED because Jon Jones refused to fight Chael Sonnen on short notice.

McGregor has EVERY right to refuse to fight and protect his title shot against RDA. The fact that he is EVEN fighting, should be commended. But, this is taken for granted by so many posters and fans.

These "he should be fighting Khabib", "he's ducking healthy Cerrone", "He's cherry picking his opponents!" comments are just simply unfounded ... and just disgusting. He's saving the card, fighting a new opponent on 10 days notice.

Not to mention, Diaz just demolished Michael Johnson (a top 10 contender at LW) AND this fight is at WW, two weight classes above McGregor's. Diaz at WW is a dangerous fight for anyone, let alone a FW.

In my best "Irish accent" Conor bless for saving us all. That greedy Motherf*ker took a few extra mill just for the inconvenience of this happening again? I ain't hating I would've done the same damn thing for money just like Conor; I also would've taken a guy that was suited to my style (Nate Diaz) no ko power, no real ability to take me down, can be hit, and can be easily be drawn into in fight in cage trash fighting/talking antics the show must go on...

Last edited:
Nope, you're wrong. It wasn't competitive at all. Not remotely whatsoever. Cerrone was never even in the fight, a decisive win for Diaz.

I bet you didn't even watch it live and have just seen the Diaz middle finger gif. I'm not sure what you think is competitive. You probably think it's only competive if it's a split decision. Diaz obviously won but again, Cerrone was never in trouble of being stopped and it was Diaz who got tripped or leg kicked to the mat numerous times in the fight.

He had no business being in a title fight with RDA in the first place considering he has 0 wins at LW.

I think you fail to understand WHAT people are complaining about.
Fighting an out of shape Diaz is not commendable.
He is basically picking an "easy" fight in order to get paid.

If he'd be picking Cowboy or Khabib, I would be commending him to ireland and back.
But picking a hunting Mendes over an in-shape Frankie?
Or picking Diaz over Khabib or Cowboy?

Sorry.
I get what you are saying, and even agree it is a dangerous fight (everyone can get caught).
Heck, if khabib would decline the fight and Cowboy would not be willing and able, I would even go ahead and say it was great he found someone as a replacement.

But obviously you can't expect people to commend him for picking an easy fight for the money he's being paid.

Hah, what a load of horseshit. Let's be honest here .. if he was fighting Khabib, you'd bitch he wasn't fighting Cerrone and vice versa.

Nate and his coaches have both stated repeatedly that Nate is in shape, and he's always ready to go. Add to that the fact that Nate straight up beat the shit out of Cerrone, and somehow Nate is the easier fight?

Just man up and admit to the fact that you just don't like the matchup. But don't hold it against Conor for picking the most MMA fight-friendly fight out of the bunch. Conor vs Nate is a fantastic fight that's guaranteed to be entertaining, and that's what this whole shit show is about isn't it? I've been laughing and smiling at each and every media moment that's been posted since the annoucement.

Even if Conor fought Werdum on short notice there will still be people who will claim that he's ducking somebody at HW.

It's what it is. Haters and trolls are unstoppable.

I'm one of those wanting waiting for Conor to get a good ass stuffing take that any way you want to, but you made me laugh with this post...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
People can say whatever they want; I'm reading his actions. If he didn't want belts he wouldn't be going after belts; fucking logic is hard, isn't it? He went after Aldo; he went after RDA, and if he beats RDA he's going after Lawler. So yea, he doesn't give a shit about belts, he just wants to take the easiest fights possible and get out.

Saving the PPV gives him leverage and helps his "I'm a fearless badass," image. I didn't say he was doing it for me, but he's certainly not doing it for the money because he's already secured a ridiculously high-paying contract. Whether or not he's getting paid right now is no longer the issue; he wants belts because belts are leverage and lead to EVEN MORE money in the future.

Sorry you're too dumb to separate his tough-talk from his actual motives, which are painfully easy to read.
They're also big money fights dummy.

He took the DIaz fight because he was offered shitloads of cash to save the show, and Diaz was on his couch smoking a bong and only has 10 days to prepare.

All that shit you just wrote spells out the same thing I've been saying = more money.

Bottom line, he's doing it for himself.

Now go jerk off to his poster on your ceiling and stop bugging me.

I'm sure he's gettin very well compensated. Yes money is the bottom line and Nate doesn't pose the greatest threat, but Conor could have a bad night. But Conor didn't have to take the fight.
He did if he wanted to get paid. And he's made it quite clear that's all he really cares about. Money.

Seriously dude you want /expect anyone to go out there and fight world class dudes at 2 weight classes higher with 10 days notice, come on dude people need to have some perspective. Name another fighter that has done exactly that.
Look the more I think about it the more I believe no one could properly step in. I'm just going to sit back and watch McGregor beat the piss out of Diaz (who's getting more than properly compensated for this fight. Probably make more off this fight than Nick has ever made in one fight) than call out Nick. I this fight to be competitive for one round.

He had no business being in a title fight with RDA in the first place considering he has 0 wins at LW.
He is the FW champion. Fans have been crying out for a super fight that GSP and Anderson did not deliver.

As soon as McGregor provides that fight, some fans moan about it.

In my best "Irish accent" Conor bless for saving us all. That greedy Motherf*ker took a few extra mill just for the inconvenience of this happening again? I ain't hating I would've done the same damn thing for money just like Conor; I also would've taken a guy that was suited to my style (Nate Diaz) no ko power, no real ability to take me down, can be hit, and can be easily be drawn into in fight in cage trash fighting/talking antics the show must go on...
Nate Diaz is taller, longer reach, bigger, has great boxing, cardio and jiu jitsu ... , just came off a victory over MJ. He is not an easy fight for anyone

yeah, until his gas tank ran out.

I'll give Connor a ton of credit for taking the risks, but I'll give Nate and Mendez a lot more credit for stepping up.
Not me. Nate has nothing to lose. Everything to gain. 1 million in the bank which is prolly more than he made all fights combined. Nate loses doesnt even change his ranking and he goes right back to middle of pack at LW.

Conor does. Big time. Aura of invincibility gone which draws all these fans in the first place. Maybe even RDA fight unless its written in stone already. Big risk for no gold....but shitloads of cash ahaha.

Conor is taking the far greater risk. Which is why most champs wont take late replacements.

Last edited:
The AUDACITY of some posters in here is insane. When you consider just a couple of weeks ago, Werdum pulled out of a card due to a short notice (two weeks) replacement in Stipe Miocic and put the entire card in jeopardy. When you consider, UFC 151 (the card that never was) was CANCELLED because Jon Jones refused to fight Chael Sonnen on short notice.

McGregor has EVERY right to refuse to fight and protect his title shot against RDA. The fact that he is EVEN fighting, should be commended. But, this is taken for granted by so many posters and fans.

These "he should be fighting Khabib", "he's ducking healthy Cerrone", "He's cherry picking his opponents!" comments are just simply unfounded ... and just disgusting. He's saving the card, fighting a new opponent on 10 days notice.

Not to mention, Diaz just demolished Michael Johnson (a top 10 contender at LW) AND this fight is at WW, two weight classes above McGregor's. Diaz at WW is a dangerous fight for anyone, let alone a FW.

I dont like McG or his fans, but I have to agree. He cant be criticized here. All he's doing is making sure the cards happen and taking fights that we know other fighters would turn down.

I dislike Conor.

Diaz >>> Cowboy.

Diaz is a tougher matchup and he's much more durable. Cowboy is notorious for starting slow and Mcg finishes fights early. Bad combo.

Whether Diaz was hand picked or not he's absolutely the tougher guy compared to Cowboy. Plus he's more entertaining as well.

What's the issue?

I'm sure everyone agrees that there have been some delusionary fan bases over the years. Interestingly a new group of delusionary posters seems to have emerged that put the others to shame, that group is the McGregor haters!

Not saying Conor is beyond critique however whichever opponent Conor chose he would have been criticised! If he chose Cowboy haters would have said he's ducking Diaz, if he chose Khabib haters would have said he's only picking him because he hasn't fought in almost two years (not that that fight is even possible as Khabib is booked to fight Furgeson).

I think we should appreciate the fact that Conor is willing to fight on short notice, also to call Conor scared seems completely illogical as he was about to fight RDA, the reigning 155lb champ who many view to be a bad stylistic matchup for McGregor, someone who has already beaten Cowboy and Diaz.

Back